Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet starts tomorrow

I am having my surgery on the 13th only 2 weeks away ! My doctor wants me to start drinking the Protein shakes for the next 2 weeks before the surgery... Just really hoping that I won't be hungry all the time! What are the best tasting shakes anyone has tried? I bought the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury starter pack and will try them tomorrow along with the sugar free carnation instant Breakfast ones, any other suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using VST

i can pretty much live on Premier shakes. You can get them at Sam's club or costco. Come in vanilla or chocolate (their website says they have strawberry, but I've never seen it). I don't do powders, they never seem to mix or taste right IMO.

Thanks I will have to give them a try!

I have surgery on Monday, so I've been doing the shakes. I've tried premier Protein and pure Protein. The Pure protein are ok. I wouldn't go so far as to say good, but very drinkable. The Premier Protein ones were vile. I like the chocolate splendor from unjury the best. You can order a sample pack from them to try the different flavors.

A couple of tricks.

Get the drinks as cold as possible. That masks the aftertaste.

A tsp of instant coffee granules to the chocolate splendor is the bomb. Again just a little something extra to mask an oddness.

You can add crystal light to the vanilla for a change of pace.

Good luck.

Good luck with your surgery!

I start tomorrow (Friday) too... I was given Optifast shakes and bars from my surgeons office. I'm sure it will all taste like crap but I'm so looking forward to starting to feel better i don't care at this point. How's it going for you? Was today your first day??

I am having my surgery on the 13th only 2 weeks away ! My doctor wants me to start drinking the Protein shakes for the next 2 weeks before the surgery... Just really hoping that I won't be hungry all the time! What are the best tasting shakes anyone has tried? I bought the unjury starter pack and will try them tomorrow along with the sugar free carnation instant Breakfast ones' date=' any other suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

I'm Feb. 13th too!! I have a few different brands of Protein powders, just made sure they were protein isolates. ISOLATE EVOLUTION BY INTEK vanilla is my fav so far. 1 scoop 130 cals, 1g fat, 0 carbs and 30g protein. Some places like Complete Nutrition will have protein powders open in store you can sample.

I have a few bottles of McCormick extract on hand so that I can add a few drops and change up the flavor and keep it interesting. So far I like Rasberry and Mint extract. Good luck!!

Yea today was my first day... I'm not going to lie it was hard...but from reading other people's posts it looks like it does get easier as time goes on...I just think about the end results! Good luck tomorrow!

I have tried just about everything. It's been very hard for me to find something I could hold down. I finally came across Premier from costco and can actually tolerate the chocolate as long as its ice cold. Unjury's unflavored smells so bad it doesn't matter if its unflavored! Yuk!