Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!

My name is Pam and I was banded on 6/25. I was fortunate to meet Alex online and in person to help me make my decision to be banded. I am 2 weeks and a few days post-op and just making the transition to pureed food. I'm not all that hungry, which is a pleasant surprise and ecstatic about the 15 pounds I have lost during my liquid days! I am feeling good, still experiencing some soreness from my port, but it gets better each day.

This recent loss, along with 35 pounds I lost on WW, brings me to an even 50 pounds. I also realized, that for the first time in a long time, I am less than 100 pounds heavier than my husband!

My current challenge to myself- to get exercising. I'm not a big fan and have never stuck with a routine for more than a few months. Any motivational ideas are greatly appreciated!

A bit about me, other than my weight! I have 3 daughters and 1 son, ranging from 3 to 17. I have a loving, though morbidly thin, husband! I work 3 days a week in the field of early intervention, services for kids from birth to three who have disabilities.

Looking forward to sharing my lap-band journey with all of you.

Best, Pam

Pam, great job on your weight loss so far! Congratulations on being banded! I don't like to exercise either. I've been walking regularly, and some bike riding. I tried a yoga tape and some small weights. But I haven't stuck with that regularly.

Welcome Pam and Congratulations!

What a rewarding job with kids. 50 pounds with or without the band is a great loss. The best aspect is the weight will not come back. I would be honored to meet Alex.

Sending best wishes.

Welcome Pam!

I am freshly banded as well (June 30th) and hanging out here has really helped me through this whole process! You are a lucky one to have met Miss Alex and I'm glad she helped you come to the decision to travel to bandland!

Take care and congratulations!

Darcy

Hi Pam and welcome!

Any freind of Alex's is a friend of ours. Congratulations on your wieght loss and being banded. You will love your band. Keep us posted on your progress ... ;)

Thanks for the kind words of welcome!

I just had my first multi-course pureed meal, grilled chicken, spinach and a tiny bit of baked sweet potato. It was pretty good, though hard to get the chicken pureed without adding a lot of water!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one not exercising yet. On some of the yahoo groups everyone sounds like they are up walking miles the day after surgery.... I want this weight loss so badly that I'm willing to try just about anything- even exercise!

I am lucky to have Alex to guide and encourage me and look forward to chatting with all of you too!

Pam

All right, all right, that's enough of THAT!!! Who is this Alex person you're all yakking about? ;)

HI PAM!!! Nice to see you here, for real! Now don't go blaming your banding on me--all I did was drink coffee while you ruminated. :):D :D

WELCOME!! :Bunny

Pam, please take it easy with exercising. I only walked until I had my post-op visit with my surgeon (and only flat, not incline). Afterwards, I added bike riding. Please get your surgeon's advice on what he/she recommends regarding eating, exercising, etc. I loved my blender during the pureed food segment.

I have not been banded yet but I too have never been one for working out. However I am a fish so I found Water arobices to be great. Where else are we weightless! that alone is enough to make you plunge into the pool. Well is for me anyways! Alot of community centers and ymca's offer it. Try it its great. And its all old lady's so you wont feel uncomfortable.

Welcome, Welcome welcome! I too was banded in June. Good luck! Keep up the gtreat success!

Thanks for all the additional welcome messages! I am learning to live in bandland these days. I am waiting for my first fill, which is scheduled for September 9th. I am definitely restricted in terms of how much I can eat (though that is still probably too much), but what I am really hoping for the fill to do is to help dim my between meals hunger. I'd love to get to that sweet spot people talk about where I am really not hungry for 4-5 hours.

My weight loss has slowed down to about 1 pound a week, which I am not complaining about. But I know that I am only losing because I am tolerating a lot of hunger and using some old weight watchers tricks to stay full. But, any losing is wonderful and I am enjoying it thoroughly.

Also, after my rant about exercising, I have to say that I am on a roll. I started using the elliptical machine at the gym, making it there on average every other day. I am up to 35 minutes as of yesterday. I love the intensity of it, but without any impact on my knees, hips, etc. For my 35 mins yesterday I burned 400 calories if the machine was to be believed.

I also love the Water and have been a Water aerobics fan. The only down sides are the scheduling is a challenge for me and it is much harder for me to get an equivalent workout as on the elliptical. With 4 kids I have to take any chance I have to exercise and use it, day or night!

Hope everyone is well and on the losing side!

Pam