Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does this happen to anyone?

I had my Surgery on 12-10-12 anytime I eat anything it seen like it get Stuck in my Throat and that is with little bits and I get a really bad Headache and it makes me sick has this happen to anyone. I know you not Supposed throw up with the sleeve.

I had my Surgery on 12-10-12 anytime I eat anything it seen like it get Stuck in my Throat and that is with little bits and I get a really bad Headache and it makes me sick has this happen to anyone. .

Maybe your taking big bites and not chewing enough? Im not quite sure, when I eat too fast and dont chew enough I feel sick. maybe call your Doc see what he says

Hope it goes away and you feel better

You really need to chew better. I am 2 years out and if I eat too fast, drink too soon or take too big of bites I always puke. Just remeber to slow down and chew your food well. You might want to keep notice of what foods is causing this. For me...i can not eat ANY stringy meat..like BBQ or pot roast. I always end up getting sick from it becasue it feels stuck. It took a while to figure it out for me. Good Luck!

I had my Surgery on 12-10-12 anytime I eat anything it seen like it get Stuck in my Throat and that is with little bits and I get a really bad Headache and it makes me sick has this happen to anyone. I know you not Supposed throw up with the sleeve.

Omg me to I just had my surgery this month on the 21 and am feeling the same way.

It happened to me. You need to make sure the meat you are eating is not dry. It needs to be moist. Your sleeve may not be ready for chicken or steak. I am just five months out and I just started to eat chicken and steak. Has to be tender not dry eat small pieces chew good. Even now I don't get that many pieces down. What I do get a bit more Down of is taco beef and chili. It goes down a lot easier. Good luck don't push it your sleeve may not be ready.

I'd really like more details, such as

What is "anything"?

And what do you consider "little bits(bites?)"? How well are you chewing your food?

Judging by your surgery date, I'm assuming you've been on full solids for a couple weeks now. You should be swallowing very well masticated, tiny portions, no bigger than an almond(without the shell).

If that is what you are doing & still have problems swallowing then its time to see the Doc. You may have a fistula. It's basically where during the healing process the opening to your stomach becomes restricted. Whether it is due to a simple constriction or the healing process grew additional tissue there, I'm not sure. The good news is, even if you do have one, the treatment is a very simple in & out office visit procedure.

I seen my doc the other day he had me drink the stuff and watch it go down and he said that my throat was to tight so I am at Baylor right now and they are about to fix it.

I seen my doc the other day he had me drink the stuff and watch it go down and he said that my throat was to tight so I am at Baylor right now and they are about to fix it.

hope everything goes well good luck

That's great news to hears... congrats.