Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me Thinks The World Just became a little safer

Gailannr, there was this crusader who was arguing with a contempory about the crusades and he said you know this just didn't start a few years ago. It would seem he discovered that the conflict had been going on for quitye some time long before you came to your conclusion. Zealots on all sides have been killing each other for thousands of years. But these are the zealots and both sides have them. They are, at best, insane, and they will continue to exist. The average person however gets up in the morning and goes about there daily lives with no desire to kill anyone or destroy any group. Once you allow yourself to believe that the other team is all bad or evil you take the first step into dehumanizing them. It's an important step that must be taken if you are ever going to be able to do the things you will need to do to get rid of them.

Ah but the sad truth is to do this you must first become the thing you hate and soon they are holding up your picture as justification for the wrongs they will commit. And so the cycle continues ensuring that ignorance wins out all the time.

I live by my rules not theirs or yours, If, like you, others decide to live by a seperate set of rules, then so be it. If I decide that it is okay to change my rules because others have changed their rules then I must answer to me.

I cherish life and, as such, I believe it is wrong to take anothers lfe, That belief is not based on how much I like or dislike the other person.

To lump others together and characterise them as evil is wrong but it serves a purpose in that it allows us to justify the wrongs we do to them.

"I have seen the enemy and He is I"

Well, then what happens to the Iraqi's that begged us and continue to beg us to save them? What about the relatives of the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that were buried alive or massacred/slaughtered and then buried in mass graves? What about their children, will they remember? Oh no, that's right, most of their children were buried right along with them. Just remember, our country is polorized (division or formation into two opposite or opposing groups) that's about 50/50 across the land. Liberals are just better at waa waaing longer and louder. I hate war but FREEDOM IS NOT FREE! History will tell and we will be long dead. But I hope my death comes naturally, not from the Jihadists that made it to American! Because they will come again unless we stop them! Why don't the Jihadists feel like our liberals? Why don't they stop killing their own? Don't they love their brothers like our liberals love them? Oh, not the same rules for them? DUH!

The Iraqis wanted to be saved from whoever was killing them. They did NOT want to be saved from Islam or from a non-democratic government.

All of the survivors will remember who maimed or killed whom...including:

http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl2008/images/20030425007100503.jpg

And here are some more people we helped:

http://www.robert-fisk.com/iraqwarvictims_page19.htm

It isn't the liberals who are running around screaming, scared to death that the nearest brown guy is going to blow up the PigglyWiggly. THAT behavior is coming from people who don't read and don't watch anything but Faux News and who let others tell them what should scare them.

I think that most of us know what "polarized" means. But it is no longer a 50/50 deal...it is currently a 31% Approval Rating...and dropping:

http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/view.bg?articleid=167794

The "Jihadists" are already here...and they aren't brown and they aren't Muslim. They are white...and they are Christian...and they are blowing up federal buildings and abortion clinics and stalking doctors and murdering them in ther homes...and they are doing God's work. Just ask them. And they are staple gunning "fags" to fences and killing them. And they have killed federal marshalls and bombed gay nightclubs. God's work.

There is very little difference between Christian extremist psychos and Muslim suicide bombers...except that the Christian "heroes" run and hide afterward.

But, if you are convinced that this issue is what you say it is, I can't imaging your not wanting to enlist and do your part to save all of us. I chose the Army website, because that's the branch I enlisted in...but I'll be glad to hook you up with a USMC recruiter if you'd rather:

http://www.goarmy.com/flindex.jsp

geezersue,

Perhaps you've missed some of this thread. I am little too old to enlist, but I can tell you that my son is a pilot in the USAF. He has been defending our nation since 1994. And, what makes you think I'm a religious nut? Or that everyone who doesn't agree with you murders "fags" as you put it, or blows up abortion clinics? I haven't heard that one in a while. EEEhhh Gads that's as bad as being called a "bleeding heart" Liberal. I don't like the way the war is going either. But it doesn't mean that this country still isn't polorized. Don't let the polls fool you!

Stop in and say hello to the Jihadists on Fox News Special tonight. Do you really think this started six years ago? How can you guys be so blind to what they want to do to us? I just don't see how you aren't fearing for your lives and your children and grandchildren's lives in the future!!

Terrorist targets in North America are likely to be major cities with international profiles such as New York, Washington, Los Angeles in the United States and Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto in Canada. They are most likely to aim for international airports, mass transit systems, stock exchanges, and Water supplies. This is the way terrorism has worked in Europe and worked on 9/11. If you do not live in one of these centres and do not fly internationally the chances are superb that you will never, ever be personally affected by a jihadist. Even for those of us who do live in these "hot spots" the chances are excellent that we will succumb to natural causes.

The philosophy behind terrorist activities is to create feelings of terror in the local populace. This intent has been successful in the case of gailannr.

The philosophy behind terrorist activities is to create feelings of terror in the local populace. This intent has been successful in the case of gailannr.

Exactly! That's why they call them "terrorists".

geezersue,

Perhaps you've missed some of this thread. I am little too old to enlist, but I can tell you that my son is a pilot in the USAF. He has been defending our nation since 1994. And, what makes you think I'm a religious nut? Or that everyone who doesn't agree with you murders "fags" as you put it, or blows up abortion clinics? I haven't heard that one in a while. EEEhhh Gads that's as bad as being called a "bleeding heart" Liberal. I don't like the way the war is going either. But it doesn't mean that this country still isn't polorized. Don't let the polls fool you!

I appreciate anything anyone is doing to DEFEND us. I don't appreciate anyone's blowing up innocent people in my name or with my buck.

I didn't say anything about YOUR religion. Did I? I was taliking about EXTREMISTS, Christian or Muslim.

I'm not your typical "bleeding heart liberal," as I--like your son--volunteered to serve our country. I'll be q "bleeding heart progressive" if you don't mind.

So, the polls that showed that Bush was right about the war were ALSO wrong? Gimme a break...the elections went the way they did because MOST AMERICANS now understand that he lied or--at the very least was BADLY misinformed--and we didn't and don't belong in Iraq. It would really nice if EVERYONE could catch on, but that doesn't usually happen.

I understand that it would make more sense to the families of those who are currently serving if the lives of their loved ones were being put on the line for a REASON. Sadly, that isn't the case. Well, there IS a reason...but it isn't the defense of this country. And we will probably pay for years to come...but only because we've gone where we didn't belong and killed thousand and thousands of innocent people.

Why did we choose Iraq to save? Why aren't we saving the millions (!) who are being slaughtered in South Africa?

Why aren't we working toward peace in the Middle East all over the Middle East, not just Iraq? Especially since many of the other countries in the Middle East are known to have hotbeds of terrorist support.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

BJean,

My response would be why aren't the "Freedom Fighter/Jihadists" saving the millions (!) who are being slaughtered in South Africa?

Why aren't they working toward peace in the Middle East AND IRAQ? Aren't the "people" who fund them and their ideology a little tired of the thousands of years of wars and the starving, dead, dieing people in the world? THINK OF THE MONEY THAT COULD BE GIVEN TO THESE POOR PEOPLE OF THE WORLD! You know it must cost a lot of money to transplant 12,000 jihadists to Iraq!

If we leave politics out of it would you all fight for people being slaughtered in South Africa? Not likely since the republicans haven't gone over there yet. Yes, that would be a good thing to start whanning about! Does that mean that not one more person in South Africa will have to die from the "Freedom Fighters/opressors" in their homeland?

Why can't THEY "Let There Be Peace On Earth?" Why don't THEY just stop what they are doing and "Come Together Right Now?"

The Jihadists merely want us, the infidels, out of their homelands which would be the Muslim countries. That is their mandate.

Why can't THEY "Let There Be Peace On Earth?" Why don't THEY just stop what they are doing and "Come Together Right Now?"

Gail....isn't the answer to your question obvious? Because "they", if you mean Muslim extremists, really, truly believe in their heart of hearts that non-Muslims (or even Muslims who don't agree with them) are filthy, unworthy, infidel dogs. "They" would not walk across the street to spit on us if we were on fire - literally.

Osama bin Laden declared a holy war on the US in 1996, and in 1998 he called for all Muslims to unite against Christians and Jews worldwide. His stated goal is to annihilate us all....wipe us off the face of the Earth. Bin Laden is the leader and primary source of funding for al-Qeada. He and his cohorts were behind 9/11, the attack on the USS Cole, and many other terroristic acts. What he is NOT is this.....bin Laden is NOT in Iraq. So....tell me again why are WE there?

The Jihadists merely want us, the infidels, out of their homelands which would be the Muslim countries. That is their mandate.

We wish that was all they wanted, Green.

In a taped message broadcast by al-Jazeera television, Ayman al-Zawahri, second in command to Osama bin Laden, said al-Qa'ida now saw "all the world as a battlefield open in front of us.""

The Egyptian-born physician said the Hezbollah and Palestinian fighting against Israel would not be ended with "cease-fires or agreements."

"The war with Israel does not depend on ceasefires ... . It is a Jihad for the sake of God and will last until (our) religion prevails ... from Spain to Iraq," al-Zawahri said. "We will attack everywhere."

I am wrong. The above was a simple-minded statement...an idiotic statement in fact.:embarassed:

Dar al islam, for those of you who missed it, (Jack's House = Dar in Arabic) used to be from Spain t o the Pacific ocean - all across S. Europe (Bosnian muslims, anyone??) Like I said - LONG memories...we're lucky if we remember yesterday....Ayman al-Zawahiri and Al-Qaida would like to see the caliphate return...you know, 12th century Islamic world based in Baghdad (!) and ruled via islamic law...oh, wait, we don't know history, either...how sad...Dar al harb is the house of war = any non muslim LAND is that...and 'Dhimmi - tude" = the peoples of the book, e.g., christians and jews as second class citizens within the muslim empire...wearing, among other htings, distinctive insignia or signs showing they are not muslims...like a yellow six pointed star...

Jack, I appreciate your thoughtful approach. However I do take exception to your characterization "faint of heart" to discribe people rising up against the actions of BushCo". Please don't mistake the fact that some of us believe that our President has us in one hellofa mess, with the fact that we are all for a strong national defense - at least I am. There is however a difference between aggression and defense. And there is another term that too many Republicans scoff at. It's diplomacy. What the heck do they have against it? It may not work all the time, but it sure won't work if you don't try it.

Ok Jack, so our presence in Iraq, the way we have been proceeding, has helped stem the aggression of Jihadists exactly HOW? You think they're afraid of us? You think that the sad, poor way we've approached the task in Iraq has made us look stronger to them? Are they just waiting for us to continue to deplete our forces and resources before they take over the world? If you were able, would you be willing to go over there and do the work that you think we need to be doing? What exactly would you propose to do once you were there without the proper support from your homeland, which I assume is America?