Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This sucks! I hope they can still do surgery.

I started this process with no health issues what so ever. The only issue was my BMI. Now, my GI found h pylori, my cardiologist found tachacardya (sp?), and now my pulmonologist found that I have asthma and is sending me to be tested for RA, thyroid disease, and lung disease!!

I want this surgery soooooo badly. Does anyone have these issues and still able to have surgery??

Oh, and sorry for the vent -_-

Hi Jessica:

It can be overwhelming to find out things you didn't know were an issue. But on the positive side, you are finding out everything Before having surgery. The h pylori, they can treat. It was found that I had SVT (SupraVentricular Tachycardia) in the middle of my first surgical attempt. NOT FUN. I had a rapid heartbeat on occasion and could attribute it to exercise, anxiety or a miriad of other excuses. I woke from surgery still intubated and scared out of my mind to find they "shocked" me and had to stop half way through.

Again, the good thing is they found out. And when I went back a month later, they knew how to treat it with meds.

Had you been checked for these things prior to starting your prep for surgery?

I am sure you'll be fine and equally sure you'll get some feedback from others who had medical issues similar to yours prior to being sleeved.

Best of luck to you!!

Thank you. No, I've never been tested for this stuff. To be honest, I haven't been to a doctor in about 5 years (except an OB when pregnant). I'm just hoping this stuff gets resolved and doesn't interfere with my surgery. I just started a 6 mont waiting period, so I have until June to straighten all this out.

Same thing happened to my best friend ! Started finding all the same things they found on you .. Good news is that most of those problems will go away once you lose the weight ! Good luck

That's good! Thank you :)

I started this process with no health issues what so ever. The only issue was my BMI. Now' date=' my GI found h pylori, my cardiologist found tachacardya (sp?), and now my pulmonologist found that I have asthma and is sending me to be tested for RA, thyroid disease, and lung disease!!

I want this surgery soooooo badly. Does anyone have these issues and still able to have surgery??

Oh, and sorry for the vent -_-[/quote']

H pylori is treatable with antibiotics. I have SVT and hypothyroidism as well and am on preventative meds and had no problems when I had a different surgery in August. As for asthma, they'll probably give you breathing exercises to do after surgery to work in your lung strength.

Keep your head up and try not to get defeated! You'd rather find all this out now than have a complication later on!

Very true!

My PCP just called and said I tested positive for H Pylori. But I can't reach my surgeon until Wednesday because it is Mardi Gras season in Louisiana and every thing shuts down for Fat Tuesday. Ugh! Now I'm stressed. And my PCP won't start antibiotics until he talks to my surgeon. My surgery date is 14 days away. SCREAM!!!