Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting my first fill today

I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks because I've been eating like I was pre-band, and I have a feeling I gained back any weight I lost. I am really looking forward to getting the weight loss started!

let me know how it goes - i go for my first fill Monday.

remember, the time before your first fill is for healing, any loss - even if it is 1/8 of a pound is a loss and a bonus!

Don't be nervous, I know I was when I went for my first one, I had myself all worked up. Then, when it was all done, I was amazed at how simple it was.

I hope you are able to get the restriction you need with one fill. However, remember that with many people, it does take 2-3 fills to reach proper restriction, so don't get discouraged.

Thanks for the good wishes~

It went pretty well. The needle that contained the novocaine was the only thing that hurt, and it wasn't painful really, just a little sting and slight burning for about 3 seconds.

I got 1 cc, and already had .5 in there, so I'm at 1.5cc. I have to say I felt it in a few hours. I was eating Soup, and I just wanted to stop. I couldn't believe it, I was full! Normally I could have continued eating; I think I had about 3/4 of what I normally would have had.

For anyone with upcoming adjustments, it really was ok, and I'm normally not ok with needles. And the best part is you finally feel like you're really starting with the band.:)

I had my first fill on 11/10/06 also. I lost a total of 10lbs but like you had been eatting like I was prebanded for about 2 1/2 weeks. for example post op I could not do soda not even one sip. When the restriction went away I had soda a few times. Not daily but prob 3 times a week and it was limited. I did not gain weight back after the restriction was gone I just did not loose any.

I feel like a failure for it and guilty.

I feel the restriction now and am happy to have it back.

I looked at the pre fill days as time to heal. I had one part of my port incission that would not heal so I focused on that and feeling better.

How did you weight loss go? Keep us posted....

I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks because I've been eating like I was pre-band, and I have a feeling I gained back any weight I lost. I am really looking forward to getting the weight loss started!

I had my first fill today and it was a breeze!! I didn't even feel the prick of the needle. The doc had me push my stomach against his fingers and lift my head. This made it much easier for him to find it and make sure that he got it in the first time. I could feel the saline go into my band and definitely felt restriction when I swallowed Water.

I am wondering why some people don't get a fill until 3 months after their surgery. My surgery was May 1st and I already had my first fill. I have a 5cc band and they filled it 1.5cc's....

I have to stay on liquids today and tomorrow and then real soft foods for 2 days.

Overall it was a good experience.