Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated, impatient, going crazy...

I am waiting on approval from my insurance, but really my doctor's office is the biggest hold up. I started this process in September of last year. Had to go through 3 months pre-op appointments for the insurance to approve. My last appointment was 12/6 so I thought I would for sure be getting sleeved in January. NOPE! Dr. office didn't even submit the paperwork to the insurance until 12/28. By 1/8 I had a denial, due to the surgeon being out of network. No problem, the office was going to switch my surgeon to the other in the practice that is in network. I had that conversation with the coordinator on 1/8, but the insurance still has not received the recertification paperwork. WTH???? That was 3 weeks ago! For the last 2 weeks I have been alternately calling the insurance and the cooridinator at the dr. office - getting the run around. Cigna says that they have not received new paperwork - coordinator says that they told her they can make the change over the phone. Each has told me this same info twice. Coordinator told me that they are really busy and she is doing the job of two people. Ok - I understand that, but I have to get a surgery date and approve it with my boss, etc. I need to get this process moving!!!

I think we've all gone through this. The cases where it goes smoothly are much more rare.

I started the process in July 2012, and had 6 months of physician supervised weight loss, and my insurance paperwork JUST got submitted today.

It's part of the process. Hang in there.

Sorry you are having a hard time. Hang in there and be persistant and it will all work out. I started my process last January and am just now about to have Surgery on Wed. I had a very easy time of it my WL clinic did all the work and Iwas approved on the first try. The reason it took this long was my fault and with how I had to scedule my appts. I only had to do the 3 mos diet. It seems like it takes forever but it will be here before you know it.

Good Luck

I completely understand you . I been in this process for almost a year . Finally, I'm done with everything and the coordinator has not sent my paperwork . She claims she send on Friday but when I called my insurance today , they said that they have now received anything. !! I'm super anxious to know of I got approved . I also want to put in my paperwork at work . It's so frustrating !!!!!

Update: It's been over a month since I've posted this and still waiting to hear if I'm approved. Turns out that when the practice moved at the end of the year, the new doctor did not have his address updated with Cigna. Sooooo, I had to have the doctor's office submit the address change. I gave it some time and I was very patient (not like me!). I finally called Cigna and the pre-certification nurse (I snagged the direct line of the pre-cert nurse for my case which means I can bug the CRAP out of her!!). After a long conversation to reminder her what is going on, she tells me that , Oh, the address has been changed in the system. I guess if I hadn't followed up, nothing would have moved forward. She told me I just needed the dr. office to fax her something stating we are changing the doctors and she would review. She basically told me over the phone that it looked like I had all the required information submitted. Called the coordinator - she was faxing it that day. That was over a week ago. A couple days ago I called the coordinator and the pre-cert nurse and neither have called me back. I am so close!!! It just is really driving me insane to be this close and nothing is happening! I really want to be wearing a smaller size this summer. At this point, I'm so discouraged.

My surgeons office is the SAME way. Either they are SOOI busy that they should hire more people

Oops. Hit send...

Anyway, hire more or they are just organizationally cripple...

If I don't call or fax or find out things on my own, NOTHING would get done...

It's crazy... But I'm scared of the surgery anyway, so I'm not too bothered... :-)