Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't know how to make this a poll so...

I am wondering how many of you had long term (constant or reaccuring) physical pain from the lap-band in any part of your body? This is aside from the normal healing pains/itching etc.

No pain here either. Other than from working out! Also off of blood medication that I have taken for the last 10 years. Yeah.

Have Had Horrible Shoulder Pain. Anyone Can Give Me Any Suggestions On How To Get Rid Of It I Would Be Greatful.

I Have Pain Where My Port Is Located Sometimes If I Sit For A Long Period Of Time.. I Had Tremendous Shoulder Pain After Surgery, I Thought I Was Having A Heart Attack, It Was Just Gas And Went Away Week 2.

No pain here since the afternoon of surgery. Minor soreness for a week or so, but nothing I would call pain. No pain, other than the needle stick during fills.

Kat

I haven't had any lapband pain whatsoever, apart from the initial healing, which wasn't really pain, more discomfort than anything.

I also have no lapband associated pain.

I have consistent port aches and pains... especially at night if I lay on my back. (It was severe a few months ago when I had to have umbilical hernia surgery. The port pain seemed worse than the hernia pain for some reason at the time.)

I thought the port pain would go away altogether after the hernia fix, but it has not. Some days are worse than others. It's not unbearable, but is a distraction. My doctor checked it all out when he did the hernia surgery and said it was fine, so I just live with it and am grateful for this little device! I think it has something to do with the muscle attachment, it was the worst after my initial surgery last January when I slept in my recliner for 6 weeks because that area really hurt to lay down.

Other than that, no pain unless I overeat or eat too fast!

Minor discomfort for a week after surgery, but good since then.

Since I am at goal now and have lost 201 pounds in the fifteen months post op that I am, I do have a small amount of discomfort when I lay on my stomach where the port is located. This is mainly due to the fact that

my waiste is now 38in. as opposed to the 56in. waist I started with.

I may look into a "low profile" port down the road, but it has been well worth it. No other band related pain.

Life is good!