Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got a fill and curious

Hey just a statement and looking for other input.

I got a fill on Friday the 9th of 1cc.

I felt restriction drinking Water.

I know can guzzle Water with no problem. I haven't started mushy foods yet so I might still have restriction but was just curious about how much I should try to eat my first time after the fill. I know I should take it slow but I usually just put enough on my plate to eat to fill my pouch and no more. Now I don't know how much to give myself. Any suggestions?

I know this has been asked many times before and I am just not listening. LOL!!!!

Donali, where are you.

Try starting with the size of your fist only. I understand we're to eat no more than that at any given time.

Leatha

Penni

I felt restriction with Water after my fill but two days later I could guzzle too but what I found out is when I drink ice ice cold Water I tighten up..strangest thing

As far as how much to eat..you will know when to stop ..atleast I did. I find myself having to take the smallest bites and eat real slow otherwise I feel like I'm backing up and I get that golf ball feeling in my chest like I'm going to PB..mouth starts watering and it's very painful. I've been lucky though no PB so far. My doctor had different post fill instructions then Dr. Billy. I was just on 3 days of liquids then I could go to solids. my first solid meal after my fill was one chicken thigh (skinless) from El Pollo Loco with about 1/4 can of green Beans and I was satisfied. It has been almost 5 weeks since my fill and I can eat more then that now but I have lost 2 pounds a week since my fill for a total of 10 pounds. It's amazing. Just take it slow going the first couple of days on solids. Good Luck

Leatha and Michelle: Thanks bunches. You know after I posted this thread I realized I already knew the answer but it is always nice to have it reinforced.

I just love this board.

Hey has anyone else run into the problem of an allergic reaction after being filled?

If you remember the pics of my belly with the redness and I thought it was rejection of the port well I have a small about a half dollar size right around where he did the injections just like that redness. It is hot to touch and itching and tender. Anyone else experience this? Or am I just the weird cookie here. If it persists or gets worse I am gonna call him. But it just was weird how it came up last night before bed. I think I am allergic to the betadine. Or maybe latex??

Hi Penni,

I hope it is not latex. That is a serious allergy. My allergist has scared me to death about it because I am allergic to bananas, and there seems to be a big carryover to being allergic to latex. I don't think that I am, but she insisted that I have a latex free operating room when I was banded, and my Dr. does not use any gloves (at my request) when doing fills. If your site is hot, it might be an infection; watch it closely! I wish I was as restricted as you. I can eat too much still---at 3ccs!!!

I have been thinking of Donali too! I hope she is well.

How did I miss this post?!?!?! Sorry Penni!

You are well over the first fill hump by now... How's it going? lol :)