Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

one month ago tonight ...

one month ago tonight i was preparing to be banded. oh what a month it has been. i go in for my first fill Monday.

my attitude has completly transformed. before banding, i did not move - at all. i asked my husband to get up and get me a tea, i asked him to do this, do that ... etc... today, you know what i did - i worked out at 24 hour fitness - - TWICE!! yes, i went in the morning and then i went after work. i had my first visit with my personal trainer today, she kicked my @$$ totally!! but obviously i am a glutton for punishment so i went back and went for 37 mins on the treadmill - a personal 'high' for me.

my first day at the gym, i walked for 8 minutes - it darn near killed me, every time i went i increased my time on the treadmill by 2 minutes or more, and here i am - actually wanting to go to the gym. i never ever imagined i would want to work out and at 375 pounds, i never thought i would be able to go for more than 15 mins on a treadmill.

based on advice from, well, everyone - i took pictures before surgery and will take pictures every month. i took pictures tonight.

http://www.losing-jusme.com/pictures/index.cfm

there is also a 'comparison page'

http://www.losing-jusme.com/pictures/compare.html

this is my motivation.

my best wishes for all who have just been banded and those who are about to be banded ... if I can do this, you can too!!!!

Awesome job!!! WTG!!! Keep taking your pictures, they are inspiring both to you and others!! I have 3 pounds to go til my next set of pics, that will be at 75 pounds down. It is still hard to believe!! You have done really well...keep in touch so we can know how you are doing!!!

Kat

Way to go!!!!!!!!! I have not been able to get myself motivated enough to exercise. I have done well with eating so far, but need to get my butt moving. You are a great inspiration. Keep up the good work.

BTW, you daughter is absolutely beautiful.

I can see your progress for sure in your comparison shots. Its stories like yours that convinces me that I am making the right decision. Thanks for sharing!

Girl, you are doing awesome! I can the difference in the pictures, doesn't it feel great?! I found it took me a while to motivate myself to do exercise, but like you, I now feel bad when I miss. It also still amazes me that when I do, I actually feel more energized afterwards as opposed to being exhausted.

thanks gals ... i am just in awe of my mental transformation on working out... whoda thunk it???? ME - exercising?? huh???! (i didnt get to 402 lbs by working out!)

looking at the pictures and seeing the changes has really pushed me to work out even more. i have an aggressive 'first goal' of a total of 60 lbs gone by 08 December. i have another 26 7/8 pounds to go. i think if i continue to work out as much as possible, i could make that goal. :faint:

i do need to get a fill though, i am eating too much .. and getting way too hungry. i do not want to feel like i am depriving myself of anythign and right now, i do because i dont want to eat more...

I'm so proud of you. i can see myself in those pictures and you're looking amazing. that's fantastic and you've inspired me to goto the gym myself. Keep up the great work!!!! Keep in touch!

We're band-day twins!

I was banded the same day as you were. Wow...you have inspired me to take my first set of 'after' pics.

I, too, am amazed at the differences in me already. I am already down 18# and had two different people mention to me today how they are noticing that I am losing weight. My energy levels are amazing. I, too, had my 'runner' bring me everything as I sat in the recliner with my feet up grumbling about how much my knees ached.

I can't wait until December 9th at this rate!