Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed Foods

Hi all,

I am scheduled for surgery on 2/6 and I am trying to get everything (work, home, kids, kitchen) ready. I am good with the stage 1 and 2 foods, the pureed foods however....not appealing at all! What worked for all of you? I have been told that baby food (stage 1, meats) is the easiest to manage. There has got to be a more palatable alternative!

The one puree food that has kept me going is re-fried Beans and salsa.

I used the stage 2 fruits and vegetables for the ease. They are very tolerable. I had done baby food meats with my band and was not impressed. For my sleeve I pureed in my blender what the family had. Much better.

I ate lowfat cottage cheese, fat free refried Beans, cheese sticks, eggs, yogart, and puried bean Soup, etc. I never ate baby food! Supplementing with Protein Shakes, etc., Protein Soups,

I pureed chicken salad and had it with a small bit of cranberry sauce. I did the same with crabmeat added a little egg and seasoning and made some mini crab cakes that were very good too. Puree some chili. I never had baby food, and the time I was actually on purees went pretty quickly.

Good luck!

Great ideas! I mix salsa with forked mashed potato too:)

Try this Ricotta Bake too. That was a very yummy meal for that stage too.

Its from the website theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Baked ricotta

8oz ricotta

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1t. Italian seasoning

1lg egg

Salt and pepper

1/2 cup marinara sauce (I used 1/2 cup sun dried Tomato alfrado sauce

1/2 cup low fat mozzarella cheese

Mix ricotta cheese,parmesan cheese, beaten egg, and seasonings together. Place in oven dish pour sauce over top then top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 450 for 20-25 min. 6 servings 88 cal. 4 fat. 3.3 carbs and 9.2 Protein

Thank you all so much! I was really starting to worry about this stage. The baked ricotta sounds yummy. Now I have some ideas about what to buy to be prepared :)

I didn't puree anything - the idea of just pureeing a "normal" food and eating it is absolutely repulsive to me, as is the idea of eating baby food from a jar. I didn't even feed that stuff to my kids - I made my own.

I did eat soft foods like small curd cottage cheese, ricotta, refried Beans, homemade sorbets, yogurt, etc. I started to realize I had lactose intolerance around this time, too, though, and finished up the very short soft foods stage with things like non-dairy smoothies, mashed bananas, cream of wheat, Beans, etc.

Good luck,

~Cheri

I didn't puree anything - the idea of just pureeing a "normal" food and eating it is absolutely repulsive to me' date=' as is the idea of eating baby food from a jar. I didn't even feed that stuff to my kids - I made my own.

~Cheri[/quote']

Ditto to both comments Cheri!!