Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm. 4 week in and I going down the wrong path?

What do u mean by "regular" foods ..... ?? Give examples of food you are consuming right now. Or do u mean you aren't pureeing?

Depends on what your surgeon advised. Some have patients eating regular food 2 weeks out, others make you wait 4-6 weeks.

Done Did It!

Like I just got gone eaten now I'm good for the whole day I might get a ice pop later on my food Portions are really small.. I still work out everyday And Im still losing the weight I'm 28 pounds down !!

Rice Beans & chicken

Beans and chicken are fine. Just take it easy. I'm not allowed rice for 9 months. You should prob just be sticking to 90-95% Protein at this stage

So I have been eating regular food just Small portion Am I going down the wrong path...

if you are following what the NUT said at 4 weeks, you are doing great

watching your portions - exercising too - way to go!!!!

eating slowly, putting utensil down between bites, chewing thoroughly - i betcha you are doing this too

drinking right, i'm sure????

you ARE on the right path to a heathier, happier you - wonderful new life

28 lbs down!!!!-how great is that!!!

good luck hun

So if your NUT said no rice; you are eating rice. At this point I guess you will decide what you want to do. Are you looking for validation here to say it is okay to eat rice?

I think you should listen to the professionals, of which we are not.

Good Luck

if you are following what the NUT said at 4 weeks, you are doing great

watching your portions - exercising too - way to go!!!!

eating slowly, putting utensil down between bites, chewing thoroughly - i betcha you are doing this too

drinking right, i'm sure????

you ARE on the right path to a heathier, happier you - wonderful new life

28 lbs down!!!!-how great is that!!!

good luck hun

You know I have been reading your post for a while and I thought yo were calling the surgeon a NUT, as in nut case....ROFL....silly me

I thought you were calling the surgeon a NUT, as in nut case....ROFL....silly me

Diva,

A NUT???? what, huh???? :lol:

common mistake :lol:

i did it too when i was first "born" as a sleevee :)

good luck on your pending surgery

speedy recovery :)

So if your NUT said no rice; you are eating rice. At this point I guess you will decide what you want to do. Are you looking for validation here to say it is okay to eat rice?

I think you should listen to the professionals, of which we are not.

Good Luck

miiszsexy

i "think" Amazon meant to nicely say you should listen to what your NUT says, then you won't have any reason to question if you are going on the right path - but its always nice to receive a good luck encouragement, so i'm glad you received that :)

its true none of are professionals, we're just normal, wonderful sleevers like you :)

we give support and advice ,general conversation and good info too, and importantly we are here to support all - especially you Newbies - come on, come on - you know who you are!!!! :)

when there is something more medical/technical involved, we suggest you see your doc/or NUT :)

talk to your NUT about more suggestions to eat - at the beginning, and later too, it can be hard to get a good variety of food in

but, i know you can conquer all- you ARE on that right path - no wrong turns allowed :lol:

watch those road signs :lol: :lol:

eating small portions, exercising, losing 27 lbs Kudos!!!

talking to your NUT is always a good idea for info/reinforcement

good luck :)

IMO, yes, you are headed down the wrong path. Remember the first few months are when you have the most rapid weight loss.

I personally am 8months out & I still do not eat rice, bread, Pasta, potato, or fried foods. White carbs like these are immediatly turned into sugar, not to mention they trigger cravings for more of the like.

IMO' date=' yes, you are headed down the wrong path. Remember the first few months are when you have the most rapid weight loss.

I personally am 8months out & I still do not eat rice, bread, Pasta, potato, or fried foods. White carbs like these are immediatly turned into sugar, not to mention they trigger cravings for more of the like.

[/quote']

Yea I going to chill out with the rice ...