Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS of Massachusetts? Awaiting approval!

I saw my surgeon on Friday 1/25... My BMI is 41 and I have BCBS of Massachusetts they only require a BMI or 40+ or 35 with comorbids. Since I'm a 41 I qualify. My surgeons office sent in my paperwork and I'm awaiting approval. Does anyone on here have the same insurance and if so how long did it take for you to hear something? I'm so excited to have surgery, nervous but excited!! Please someone help me calm my anxiety about getting denied...it's like my worst fear :(

I suppose it depends on what type of coverage you have (HM0/PPO/something else?) but my surgeon had approval the day after they called to check my eligibility.

I had *** Blue and it took less than 10 days to be approved!! Good luck!

Thank you! I feel a little better! I just don't want to have to wait 2 or 3 weeks...I think I'll worry myself to death! Lol!

I saw my surgeon on Friday 1/25... My BMI is 41 and I have BCBS of Massachusetts they only require a BMI or 40+ or 35 with comorbids. Since I'm a 41 I qualify. My surgeons office sent in my paperwork and I'm awaiting approval. Does anyone on here have the same insurance and if so how long did it take for you to hear something? I'm so excited to have surgery' date=' nervous but excited!! Please someone help me calm my anxiety about getting denied...it's like my worst fear :([/quote']

Hey! I also have BCBS MASS and my surgeons office submitted my paperwork on last tues and i was approved friday...3 days later!!! Super easy and surprising. I called them on friday just to make sure they received it and was shocked that it was already approved! Good luck to u!

Any word yet, Emilee?

@unbesleevable- oh thank you so much!! That makes me feel so much better! Did they come back with any extra stuff they wanted you to do?

@stef- nothing yet :( I found out yesterday that the girl at my surgeons office didn't submit the paperwork Friday...I called her yesterday and today and she finally responded and told me that she submitted it today. This is so frustrating...

D'oh! That sucks.

@unbesleevable- oh thank you so much!! That makes me feel so much better! Did they come back with any extra stuff they wanted you to do?

@stef- nothing yet :( I found out yesterday that the girl at my surgeons office didn't submit the paperwork Friday...I called her yesterday and today and she finally responded and told me that she submitted it today. This is so frustrating...

Dont get frustrated! No i didnt have to do anything...approved the first go around...call BCBS yourself if u dont hear anything by thurs....im sure you will have the same outcome as me and be on to the next phase...pre op and surgery!

Omg!! I think the waiting is really going to kill me! I called BCBS today and they don't show anything...she said she can't even verify that anything was received from the dr. I think I may explode. Lol!!

Ok! So I just talked to BCBS and they said my precert is pending. That's defiantly different news from yesterday when they didn't show anything at all. So my question is... Should I call back later today or what until Monday. I think I may worry myself to death over the weekend...but I don't wanna annoy BCBS. What does everyone suggest!!??

Sorry wait not what... Dang iPhone thinks its smarter. Lol

Ok! So I just talked to BCBS and they said my precert is pending. That's defiantly different news from yesterday when they didn't show anything at all. So my question is... Should I call back later today or what until Monday. I think I may worry myself to death over the weekend...but I don't wanna annoy BCBS. What does everyone suggest!!??

Hey Emilee,

Sorry to hear u are still waiting...my best advice is to wait until Monday since yesterday they didn't have it and today its pending. Seems ur surgeons office may have not sent it in when they said. So I would prob just wait till Monday...know that's not gonna help with the waiting but just think in three short days you will know hopefully. We all know how fast the weekend goes by...lol. Keep us posted...sending positive vibes your way! :-)