Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frozen green smoothies

I've been wanting to do these for a long time, I go to Jamba juice often and their smoothies are perfect and fresh but really expensive to do on a daily basis. I want to make them at home so I am wondering what kind of blender I would need. I've heard of VitaMix, Blendtec, Ninja, the one Montell Williams has on his infomercial(heard bad things about it). The regular ones like Hamilton Beach just aren't powerful enough. I think I'd need like 2 HP or something like that to pulverize the ice.

The VitaMix and Blendtec are out of my price range but I really want one, are there any that make pro quality frozen smoothies out there that are cheaper? I hear mixed reviews on the ninjas but they are under 150 for the 1100 and 1200 models which are 2 HP I think.

Any suggestions would be great!

i looooooooooove my lil oster blender !!!!u put everything in your sport bottle, put the blade on, turn it upside down, twist and 2 secs later u have your smoothie. .......unscrew the blade and put the spout on ! dont get any easier than that !!!!I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE mine !!!!i got it at target and paid 30 bucks !......plus u can buy more sport bottles as well ..8.00

i looooooooooove my lil oster blender !!!!u put everything in your sport bottle, put the blade on, turn it upside down, twist and 2 secs later u have your smoothie. .......unscrew the blade and put the spout on ! dont get any easier than that !!!!I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE mine !!!!i got it at target and paid 30 bucks !......plus u can buy more sport bottles as well ..8.00

Oh yeah, I've heard about those too. That's a nice price, does it work with ice too?

I have a vitamix and that thing would blend up a bumper. The ninja has mixed reviews online but on this website I've heard 2 or 3 people say it works great. Never heard anyone hear say it did not. I make a green Protein smoothie everyday.

I have a vitamix and that thing would blend up a bumper. The ninja has mixed reviews online but on this website I've heard 2 or 3 people say it works great. Never heard anyone hear say it did not. I make a green Protein smoothie everyday.

Do you use it as a meal or a snack?

I got my VitaMix on craigslist. Totally love it. Made the best green smoothie ever this weekend. :)

Meal. Mine is 160 calories for 12 oz. 15 G Protein and 21 g carbs....all complex low GI carbs.

What do you put in your green soothe? Sounds yummy:)

What do you put in your green soothe? Sounds yummy:)

Since you and quite a few others have asked me, I just put it in my sig. I wouldn't drink it regularly if you're newly sleeved because A....some people don't tolerate all the greens and B....you need to focus more on Protein. But once you get past the point of struggling to get in your protein, then I say go for it. I have never felt better or more regular.

I actually just left Jamba juice and the guy told me they used vitamix blenders, probably higher powered ones because he said they cost $800 but that's good to know.

Since you and quite a few others have asked me, I just put it in my sig. I wouldn't drink it regularly if you're newly sleeved because A....some people don't tolerate all the greens and B....you need to focus more on Protein. But once you get past the point of struggling to get in your protein, then I say go for it. I have never felt better or more regular.

Nice, I won't be sleeved for months so ill be trying these out.

I have a Ninja and I love it, I use it all the time. I love green smoothies, too! My husband and kids even drink them.

Oh yeah, I've heard about those too. That's a nice price, does it work with ice too?

it sure does !!!! i love love love it !!! it crushes ice in 2 seconds !!!i was surprised at how powerful it is and being blended int0o a tall shaker bottle would it blend very thoroughly???the answer is yes !!! My fiance and i use it on a daily basis......so if you are a cheapass like me ...lol....dont spend 800.00 on one when a 30.00 one will do the same thing !!!