Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No wieght loss in 3 days

Hi-I am so glad to meet someone with a very similar experience and same surgery date...thanks for responding. I started searching for online support groups because yesterday was so hard. I am having food cravings- are you? This 2 week liquid diet is something else. But Wed they say I can add in strained cream soups' date=' egg drop Soups and in a few days LF Cottage cheese. I too just tried a brief walk and it went better than I thought. I am still very sore on my left side. But each day is better than the last. The scale I think reflects success to so many of us who have been tied to our weight for years. So I think that is why so many people get stuck on the number, or at least it is why I do. I am praying for progress in the AM. Thanks for responding.[/quote']

I am not sure if I am have cravings or head game cravings. I think would lemon pepper wings sound good but I'm not hungry. I think I miss the social part of eating wings for lunch with my girl friends. I just move my mind on to being skinny and drink more fluids. My family just made yummy looking sandwiches for lunch but it doesn't even phase me.

I was moved to full liquids 3 days out. Each dr is different. I have been fine on basically anything fat free cream. I have just been moved to puréed foods and that seems to be going well.

I agree on that dang scale and "the number". I just stay positive and look at the future of this.

Thanks for your reply. My Dr warned me of the "head hunger" which is what I think is happening. One day at a time...thanks again

I am also 17 days out! (Sleeve buddies) I have lost 19# but have hit a 3 day stall. I have read that it is very normal but still very frustrating. I have family asking everyday' date=' "how much did you loose today?" It is frustrating. I trying to drink more fluids today and I am going for a walk with my daughter in a little bit. I am thinking of putting my scale away and weighing once a week. Not sure this will happen.[/quote']

Ohhhh I so know the frustration you speak of!!! I was in a ONE POUND stall for two weeks. The last pound that I needed to lose to meet my surgery weight goal. I was so beside myself... And then it just disappeared. Idk.. Our bodies have a mind if their own.

There is no such thing as a 3 day stall. A stall is weeks and weeks. The sad fact is most of us lose anywhere from 10-20 pounds right away....and it's not even fat...not one ounce. It's Water and glycogen. The fat is going to come off very slowly and stubbornly. There is nothing you need to do other than be patient. It will take time.

Butterthebean is right. It's not really considered a stall until you're three weeks at one weight.

And please, put your scale away. You will drop the largest portion of weight in the first four to six months, but weighing daily will make you bonkers. I'm speaking from experience - my own, and a couple years of reading about it on the boards here. :)

In the beginning, weigh every few days or once a week. You'll see better results and won't be driven batty by the small daily ups and downs that are perfectly normal. In maintenance, it's important to weigh daily to stay accountable, but early on it only makes you frustrated.

It's not a race. The restrictive diet you're on and the major surgery you're recuperating from have you wanting instant gratification but it doesn't work that way. Slow and steady, and a heavy dose of patience, are the way to go here.

Good luck, and congrats on your new sleeve,

~Cheri

Butterthebean and Cheri, thank you!! I needed to hear this. I am putting the scale away and only weighing once a week. I know the weight will come off by how little I am taking in. I use the myfitnesspal app, so I know that I am getting all that I am suppose to get in per my dr. Now I will put the scale away and let my sleeve work!

Thank you

Yes I am dealing with the same thing. I'm 19 days out from surgery. I was 231 before surgery and on day 14 I was at 221, now 5 days later I'm still at 221. I read all the post about stalls and how it's normal. one thing that's hard for me is I'm afraid that everyone expects me to lose 30 or 40 pounds the first month and at my size that's just not going to happen. there can be a lot of stress from "expectations".