Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry weird question but..

I'm drinking Kombucha with chia seeds. Prune juice didnt make the magic happen

I'm drinking Kombucha with chia seeds. Prune juice didnt make the magic happen

I'd never heard of kombucha. Just looked it up. Looks interesting.

With the chia seeds, do thay have to be split / broken so you don't just pass them whole?

I've read that they should be chewed up so that thy are not passed whole. I chewed them and swallowed whole. Hopefully I'll have some movement soon

I take a generic form of benefiber once a day. Even before surgery I had Constipation issues, have my whole life so I'm terrified of that happening now that I'm post op. I take my Fiber daily, and a chewable probiotic (it tastes awful, I need to switch brands.) I go almost daily, and the days I miss my fiber, I can tell. If you're constipated at the moment my surgeon recommends Miralax or smoothe move tea. It's made from Senna, you can get it at any health food store and even Walmart in the aisle with the tea.

The fiber helps me, it did take a few days to make a difference, but since then...things move fine.

Good luck to you!

I use the generic target brand of Fiber gummies. I think it was $8 for 90gummies.

I did Miralax until about nine/ten months post op and it helped immensely. I've already had...erm...issues in the past and didn't want to cause a new problem due to the irregularity. Every other day I'd do some Miralax in my morning drink and I was fine.

After that point, I started incorporating more grains and fibrous veggies and that took care of the problem naturally.

You don't want to rely on any OTC remedy for too long, but from everything I've read and from what my own doc told me, the Miralax (and generic) are safe and won't cause an issue.

And if you like them, prunes (or the aforementioned prune juice) work, too. In fact, if you have a Vitamix or similar, any juice made with fruit or veggies with peels will take care of the issue for you, too.

~Cheri

How frequently do you have bowel movements? I have them every couple of days sometimes longer and I wondered if this was normal or if I have a Fiber problem. Any advice would be great

Slim Fast works like a charm for me. Try it!

I used to try warm prunes, now I'm doing maralax, no results yet. Kills me to pay all that money just to poop it away. Lol

At almost four weeks post op my surgeon said I could have a cup of regular coffee. No problem since then.

Has anyone tried drinking barley Water?