Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss since surgery

I had surgery on 1/14/13. I lost 15 lbs on the medifast pre op diet. I lost 5lbs the day of surgery and no weight loss since. So I have lost a total of 20 lbs but none since the day after surgery. I am eating 60 g of

Protein a day and drinking 48 oz of Fluid a day. Is this normal? Starting to feel discouraged:) :unsure:

yes it is.. give your body a moment to adjust... its a huge thing you just did.. and its like still in shock over it.. trust me it will start coming off.. just keep up the Protein and keep up the fluids.. and in no time you well see a difference.. just remember to also walk walk walk.. that helps with pain too.. and will make you feel better.. good luck and keep us posted here.. dont get discouraged.. it will happen.. and dont let the scale rule you.. I dont ever weigh until I go to the doctor.. then im like so totally suprised and happy.. .. maybe if you just weighed once a week. or just waited til the doctor appt..

Thanks for the advice. Will ask the hubby to hide the scale:)

Don't worry. I had surgery Jan. 10. My first dr. apt was a week later and I hadn't lost one pound!! Now, after two weeks I am down 20 lbs!! So, just know, it will come off. I also stopped weighing myself every day. It can be obsessing! I waited four days! It was down 13lbs. So hang in there! It's exciting!!! :-)

I also was sleeved on the 10th of January. I actually had gained a few pounds when I got home from the hospital. My 10 day follow up I had lost a total of 18#...7 of that was from my pre op diet. I am trying not to weigh myself everyday but I can tell in my clothes. My surgeons office said that when the weight starts coming off it means that you body has adjusted. Give your body alittle time. It will comeoff!

I lost no weight the first week and lost 20 by the end of week 2!

You will be fine! I lost only one pound this week and we are in it together. ! Same dates same doctor. Don't worry. :). Rob his my scale. Gives it to me once a week!

I think I was mentally prepared for slow weight loss after surgery but no weight loss had me stomped:). Thanks Everyone!!!!

I am post op day 17 and I have not lost any weight. NOT even 1 pound. This morning I am tearful and I feel like I have made a big mistake by having this surgery. I am so disappointed.

Contact your doctor and ask to be seen to get your questions and concerns answered. It will help you mentally as well as make sure everything is OK physically.

I am post op day 17 and I have not lost any weight. NOT even 1 pound. This morning I am tearful and I feel like I have made a big mistake by having this surgery. I am so disappointed.

Are you losing inches anywhere? How's your calorie intake? Hang in there...i noticed that if take too little calories then the scale doesn't move either. Drink your Water and experiment with calories. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

I also had surgery on the 14th. I lost 14 pounds since surgery but now have stalled for 5 days. I know they say it will come off but I want to see it now :). I am sure u will see some pounds dropping soon.

I spoke with my dietican and it appears I am doing everything right. She told me to focus on the behaviors and not to panic. No change on the scale but I can see a difference in my clothes. I have lost 4 inches from waist and 3 inches from hips.