Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 day post op how mich luquid?

I'm 2 days post op & I'm having trouble getting in all of my Water & Protein. I'm drinking the 20 oz Isopure with 40 grams of protein & I have drank a 16.9 oz bottle of water. My body wants to sleep, but I can't hydrate while sleeping. Which is more important at this point water or protein. Is this normal?

I was just sleeved on 1/18 and I am no Doc, but I would focus on staying hydrated over Protein at this point. It sounds like you are doing great. Oh, your body needs sleep too. ;-)

Hi,

I struggled the first day but eventually your stomach will adapt. I had surgery on 1/21 and tommorrow will be my last day doing this clear liquid. Try sipping every 5 min that is what I have been doing. It works and the Isopure Protein drink is gross I put it in the freezer.

Don't worry about the Protein this week. Hydrate, sleep, heal. You won't have a lot of energy, that is normal.

At week 2 start trying to get protein in but don't get too worried if you can't. I am week 3 and can get all protein, Water, and have energy. It's a process :)

I'm 4 days post op so I am having the same issue...I have been trying to get as much Water as possible and sleep.....I have my post op visit tomorrow...hoping all is normal and ok.

I'll just tell you what my doctor told me because we had surgery the same day and I am also on my second day. He told me not to worry about Protein for the first three days, that staying hydrated was the all important thing, and I, like you, have been wanting to rest a lot.

I have not been taking ANY Protein and will not start back with that intil my 4th day post op because those are my instructions. I am constantly sipping Water and tea, and a little juice while I am up. What I am finding is that today I got in more than yesterday, and I'm sure tomorrow I will be able to drink more than today. I'm not stressing about it, my kidneys are still working, I am still urinating, and my coloring is fine.

today I got maybe 50 ounces and that was just from sipping while I was up, but I am not afraid to go take my pain medicine and go lay down either. Actually I am semi-reclining in a nice big chair because that is more comfortable for me than laying flat but you get the idea. I am not sleeping for long periods of time, I get up about every 2-3 hours and walk to the kitchen and make a cup of tea, and bring it back to my desk and sip on it. Thats how my days are going right now.