Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Belly loose going down to private area?

Does anybody know if they have major problems wen you lose alot of weight with your belly dangling down to your private area?

Depends upon how much skin you are talking about ...

What is your BMI?

If it is too severe, your insurance will most likely pay for a panniculectomy as it would be needed for health reasons.

My BMI is 51.8 I am 21 and weigh 185kg (407lbs) ad my height is 189cm and I live in Australia so idk what happens with that here i think they consider tummy tucks and stuff cosmetic here i had to pay 4,000 of the surgery costs here and the rest medicare pays for i think thats Australian health insurance. What you think? U reckon i will bounce back? I was 110kg 5 years ago and thats my goal weight :)

I think age and if you've had children will also affect the outcome. Why worry now, concentrate. On losing first and giving your skin enough time to bounce back.

I don't think he's had children :)

But you do look young so your skin will stand a good chance if bouncing back !

Haha yeah i havent had kids lol :P im a male haha I am pretty sure I cant haha. But yeah I need to do that my op is Feb 19th nervous >_<

I don't think he's had children :)

But you do look young so your skin will stand a good chance if bouncing back !

Thanks for the re assurance (:

I worried about that too pre surgery (loose skin)

But I'm a lot older than you!

I decided I will cross that bridge when I come to it!

Age and the length of time being obese are factors in loose skin. You have both working in your favor. Your elasticity will be far greater than us old farts who were obese for many years.

Haha yeah i havent had kids lol :P im a male haha I am pretty sure I cant haha. But yeah I need to do that my op is Feb 19th nervous >_<

Oooops so sorry Tyson, not thinking right today:)

Oooops so sorry Tyson' date=' not thinking right today:)[/quote']

Haha all good, mostly worried about the actual op at

The moment having troubles sleeping thinking about it :/

My only regret was going so long in life being obese... You will bounce back much better at age 21 and oh my gosh your life will become so much easier!!! No worries! I'm actually very jealous of you young people :) smart decision

I agree, you have age on your side. Try not to get too down if you have some initially. My guess it will bounce back (tighten up) a lot sooner than for us "old farts" like Pdxman said. :P

My BMI is 51.8 I am 21 and weigh 185kg (407lbs) ad my height is 189cm and I live in Australia so idk what happens with that here i think they consider tummy tucks and stuff cosmetic here i had to pay 4' date='000 of the surgery costs here and the rest medicare pays for i think thats Australian health insurance. What you think? U reckon i will bounce back? I was 110kg 5 years ago and thats my goal weight :)[/quote']

You are young with probably plenty of elasticity left . If you work out often with your weight loss I reckon you should bounce back pretty well.If the loose skin causes medical issues ie rashes,sores etc I would think that it would still be covered with Australian insurance or maybe since you are young you may be able to pull from your Super and build it back up? I will be back in OZ for 3 years at the end of the year and will be working so I will take my Super Money out when I leave and I may be using it for plastics:)

Ok :) I'm curious hehe

What is super money and how do I get it :P