Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain- Fill site

Hi, I am new here I have had the lap-band 1yr. I am wondering if anyone has pain at the site where the port is located. I experience an almost constant aching, but then there are times it is very painful. Mentioned to MD, said it was normal for some people. Does anyone else have anything like this.? Thank you in advance for any inf you might have. It really gets tedious after awhile. so it would be nice to know.. that yep, just something I have to live with or that it is unusual. forreste

Well Forreste, I think we can just live with it or have it replaced. I am 16 months out and at my goal weight and I experience pain in my port area most days. It's usually bareable so I don't worry with it but on those days that it's not, I am bent over a little and holding that area. It's really amazing but for me a port replacement is not an option. I will deal with it for now.

Even when I get fills and unfills they hurt because there is no more "fat pouches" around that area. I guess that's what was keeping the pain away.

I have pains with my port area as well. I think it is because mine port is attached to the muscle accordding to my doctor. You can do normal things but you have to be careful not to pull that muscle..maybe you can back off a little if you exercise daily like set ups etc. I found swiming can make it hurt too. So, I swim a little and rest. I try not to pick up heavy things not only because of the port but because of the back as well. Did your doctor attach yours to your muscle?

Stitching the port into muscle is standard operating procedure, from everything I was told. I saw where mine was at, but it has yet to cause pain. Then again I still have pretty good fat reserves around it...dangit!!

Kat

Thank you everyone for answering me. Sometimes when the pain is very present it does cause me to worry, so it is good to know this can happen

Natural Beauty- oh i can not imagine having it repaced- cost wise. I am up to there in bills as it is. Guess I will be "living with it" It does hurt so sometimes, and I do catch myself holding, masaging etc. Does not help. When I have had fills it didn`t specifically hurt there, still had the generalized area pain at site. Thank you for the info

Cindy 110, yes I believe they are all attached to muscle, I do as you said and try to go easy. Maybe I should try and be more self-aware, I could be causing my own prob. I do lift things, bending over frequently. I will have to see. Thank you for helping. I felt quite alone with this problem

Kat 817- hhhmmm fat reserves still plenty and then some:cry in this department. i fell and had to take a break from my main exercise (indoor bike) too hard on hurt knees. So weight has not been coming off as much. Ready now to get back on and start routine again. I was doing well until summer, then the falling down. Just don`t bounce like I used to.!!! Thank you for helping with some more insight to this problem. Hate to think it is going to hurt more! as I lose more.

forreste