Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a few questions...10days po, still feeling nauseous and really tired

but able to get in 64oz most days. I focus on getting the fluids in, if I get in one or two Protein drinks (30g Protein each) then great, but I always manage at least one a day.

I can not get Vitamins and Calcium in. I am averaging only one each every day. They taste sooooo awful that I gag and feel like vomitting after I take them. I am currently using the Celebrate orange Calcium and strawberry/pineapple or orange Vitamins. There must be something else that is not as gagworthy? Please, a chewable bariatric Vitamin? Any one know.

Also, could the tired be from not getting enough protein and vitamins? I'm assuming it is. Is nausea still common at this stage?

Also, getting pulling and stretching pain (more discomfort than pain) around the incision where my port used to be and another spot about 3 inches to the left of that, but there is no incision in that spot. Also, the area where my port used to be sometimes gets hard and bloated after drinking? It doesn't hurt or anything, but I have no idea if this is normal.

Other than the above, I feel good. I am seeing my dr on Wednesday and will ask him all of the same questions, but wondering if anyone had any insight in the meantime.

Thanks

I use the opurity chewable Multivitamin which is only one a day. I also use the Opurity calcium citrate. I take 4 a day. Two at 'lunch' and two at 'dinner.' I really dreaded the Calcium citrate tablets but was pleasantly surprised by the taste. There are also calcium citrate crystals that you can add to your food and drink. They dissolve and are tasteless. I am not sure of the brand. I think it may be Bariatric Advantage. Good luck on your journey!

lack of Protein can make you feel sluggish. If you aren't getting enough, then it is possible that could be the issue. Getting down the Vitamins is a concern. I get a chewable Gummy multi Vitamin at costco and have not problems with them. I don't do the chewable Calcium, but will probably switch over to the chewables as soon as use up the bottle that I have.

I did have some pain from the drain port over to the bottom of the last incision. It was in a strange spot as yours was. I asked the PA about that and she said that it was normal, as the drain went all the way across the abdomen. It went away about 2 weeks post op.

but able to get in 64oz most days. I focus on getting the fluids in, if I get in one or two Protein drinks (30g Protein each) then great, but I always manage at least one a day.

I can not get Vitamins and Calcium in. I am averaging only one each every day. They taste sooooo awful that I gag and feel like vomitting after I take them. I am currently using the Celebrate orange calcium and strawberry/pineapple or orange Vitamins. There must be something else that is not as gagworthy? Please, a chewable bariatric Vitamin? Any one know.

Also, could the tired be from not getting enough protein and vitamins? I'm assuming it is. Is nausea still common at this stage?

Also, getting pulling and stretching pain (more discomfort than pain) around the incision where my port used to be and another spot about 3 inches to the left of that, but there is no incision in that spot. Also, the area where my port used to be sometimes gets hard and bloated after drinking? It doesn't hurt or anything, but I have no idea if this is normal.

Other than the above, I feel good. I am seeing my dr on Wednesday and will ask him all of the same questions, but wondering if anyone had any insight in the meantime.

Thanks

I use the flinstone complete chewables for my multi, and the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews (chocolate is my fave). Nausea is still common at this stage, I still get it too sometimes when I drink too fast, or with vitamins etc...I've heard that part gets better with time...

My surgeon didn't have me start Vitamins until I started pureed food at 2 weeks, but each dr is different. Anyhow, he told me I could use Centrum Silver chewable instead of the more expensive bariatric vitamins, I also take 2 chewable Calcium citrates, and an Iron supplement. Some tiredness is perfectly natural at this stage but your Protein levels help to alleviate that greatly. Good Luck.

Hi...I am eleven days post op and my endergy level has picked up a little each day. Protein and fluids....I got a chewable Calcium at the GNC store that is easy to take (three a day) and us a childrens multi vitamin..chewable. These two I can handle. Good luck and hope you are feeling better soon.

I am one week post op today. I have not had any nausea till I took my chewable vitamins this morning. I took them about an hour after my shake if this continues I will not be able to take them! Yuk. I hate feeling sick my pain level has been very little, haven't taken pain meds since my first day home. I do have some pain in my left lower back and my left side , maybe still gas? No pain while sitting only when I'm walking around the house

but able to get in 64oz most days. I focus on getting the fluids in' date=' if I get in one or two Protein drinks (30g Protein each) then great, but I always manage at least one a day.

I can not get Vitamins and Calcium in. I am averaging only one each every day. They taste sooooo awful that I gag and feel like vomitting after I take them. I am currently using the Celebrate orange calcium and strawberry/pineapple or orange Vitamins. There must be something else that is not as gagworthy? Please, a chewable bariatric Vitamin? Any one know.

Thanks[/quote']

I am using Biatrics brand and it taste good a lot of flavors.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had that same pain and someone here mentioned that it's muscular... Likely stretched muscles, etc. it went away around week three, and only came back once after I painted my daughter's ceiling. It hurt, so I slacked the next day, drank lots of Water and made everyone else bend over to pick up stuff I dropped LOL! It'll get better, promise. Good luck!