Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UHC and Dr. Spiegel

I went to the seminar with Dr. Spiegel on Oct 24,2006. They submitted my information and after me calling the insurance company I found out that I had been approved and that they had mailed out my letter on Nov. 1,2006. But I found out from UHC that they submitted for me to have my surgery at United General Hospital but there is one problem that is out of network for me, and I know that he does the surgery at Twelve Oaks. SO I called the Dr. office and I was told that is where he wants me to have my surgey at but then I told the lady that it was out of network for me and I wanted to know if I can have it done at Twelve Oaks and she told me that she would have to wait until the doctor came in to see what he says. Is there any reason why I should not be able to have my surgery at Twelve Oaks if it is in network for me and he does the surgery there.

Please :help: I am hoping to get this surgery done before the end of the year.

Mine was at the Surgicenter. That's where he does his routine lapbands. He uses Twelve Oaks for those where he thinks there will be complications, like fixing an erroded or replacing a band. I've never heard of United General so you must not be in Houston?

My fault I meant University General Hospital and it is off of Fannin in Houston, and I got everything settled today. I called the hospital and spoke with someone in the admissions office and she said that they will honor my in networts benifits and I will only have to pay them according to my in network benefits ductable and it will be covered 100%. I am so glad I got it all straight now I am just waiting on my approval letter in the mail and was told time I get it fax it over and they will schedule my surgery.

I'm still confused. I haven't heard of that hospital and I'm now curious. I didn't know Spiegel operated anywhere but the Surgicenter and Twelve Oaks. Is there a reason why University General? I liked the surgicenter because everyone there was lapband and it was day surgery. Is yours?

If you go to his website he has the hospital listed as one of the places where he does the procedure. I am using my insurance and they require that I stay over night so I will be staying over night.

At my Spiegel seminar in August, he announced that University General Hospital was a new facility being built in Houston for Lap Band surgery. I imagine it will replace the Physicians SurgiCenter on Main. I had my surgery at 12 Oaks in September and went home the same day.

Cost was the same at Physician's SurgiCenter as 12 Oaks, but the fills at PSC are $150 each since I didn;t have my surgery performed there. A small price to pay in the grander scheme of 100-150 lbs weight loss, but annoying none the less.

Thanks for the information. I had heard that Garth Davis was building a facility so now I wonder if they have joined forces. Interesting. I like the surgicenter. Everyone is really nice there. If Spiegel drops out of the surgicenter I guess I'll be moving over to the hospital for fills. I hope he does both.

From what I understand UNIVERSITY GENERAL HOSPITAL will honor your IN NETWORK benefits. I would recommend EVERYONE I speak to to use UGH instead of 12 Oaks. It's a NEWER facility, cleaner & a State of the Art facility.The people are more professional in My opinion & it's like the Ritz Carlton of Hospitals. Visit their website @ www.universitygeneralhospital.com

WOW what a hospital. Makes me want to go get my band again. :) My PCP had told me that Garth Davis wanted her to join them in that endeavor. I didn't understand since she is a GP, but now I see what they've done. Good luck to all of you going to that facility. It looks really nice.

I think they will still practice out of the surgicenter since I didn't see the other owner physicians at the new one.

Thank you everyone for there support. I have a date I will be banded Nov.15 next week by Dr. Spiegel at the University General Hospital.:clap2: