Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am amazed at the changes in my body in just 10 days! Ive lost 16 pounds since surgery!

I had to come back to the pre-op and let you all know who have not had the surgery yet that my experience has been amazing.

I get all my Protein and Water in but it takes all day. I have seen a transformation everyday . I wake up and I don't just feel lighter I am, Four and a half pounds last night alone. Yes this is a serious surgery and Yes relearning to eat such same amounts is difficult and Yes it is extreme and finally YES it is a lifetime change you have to be committed to but changing day by day so quickly is a transformation and for me has been so worth it. I just wanted to tell you all that. Also I haven't felt hunger once and food doesn't have a hold of me like it use to. I don't think about it and food commercials and people eating around me doesn't bother me. It is a real miracle.

weight.png

Wow that's amazing!! How was the surgery itself? How about recovery the first few days?

Well surgery went great I was awake I told the people in the OR I was scared and they said that was normal then I went under when I woke up I felt no pain and I slept.You don't eat or drink for one to two days just IV liquids. Anyway it feels like a sore stomach like you had a kick to the stomach but not terribly painful and your on Meds just really sore. Iwas really nausea and I took pain pills and slept the whole first day but I did get up and walk a few feet. It turned out I was having a side effect of morphine so they changed my. pain killer and the nausea went away and I felt good.The second day I walked around all over the place and then I went home the next morning. It wasn't as bad as I imagined . I laid there in recovery and thought OH MY GOD I DID IT!! all my fears were gone I had made sure before surgery it was a wise decision for me so I just smiled!! I DID IT!! My boyfriend said to me" let the transformation begin" and that is what happened. Now you do have to go gingerly. I still haven't found that full feeling yet I eat or drink too much and feel full to my throat so I'm re-learning how to eat and drink small. expect a lot of time and energy spent learning how your sleeve acts, wants, and feels but I am so happy I did this! Also if I didn't have bariatric hot chocolate and Soups like beef and chicken bouillon and cream of chicken Soup this would have been much more difficult. I have a large variety of foods I bought, shakes,puddings,soups, Hot drinks etc each one has 15 Protein and is one quarter of my daily Protein.< /p>

weight.png

I've had two c-section, both with morphine, and vomited both times. Maybe I can tell them from the beginning so they can use something else? My biggest fear is nausea/vomiting.. it's kind of a phobia :/

Just tell them right away that you want a pain med other than morphine. I also had a reaction similar to that for one surgery when I was given morphine and I always tell them beforehand I want a different medication. I've never had a reaction to anything else-just morphine!

Which bariatric hot chocolate and Soup did you get? Congrats on the surgery. I am having mine on Wednesday. So nervous but excited too!!

I always throw up after surgery but I didn't this time. I was put on dilauted (sp?) for pain after morphine.

I have found lots of online foods for bariatric foods. I bought from Doctors Choice weight loss and Bariatric food source and Bariatrics Choice. All have good stuff a lot of it is the same in different boxes! My favorite Soups are by BariWise and all the cocoa is similar. I went to each site and bought the minimum order and asked Bariatric Choice for a new person discount which was 10$ off AND with every order from anywhere I asked for three free samples and they gave them to me. I found in different websites but mostly Doctors choice that they have excellent sample packs of drinks, hot cocoa , soups, puddings etc. That is what I recommend because I love some stuff and HATE others and some just don't go down right.Your taste buds are different too at least mine are. I loved Atkins shakes now they taste like chemicals and sugar free stuff tastes like real sugar...weird huh? Anyway sampling is the way to go.

weight.png