Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me again.

I just checked out a site someone on this board..(not canadian area) posted.

I put in my weight and age to get my ibm and to was told that I do not qualify at this time..

Is there a specific weight one must weight for the surgery??

Sue

I think if your bmi is over 30 with my doc (obesitysurgery.ca) you can be banded.

Hope this helps :thankyou:

Me again.

I just checked out a site someone on this board..(not canadian area) posted.

I put in my weight and age to get my ibm and to was told that I do not qualify at this time..

Is there a specific weight one must weight for the surgery??

Sue

Oh, I did that too and I was told I didn't qualify but I had no trouble getting banded at the Toronto Lap Band Centre. The thing is that I am overweight and was lookin' at getting fatter and fatter as I got older if I didn't get banded. The TLBC recognized this.

hey Everyone The Count Down Is On, I Met With My Family Dr. Today And He Was So Supportive Of My Decision, So That Made Me Feel Even That Much Better...have I Told You All Im So Excited....is There Anything I Should Not Forget To Take To Toronto With Me..bye For Now

hey Everyone The Count Down Is On, I Met With My Family Dr. Today And He Was So Supportive Of My Decision, So That Made Me Feel Even That Much Better...have I Told You All Im So Excited....is There Anything I Should Not Forget To Take To Toronto With Me..bye For Now

Your debit or credit card. The consultation fee is $200.00 non refundable. I had to bring a filled out questionnaire, part of the questionnaire was a list of questions you might have. I found that part very useful. I hate leaving the Dr's office only to say, I wish I would have asked this or that.

Good luck.

Do you have to GO there for your consultation?

Wheezy, you're pretty far away, you had to go for the consult? I had mine done by phone.

Oh yeah, Khrissy... you're going with the TLBC... nevermind! You must have already had your consult, if your surgery is Nov 30? You need to start a "Khrissy's Kanadian Koolness" thread for yourself!

I would say... don't forget... hmm... how far away are you coming from? I didn't NEED anything... lots of people say to bring a hot Water bottle, or heating pad. I didn't need that. I survived without it. If you're staying in a hotel, make sure you have some comfy clothes to lounge around in (and same even if you're going right home).. nothing too tight that might rub your incisions.

Do you have to GO there for your consultation?

Wheezy, you're pretty far away, you had to go for the consult? I had mine done by phone.

I actually went there for the consultation. I believe that when I read the info on the web site, the phone consultations were done for out of province clients. I'm almost out of province (live very close to the Quebec border) and would have liked to avoid the drive but I'm glad I met the surgeon and saw the clinic beforehand. I was not impressed by the clinic but was by the surgeon. I think that if the first time I saw the clinic, the day of my surgery, I might have ran the other way. I think that the new clinic building will certainly give a better presentation for the paying customer. I think you know what I mean. Maria actually gave me some of the details of the pre-op diet in the waiting room while there were several people in the waiting room. It's a good thing that I was not from Mississauga because the confidentiality sucked!!!

yes, yes, I agree... I've never seen the TLBC, but it sounds nice. And I can see someone running the other way when they saw 'our' clinic. Trust me, I thought 'what the HELL!?" when I walked in. It just doesn't LOOK like a place that should be doing surgery... accounting, maybe... surgery, no. Not that it's dirty... it's just, not a doctors office/weight loss center/plastic surgery clinic. The new building will be VERY good for them, I'm sure.

LOL, I felt the same way. If it wasnt for Dr. C and his super personality I was gonna be outta there!!

They told me yesterday they will be opening the new office the first of January . Everyone will be getting some type of newsletter to let them know, and maybe some type of an open house.

strictlyred: from what I've seen (at TLBC, anyways) the BMI doesn't matter so much. It is other factors that they also consider. Don't forget that in Canada they are private clinics that are doing it...you know what THAT means.... profit profit profit....they WANT to band you.

Khrissy: comfy clothes for sure and pillow/blanky for trip home....I also had a little sippy cup for my trip home with some apple juice in it (mixed with water). The sippy cup stopped me from guzzlin'. (I had a 2 hr trip home).