Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texas Gastric Sleeve Surgeons

Hi I'm from SETX and I'm looking around at different surgeons. I'd like to use one from Beaumont but wiling to go to Houston.

List of Bmt/Houston surgeons & prices?

Advice wanted! Thanks!

Dr. Sherman Yu. He is the best. Do a search on youtube for him. He is at TLC in Houston. I wouldn't go with anyone else. He did mine and I have had no complications like others get.

My surgeon is in South Houston (Kema) - Dr Audencio Alanis. The nearest hospitals my insurance have on their approved list are in Houston. I chose him because of all the great reviews I found online and because he is located outside of the main Houston area. My co-pay for his service was 20% or about $2000. He does take credit cards, but does not offer financing.

I have been very happy with the way Dr. Alanis and his staff have treated me. www. dralanis.com

Between Beaumont vs Houston, I would go to a Houston surgeon without question. There are several very qualified bariatric surgeons here (in Houston). I don't know prices though.

I used Dr. Richard Collier (in Conroe) and he was fantastic. His cost was $12,000 cash patient. I chose him because he was also in network with my insurance company. My insurance doesn't cover bariatric surgery at all, but does cover complications if they arise, so I wanted an in network surgeon. I ended up having a suprise hernia and had to stay an extra day in the hospital. I wasn't charged anything extra. He takes cash, credit, and does financing.

I also chose him because he's the Chief of Surgery in a Centers of Excellence hospital. He has the same surgical staff with him all the time (doesn't rotate people through), and he uses the same floor on the hospital for recovering patients, and the nurses on that floor know him very well, know what he likes/recommends/prescribes, and are they are very intune with each other.

Other surgeons worth looking into in Houston (off the top of my head):

Dr. Sherman Yu

Dr. Terry Scarborough

Dr. Matthew St. Laurent (he's more expensive)

Dr. Carlos Ferrari

I have heard nothing but wonderful things (even from my own surgeon) about Dr. Davis in Houston.

Dr. Robert Davis, founder of The Davis Clinic in Houston, Tx, is absolutely wonderful. He's a great surgeon, but his staff is also very nice, caring, and supportive. I struck gold when I chose him.

Dr. Sherman Yu. He is the best. Do a search on youtube for him. He is at TLC in Houston. I wouldn't go with anyone else. He did mine and I have had no complications like others get.

I agree. Sherman Yu did an excellent job for me with no complications. i think his website says $15k if your self pay, but his work was covered by my insurance. He and his partner, terry Scarborough, both utilize the laporscopic approach and you can see Sherman demonstrate this if you search for Yu and spyder surgery on YouTube. FYI - I was alo told by an orthopedic surgen that Dr Scarbrough has the best hands in Houston for Weightloss surgery, but he doesn't accept insurance. The great thing is that yu and Scarbrough assist each other during surgery, so you get two top surgeons for the price of one. I'm 21 weeks out and down 85 lbs since my surgery.