Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many excuses can you come up with why you will not or have not had Weight Loss Surgery? Aka (WLS).

1. I am a failure at everything I have tried why will WLS work for me? I have been on every kind of diet there is out there.
  2. I don’t have the money for WLS
  3. I hate myself I can’t do this because I know I will fail at this too.
  4. I don’t want to fill out all the papers only to find out that my insurance will not pay for it and I have to go through the appeal process
  5. I am scared to death to do this.
  6. Are you crazy, you want me to go to Mexico to a doctor I have never met and have surgery.
  7. Is it safe to go to Mexico? And is it clean in their hospital? Do they speak English?
  8. How do you know what doctor is the best for WLS in Mexico if you are going there?
  9. My doctor doesn’t think I need WLS; I should be able to lose the weight with diet and exercise.
  10. My family does not support me in the fact that I am thinking about having WLS.
  11. I will just wait until they come out with the “little magic pill” and all this fat will fall right off me.
  12. Maybe I can get on the “Biggest Loser” and lose all my weight! LOL!
  13. I can’t take time off work to have the surgery and time for recovery.
  14. I like to eat a lot of food and I wouldn’t be able to do that if I what WLS.
  15. I don’t like the foods that you should be eating after having WLS.
  16. I will have too much extra skin and then need more surgery.
  17. I HATE to exercise and they say I should exercise.
  18. I am an emotional eater, what will happen if I have WLS?
  19. WLS is the easy way out and it won’t work for me.
  20. It will cost too much for all the special foods I will need to buy
  21. My family will not eat what I have to eat and I don’t want to cook two different meals.
  22. It is easy to hide behind being fat and I don’t want to face my emotional problems.
  23. I am in denial and I don’t need to lose weight so why should I have WLS?
  24. I have very low self-esteem and can’t do this.
  25. Who cares if I am fat, I am happy!
  26. I have a very slow metabolism and this will not work for me.
  27. I am too old and to have WLS.
  28. I suffer from depression.
  29. I am too obese and they won’t do WLS on me.
  30. I am scared I will die during WLS.

I can give a reason why you should have WLS for every one of these excuses that are posted above. I am the person who had a lot of these same excuses for many years. 4 years ago I had WLS and was very successful. I lost 105 pounds and have kept it off. My insurance would NOT pay for it and I was lucky enough to have some money to be able to pay for it myself. I made the choice after about 6 months of asking questions to go to Dr. Aceves in Mexico who I highly recommend. I feel he was the very best doctor for me. He is highly skilled and has done many “sleeve” WLS with great success. He does the surgery in a top rated fully equipped hospital and not a clinic. You do your recovery in the hospital. I checked him out in every way I could.

STOP giving days away of your life. Become healthy and love and care for yourself enough to want this for you and NO ONE ELSE. Losing weight is ALL about you and NO one else.

This is just a thought. You may have heard the saying “What I do today is important because I’m trading a day of my life for it.” But have you ever really thought about what is means? It’s probably impossible to plan every 1,440 minutes of the day. But, give it a little thought. What can you do part of that time to make your life happy, healthy and how can you benefit from your choices? Life is so very short and so make the most of the day that you are trading of your life for. We all stumble and fall along the way, don’t beat yourself up over it. Move on and have a better day the next day.

If you have any questions please ask away. I am here to help and support you and answer any questions that you might have.

Hugs,

Suzanne

[*]I am scared to death to do this.

[*]I am scared I will die during WLS.

Great list!

These are the two that give me the greatest amount of anxiety and are the only reasons.. Sorry, excuses.. That ever give me a moments pause. Otherwise I am fully accepting of the fact that I have wasted a decade of my life not really living as I stressed over and over trying in vain to lose my weight.

I want this badly.. I am tired of having my life sitting on hold. How many times have you said to yourself 'I wish I could do (insert something here).. I will once I lose the weight'? Life on hold is no life at all.

I'm willing to make the adjustments and change my lifestyle after the surgery. Totally willing to accept all the responsibility that comes with this powerful tool.

That being said... Fear is a powerful emotion. I have anxiety disorder with my biggest fear being death... especially never having lived.

I still plan to go through with it.. Feb 4th.. If everything goes ok at my pre op appointments on Monday.

Sent from my Note 10.1 using VST

Great list!

These are the two that give me the greatest amount of anxiety and are the only reasons.. Sorry, excuses.. That ever give me a moments pause. Otherwise I am fully accepting of the fact that I have wasted a decade of my life not really living as I stressed over and over trying in vain to lose my weight.

I want this badly.. I am tired of having my life sitting on hold. How many times have you said to yourself 'I wish I could do (insert something here).. I will once I lose the weight'? Life on hold is no life at all.

I'm willing to make the adjustments and change my lifestyle after the surgery. Totally willing to accept all the responsibility that comes with this powerful tool.

That being said... Fear is a powerful emotion. I have anxiety disorder with my biggest fear being death... especially never having lived.

I still plan to go through with it.. Feb 4th.. If everything goes ok at my pre op appointments on Monday.

Sent from my Note 10.1 using VST

I wish you great success on your weight loss journey. I remember thinking what if I don't ever wake up from the surgery, so I don't want you to think you have the corner market on feeling and thinking this way. You are going to be just fine. There will be a team of highly trained medical staff take care of your during your surgery. You will die faster from being fat than you will ever from having the WLS. I am here to cheer you on, answer any questions that you might have and just support you in any way I can. You can always E-mail me if you are have a panic attack or scared. If you E-mail me at Suzannesh@aol.com, I will give you my phone number and you can call me. Hugs, and keep thinking of the good things that are coming your way. I want you to get a catalog of all the cute small size clothes and look at it, because a year from now you will be able to wear some of those clothes. ALLOW yourself to look and dream at where you are going to be. Hugs, Suzanne