Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~November Chat!

Whirling twirling, hopping and bopping for you! Soooo great that you made it to the Turkey Take Off! and more! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Hope you are up for the "I have a dream" challenge... 15 lbs by Jan 15th?

We all have 'those times' and I have had a few myself. Stick with us and we'll all help each other through them and out the other side a winner. :)

Hope this fill does it for you. I am going for my 4th next month and still am hoping to hit that sweet spot and to get those hiccups or burps or something to tell me to stop eating. :nervous

I am so thankful this year that my band will help me from pigging out. I figure if I even sampled everything I wouldn't be able to hold it all so it's going to be freeing. I am planning on eating whatever strikes me as good, knowing it will be such a little bit that I have to make wise and very special choices.

Have a great day everyone! :hungry:

Here's to Thanksgiving with a lot more to be thankful for. Thanks for all the encouragement you guys offer, thankful for all smaller clothes, no more snoring, I HAVE A LAP! And thankful for all the compliments (trying not to get proud) that friends and family give so freely and genuine to boot. Everyone have a great holiday!!!

Ok it's officially Thanksgiving. My 20 pound goal was 233. This morning I weighed 233.8 so I missed it by .8 pounds. I'll take that considering a week and a half ago I was up to 245.

My personal Christmas goal has been 220 for a while now. I know 13.8 pounds in 4 weeks is optimistic but I'm going to try.

Hello everyone! I've been gone for about a week -- we are in Atlanta at my DD's. We had quite the exciting Thanksgiving.....found out my DD is pregnant with TWINS! We, as the grandparents, are excited. DD and SIL are stunned. And overwhelmed with the thought of two babies instead of the one they had planned for. But it will all work out ok in the end, I'm sure.

I'm not sure where I ended the Turkey Take-off since my DD doesn't have a scale that works properly. So I'm going to have to wait till I get home and jump on my scale to officially end my challenge. I'm thinking I probably missed it by a few pounds but I know I've hit my halfway mark. 60 lbs. down, 60 to go! Halfway is a good place to be at 6 months. I know I think back to six months ago and realize how much better I feel and how much better I move. Last time I was at my daughter's house, her stairs ate my lunch. I had a hard time going up and down them because my knees hurt so much.

This time, I run up and down them. Yeah, me! The ol' knees creak a bit, but no pain.

Thanksgiving itself was ok. I made myself a small plate -- mostly soft stuff like mashed potatoes, yams and cranberry sauce with a bit of turkey. Took me twice as long as everyone else to finish, but that was ok. The conversation was great and lively, so no one really noticed that I was still pluggin' along, slowly eating my dinner. I felt good about myself after dinner -- not all pigged out and hurting. So I feel it was definitely a success.

I hope everyone else's Thanksgiving was good.....I'll catch up with all the posts when I get home!

Take that as a win! Congratulations. :clap2:

Are you joining us in the 'I have a dream' challenge? It will end on Jan 15th - Martin Luther Kings, birthday.

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone one on meeting and coming really close to your goals!

Myra - So glad that your slip has been resolved!

Well, I missed my Turkey Take-off goal by one pound, but I'm happy with that! On to my Christmas goal! Good luck everyone!

Hello all!

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Congrats on those that made their goals and good job to those who just missed them. Just think.... those are pounds you will never see again!! Woohoo!

I just came back from a fill. Doc got the port on the first try and all the saline came back from my original fill so I'm back in business! This is my second official fill with this new port. He did my first fill of 1.5cc's in surgery and I am now up to 2cc's. I have been sitting here at my desk working on a cup of italian wedding Soup for 45 minutes now and only have about a third of it done. Yay for good restriction!

My Christmas is goal is to lose another 10 pounds. That would put me at 220 or so. I would love to see onederland by the new year but I know that's just not realistic. That's okay though.... I'm sure I will see it before I know it!

I've been meaning to post a new pic but I never seem to be lookin' hot enough when I think about taking one. My company xmas party is on the 9th so I'll be sure to get one then.

Peace!

Drewslou - glad your doing well! I know you are going to thrive now that you have everything fixed with your port. Good restiction makes a world of difference. Is your Soup the Campbells Soup at Hand kind? I almost bought some the other day because it sounded good.

It was the Campbell's Select kind in the little microwavable bowl. It is a 2 cup size and I bet I didn't eat 1/3 of it!

My 4 year wedding anniversary is on Thursday. Hubby is taking me to the Melting Pot (a fondue place) for dinner. I figured it was a good mushy choice in case I'm having trouble with this fill. I guess those yummy steaks I have at home in the fridge are going to have to wait a couple of days!

I'm officially joining the "I Have a Dream" Challenge. 15 lbs sounds about right since that's what I've always lost when we were trying to lose 20 lbs.

So my official start weight is 210.

After my last fill I kept puking and was thinking I needed a slight unfill. Not only was I puking, but my throat was killing me and my face felt like it was going to explode. It just kept getting worse the whole time I was in Atlanta and when we got home it was unbearable.....even with taking pain killers! So I finally went to the dr. He told me I had a severe sinus infection with "significant drainage" and that's why I was so miserable and why I was puking.....too much snot in my tummy!

So now I'm on antibiotics -- huge horse pills that I have to crush to take -- and a decongestant. I'm starting to slowly feel human again. I took the last couple days off since it's been below 0 here at night and I'm on nights. The dr. said that the cold dry air wasn't helping me get any better. I never call in sick, so I'm feeling kind of guilty.....kind of. hehe.

It's funny how at first I thought my puking HAD to be from my band. It kind of was, if I didn't have restriction, all the drainage would have just upset my stomach instead of building up and causing me to puke. So I guess I live and I learn. It didn't help that I have never had a sinus infection before! At least not like this.

So hopefully I will start feeling better and start losing again! Funny how not eating will stall your loss as fast as eating too much.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and had a nice holiday. We had two stops to make for Thanksgiving so I just picked at the first stop and ate more at the 2nd. I got off all of that stupid 6 lbs I gained + .8 more.

Unfortunately my husband's Nana passed away on Saturday. She had battled cancer on and off for years. It's been a rough week because we were both really close to her but I know her pain and suffering is over and she is in a better place. It's going to be tough without her though.

I hope to have some pics on here after the weekend because we are taking some for our Christmas card.

Thanks to everyone for the support you offer!

Congrats to everyone on their sucesses this past week. I lost another 2lbs (7lbs in 7 days since my fill before TG). I can actually see myself in onerland by next week. That puts me only 2 weeks behind were I wanted to be. Not too bad. And that also makes my 'Dream' goal a bit more forseeable too. I can still eat a good amount of food, but I'm finding myself not hungry but once a day. Some times I have a small snack in the evening but my food is staying with me longer. That part is good.