Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~November Chat!

Well I'm home and the slip appears to have resolved. So they put 3 cc in my VG and we will see.

I think if I have to do more than one more day of liquids I might go on a ten state killing spree!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to the fill center's scale I have lost six pounds in the last two weeks.

Okay now I need to get my permanent fake teeth and I think I will have everything fixed.

Feet don't tingle, slip is corrected, new teeth coming.

Oh boy I didn't know I was going to be the six million dollar woman this year.:heh:

M

Janey I just realized how close you are to goal. Once you do this next challenge you are almost there. You go girl!!! You rock!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday. This is our first year being banded. Good luck to all. I am curious how I will do with all the food around, but I think I will be fine. Everyone knows I had the surgery, so I don't think my self-conscience will let me be bad in front of everyone. I am usually at my best when I am around people because of the accountability - I planned it that way and told everyone about being banded.

I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! I usually only weigh myself on Monday morning, since I had my doctor appointment on Monday I didn't think anymore about it. He weighed me, said I lost 8lbs for the month. Then I get to work yesterday and 2 coworkers said I looked like I'd lost a lot more weight (they hadn't seen me since last Thurs). I kinda laughed and reminded them that they just weren't used to seeing me thinner and expected me to walk through the doors as my old self. WELL... I got on the scale today just to see and I am down 5lbs to my Monday weight!!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! If that doesn't make me feel great! That gets me over half way to my Turkey Take off and just a few pounds from 'ONEDERLAND'!!!!! And it also puts me over half way to my goal. That is an added bonus. Thanks for celebrating with me everyone!

Yay Marz! You rock!

Mvpo - Glad your slip is better!

I lost 3 of my crazy 6 lb gain from this week - I hope it is Fluid retention.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! Our bands will help us so much this year.

Hey Drews,

I also love pumpkin pie! In fact, I love it so much that I make pumpkin pudding (pie minus the crust) weekly. I usually substitute egg beaters for the egg and do about 1/4 cup of sugar and substitute splenda for the rest. I don't notice much of a difference in the taste or texture. It is one of my favorite Snacks to have during the day.

Marz, congratulations, thats great news.

Mvpo, That is absolutely wonderful news and encouraging too, that slippage can be corrected non-surgically.

Drew, thank you for the "quick link" tip the other day.

?? What is the "I have a dream challenge"?? and how does that work?

I think I may have missed that post.

How do the challenges work?

thanks

Missy

Missy - (correct me if I am wrong anyone) but the challenges are more or less just personal challenges that we all work toward together. I think there have been 2 so far. A September Challenge and the Turkey Take Off. If there was another one, I missed it. Anyway, Janey mentioned something about the challenge in the October thread and Marz brought it up yesterday. The goal is to take off 15 lbs (more or less if you want to adjust it) by January 15th (Martin Luther King Day) – hence, “I Have a Dream”. You aren’t stoned if you don’t make it to goal but it just gives us something to strive for. It's almost a full 8 weeks, so if you want to participate, think about how much you think you can lose in that time period and go for the gold! :eek:

Hi everyone! I have been MIA and not doing very well-- Pouch-packing and drinking during meals and have only lost 40 pounds since my surgery. I just got my 3rd fill yesterday and so I am up to 7cc in my 11cc band. Hopefully, that will get me motivated again to get on the ball.

You are all a great inspiration! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Marcy

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on here in some time, work, school, time thing. I just got caught up with everything and glad to here all are doing good. I have only lost a couple of pounds since I was last on. I have scheduled my 2nd fill for next Monday. If this one goes as well as the first I'll be one happy girl.

Work and school. Who thought that was a good idea???? I've been busting my rear working on the coursework and its kicking back.

I wish all a Happy Thanksgiving! My personal thanks this year are to my PA and my Surgeon for being there for me whenever I need. I also give thanks that I found all of you wonderful people. Have a Great Day tomorrow! WE HAVE DONE GREAT IN ONLY 6 MONTHS!

Sometimes I am just shocked about how close I am and other times I feel like I am treading molasses. Guess we all fell that way.

But a great big thank you for noticing ... it sure makes me feel good.

:eek::):):);):):(:):D