Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~November Chat!

Holy crap! November already! Where did it all go? I have been banded just over six months now. I actually had my port replacement done on my 6 month anniversary. Fun, huh?

Anyone have any special goals for the month?? My 4th wedding anniversary is at the end of November and hubby and I are thinking about maybe heading down to Santa Fe for a weekend. We'll see.... there never seems to be enough time for stuff like that. I would like to be down 23ish more pounds by the end of the year. That would put me at 210 and just inches away from onderland!

Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to hearing about how you are doing!

I had a goal of ONEDERLAND by the 15th and of course the 20 lb Turkey Take Off, but I'm only 5 lbs to my twenty and 11 from ONEDERLAND. I'll still press on, but it gets discouraging when you don't see the scale move for over 3 weeks! My next fill is on the 20th, and I want to "get my money's worth"!!! I'm tired of messing around with little or no restriction.

And a question if anyone out there can answer it. Once I get a fill, I feel some restriction, but then it goes away. I can still eat large portions. I know I'm not leaking any of the Fluid out of my band and I'm not cheating, I'm eating good dense foods that should stay in my pouch. Any suggestions?

Started my new job yesterday. The only problem was lunch. There is no onsite place to eat and they ordered lunch for us - thick crust pizza:cry . I was good and just got a bottle of Water and waited til I got off work to go eat. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to pass on the pizza. Go for my 4th fill today. Can't wait.

marz88 I have swelling from the manipulation/filling for a week or two after fills. Kinda like post surgery swelling but not as severe:eek: .

Now my question is why do we second guess ourselves?

I am scheduled for another fill today. This weekend I ate a filet of fish sandwich with the bun and half order of french fries. Yeah for the new temporary teeth!!!!!

Now I know I shouldn't be able to eat that much:guess and especially not the bread. Yes it was well chewed and slowly done. But still it is too much.

Yet there is a niggling little voice in the back of my mind asking myself do I really need another fill right now.

Well I'm getting one no matter what the little voice says:heh: !!!!!!!!!

Myra

I am in total shock that it's November as well. My 6 month anniversary for banding is tomorrow. The third adjustment for me is today around 3pm. It stinks for me on adjustment days because I can't eat any solids after 9 am and no liquids after 1pm. Since my 2nd adjustment, if I eat any Breakfast at all - it is after 9 am. I even attempted some Breakfast this am but it just didn't happen. I want a good fill today but I don't want super duper restriction with it being so close to the holidays.

Drews - I'm glad your port replacement went well. I'm sure you'll meet your end of the year goal.

Marz- hang in there - the scale didn't move for about 4 weeks for me and I am finally at 2-3 lbs weekly drops again.

Ousooner - good willpower on the pizza! I can't do thick crust anymore

Myra - good luck with your fill today too! Glad to hear the dental work is helping you eat normally again.

My special goal for this month is to reach 185 - that will put me in the "overweight" category instead of obese. Plus I think I might be able to wear a size 14 in pants at that weight. I am about 7 lbs away - I'd like to be there by Thanksgiving. That is also about the size I was when I got married 5 1/2 years ago. I'd like to try on my wedding dress at the end of the month and see if it fits. Also, my DH and DS are going to Gatlinburg, TN the weekend before Thanksgiving with some friends we haven't seen in at least 6-7 months. I am eager to see them. My end of the year goal is to be between 175-180 lbs and I want to be able to wear a size 12 or at least close to it, because my DH is getting me clothes for Christmas and I am asking for 12's.

Just thought of an idea - I know a lot of you are good about posting progress pics on here, but since we are all around that 6 month mark it would be a great time to post some before/after pics. I will work on getting some on here over the next week. Let me know your thoughts!

Great idea on the pics Alicia! I will get working on that ASAP!

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 5 pounds since my surgery last week! I had a heckuva time finding something to wear to work this morning. I had a pair of size 18 khakis I have been waiting to try and they were huge on me.... so much for that! Got some interesting news about my surgery costs last night. I will know more on Thursday when I see my doc to have my stitches removed but it looks like it will be good news. I will keep you posted!

Make sure you get out and vote today. My MIL is running for her final term as state representative, she is term limited after this term. Keep your fingers crossed for her! I think she has it by a landslide but you never know. Here in my state of Colorado there are a lot of important issues on the ballot today. Domestic partnerships and legalizing marijuana (sp?) being the most heated ones. Should be an interesting day to say the least.

Let's see some pics!!!

Well I went for fill #3 today and I have a slip. This explains a lot of weird things that have happened to me.

First let me say that I had none of the typical signs. I never vomited, PB'd had acid reflux or anything along those lines.

What I had was a sensation of pain as food passed through my band. I attributed it the first couple of weeks to swelling after the fill.

Then I had the dental work that had me on a soft diet for a while. I still can't eat anything crunchy. This has probably saved me from having worse symptoms and slip.

After the barium swallow today (this is standard for all fills at the fill center I use) you could see a definite dilation of the pouch. Fortunately the sides of the stomach have not extended past and over the band.

So right now I am unfilled and on liquids for seven days and then mushies for seven days. Then I go back for another barium swallow.

If I remain slipped then it is back to surgery.

So that's where I am right now. Eight pounds lighter than in May and a slipped band since probably the end of August.

Myra

Myra.... I'm so sorry about your news. I know how devastating a band complication can be (although mine was nowhere as serious as ours) Hang in there girl and I'll be praying that it repositions itself!

Thanks for the words of encouragement DrewsLou.

I am not going to let this get me down.

I view it as a pothole in the road of life.

Now I just have to figure out how to drive around or through that pothole. Which ever comes first.:biggrin1:

Myra

Hello all, I should post on this site more often since I was banded May22nd, sorry to here of your complications myra wish you luck. I always worry about the slipping thing cause I can't seem to get it right with what to eat and how much. I am so used to eating alot that I insist on it and I get sick daily. Weight lose is pretty good, started at 215 and weight in today at 180. Would like to be 165 as a mini goal would love to stay at and maintain 140. We will see I am just so happy I am down this far so one day at a time. I have had 2 fills. Have a 4cc band and am 3cc filled. Went for a swolling study yesterday he don't wanna fill me at this point and they saw a little bit of reflux but nothing to right home about. Well I wish everyone the best and have a great day.

ps haven't been able to update this ticker thing or even get it to come out right so don't go by what it says.

Myra - I am so sorry to hear about your slipped band. I will keep you in my prayers. That is always my biggest fear.

Drews - how did your MIL do in the elections?

I got my 3rd fill on Tuesday. I am up to about 2.75 CC in my band. I'm down 2.4 lbs already. I guess I'll update my ticker next week. Dr Rose told me my % of weightloss was among the top of his patients so I was pleased to hear I am progressing well. I'm 5 lbs away from being just "overweight"...yahoo!