Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, that's right...

Hi Wheetsin,

You are absolutely right. I wasnt trying to suggest that there weren;t other factors that affect gas prices in Europe, just pointing out that Bush is not to blame for all universal economic woes.

Babs in TX

I support Bush as I know he believes that he is going to answer to a higher authority. Period.

I love President Bush. I proudly support him. I am also the state services captain for the Patriot Guard Riders here in ND and very proud to support our troops and vets. I love Rush too!

Just wanted to drop in and wave my flag...

I'm an extreme right-wing republican who strongly supports Bush. I'm a pretty stereotypical republican to. I go ape-shit when I think about welfare..especially on Friday when I get my paycheck..

Glad to see other Bush supporters, on forums I frequent, it's SUCH a small group of people, and sometimes it's hard to fight the battle alone!

I'm sooooo sooooo proud you started this thread. I got my azz jumped a couple of times just because I exercised my right of free speech to support a President I voted for both times and would most definitely vote a third if he could run but got enough and have never ever been back there. I can't believe how some people think they, whom have never been President can lean back in their chair and say what he's done that's wrong and what they would have done. I was taught to respect our President as a child. I really hate to see where we'll be in 10 years but I'm afraid it won't be good. I hope that thread is still around after a couple of terms with a President with no balls then lets see where we are.

I'm wondering if someone can help me out with this.

I've read several times on this thread and others about how people "proudly" support the president, and I really don't understand what that means.

I have strongly supported people and things and weakly supported them but I don't understand the pride part.

Maybe it's because I'm a dumb Canuck.

I'm asking this in all sincerity.

I think that in MOST cases, out of respect, I "support" our presidents because I believe it's the right thing to do. I also support our military men and women and veterans. But I am PROUD of this president - not only support him - but very proud of him and the job he has done. I even had a dog named "Dubya". I am proud of President Bush like I will be proud of my children when they graduate from college or whatever.... PRIDE. American pride. Not only proud of my country but proud of my leader. Not only supportive of our military but very proud of them. And NO, I am not PRO WAR. I am, however, PRO VICTORY.

God bless ~

I guess I wasn't sure who was proud of who.

If I say that I wholeheartedly, halfheartedly or happily support someone or something, I'm the person who is happy or halfhearted or whatever.

So if a person was proud of themselves for supporting something, that would suggest to me that if they didn't support support that thing, they may think less of themselves. And this may interfere with critical thinking.

Am I making sense?

So, from your replies, I understand that you're proud of what you support rather than yourselves. Thanks, I think I've got it!

So, you're a Cannuck, Devana. No wonder I like you.

Just be careful here. This is a scary thread.

I didn't agree with our Government's (and it was our government not just our President's decision) to invade Iraq. I felt it would end up being a quagmire similar to Vietnam.

That being said I am a Christian conservative who supports Bush and even agree's with O'reilly most of the time. It disturbs me sometimes that I am often treated as if I am addle brained because of my Republican views and Christian faith - I guess the idea being that if I were intelligent or informed enough then I would obviously not believe what I do. Who is intolerant again? - it seems to fall on both sides of the aisle. I don't think Christians and Republicans have the stranglehold on judgmental dogmaticism.

I want people to vote, to be politically active and informed - I do not expect everyone to agree with me nor do I question their intelligence if they don't.

I think a person can be proud of themselves too, of course, such as if we lose weight and gain our health back and take good care of ourselves that would be something to be very proud of. And if we graduate from high school and then perhaps college and whatever other achievements -- those are things to be proud of.

I did not realize there were so many definitions of pride though. As you thought, there is one that states this, "a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc."

The kind of pride I feel for our President is a little closer to this definition, "someone or something cherished, valued, or enjoyed".

You raise a very interesting point though, because it seems that the definition of pride is much more about how a person feels about themselves rather than how they feel about someone else.... I have never thought of it like that - I am always proud of my husband, my children, and others. I don't very often use the word in a way that means I am proud of MYSELF.

I think maybe instead of saying you have pride in one instance, there is pride and then there is respect. I know a lot of democrats who don't agree with Bush and of course don't want him in office, but they still respect him and don't defame him like some things that have been done. And I agree about the twisted 'truth' that is publicized. There seems to be a large majority of people who don't realize how easy it is to photoshop or edit footage, etc. and thus believe in lies.