Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved! Surgery is on for 1/31!

I called my Drs office today to see if I was approved as I have to line up help for my kids and I did not want to do it unless surgery was a definite go. And I had been approved! Yikes. This is getting real.

Tomorrow I go to my PCP to get my surgical clearance and then that's it. WOW. I am scared, nervous and ready!!

Now to get the remainder of things for the Pre-Op diet, do my measurements, before pics, get some food made and frozen for DH and the kids.

Congrats!!!! :)

While you are recovering I think it is an excellent time, when available, to send the hubby & kids off to aunites or granny's to eat. :P

I called my Drs office today to see if I was approved as I have to line up help for my kids and I did not want to do it unless surgery was a definite go. And I had been approved! Yikes. This is getting real.

Tomorrow I go to my PCP to get my surgical clearance and then that's it. WOW. I am scared' date=' nervous and ready!!

Now to get the remainder of things for the Pre-Op diet, do my measurements, before pics, get some food made and frozen for DH and the kids.[/quote']

Yay congrats!

While you are recovering I think it is an excellent time' date=' when available, to send the hubby & kids off to aunites or granny's to eat. :P[/quote']

I agree

Thanks everyone! I am sure the Grnadmas will help, once I tell them about the surgery. But, my kids have special needs so eating at home is just easier on us all.

I am soooo nrvous.. My mom is going to be mad. I am almost 40 and I am worried about telling my mom!

Good Luck and Congrats! I'm on 1/30 - feeling nervous as well!

Thanks everyone! I am sure the Grnadmas will help' date=' once I tell them about the surgery. But, my kids have special needs so eating at home is just easier on us all.

I am soooo nrvous.. My mom is going to be mad. I am almost 40 and I am worried about telling my mom![/quote']

Why is ur mom going to be mad at you?? Ur grown enough....and ur changing ur life for my the better...I'm 21 started the process at 20 an ha nothing but support by everyone, but the only main support person u need is urself!!!! :D

Congrats!!!! :)

Thinnertiff u look awesome.

MY mom is just a worrier. I have three kids with Autism ages 6 and under. She is a nervous Nellie. But thats ok. My DH is a rock.

Thinnertiff u look awesome.

Thanks!! Just a question...did u see pics?? Lol I'm just confused

MY mom is just a worrier. I have three kids with Autism ages 6 and under. She is a nervous Nellie. But thats ok. My DH is a rock.

And I understand...I mean my family was worried too. It's natural...no turning back now :)

hi Dana...look like we will be sleeved on the same day,,,,congrats!

Today i completed my pre op exams. i had to drive 3 hrs to the hospital and i had blood drawn, urine sample, ekg, chest xray and talk with nutritionist. i didnt have to do the test where they insert a cam down my throat and look at my stomach,(whew). now i just have to wait to the 31st for my sleeve day, i will be getting the spider technique with 1 incision. i will stay in the hospital for 1 day and released the following day. then i will have a 3 hour ride back home after surgery. the nurse said i will have to stop each hour and walk to keep my stomach from getting stiff. i hope and pray i am in minimal pain.

No lol jus ur default