Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Feet?

I noticed a while ago that my size 9 walking shoes were starting to feel big. I just thought they were wearing out. Friday I had to go buy some dress shoes (from Payless--- you know BOGO?? :) ) So I went to the size 9 section, found a pair......too big!:) Moved down to 8 1/2.......too big!:D:P Finally moved down to the 8's and they were ok. Kind of big, but not bad. And I was actually able to buy HEELS! Nice black shiny pumps. :clap2:

But that was a size and a half drop. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I've heard about getting taller, but never about shrinking feet.:rolleyes

Yes, me too.

Before banding I wore a 11, or a 10 1/2 w. Now I'm wearing a 9ish. I've still got quite a bit of weight to go, so who knows how much smaller they'll get. When I got married 18 years ago I was a 7, go figure?

Yes, my feet have shrunk, too...I think it's the tops of my feet that don't take up so much room now...I'm usually a 10 and I had to give one pair of shoes away already. I used to be an 8 - boy that would be nice to get back into!

I was just telling DH that my feet are getting smaller. My shoes are so loose that they are flopping off my feet. Guess I will need to go buy new shoes. Oh no, am I becoming addicted to shopping?

I was already addicted to shopping so the drop in shoe size was a great excuse to buy some new shoes! All my dress shoes, heels, and boots were slipping up and down on my foot. Thank goodness my running and walking sneakers still work, those darn things are expensive. I have wide feet, a high arch, and a high instep.....so all my tennies fit very comfortably now, albeit laced a little snugger.

Yep, I've gone from an 8W back down to a 7M. My walking shoes are slipping so they make my feet sore and I've got to get some new ones. Too bad, huh!!

I've lost shoe size(s) every time I've lost weight.

At my highest I was a 12W or 12WW. (I'm almost 6 feet tall, so it's not as ridiculous as it sounds!) Yesterday I bought some 11s and they have a bit of room to spare, but I wanted them and they didn't come in half sizes... so I'm probably around 10.5 now.

:) Yes ,to my diappointment, my $250 Merrel trainers.

The type us men use to go to clubs (disco,s ) in are now loose.

And i,ve only lost 22kg /46lbs.

Mark.

I have a big ole size 11 foot. I would love to get them down to a 10. Not every woman's shoe comes in an 11.

I guess that is one more thing to look forward to.

:-)

Ive been lurking for a couple of weeks, not sure if I ever posted. But I must respond because this makes me quiver with excitement. I love shoes and I too wear a big ole size 11, which isnt bad cuz I'm 6'1". I can relate to the shopping frustration. I would freak if I went down to a 10.

Im not banded yet but hope to be very soon. HOW exciting.

I can relate to this one. I've lost about 22 lbs since surgery and have gone from a size 7 1/2 to a 7. Which to me really sucks since I had just bought some really cute shoes that I only wore maybe twice before they were to big.

:thankyou: :) :tea:

I love you guys, you give me hope for my size 13's. I am also 6'1" so I need big feet. I would just love it if they would go down to a 12 or dare I say 11 1/2. WOOHOOOOOO let me get back on liquids and get this weight off me.....