Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A New start...but

I have been banded a year this month and to say I have broken every rule in the book is an understatement! I am not proud of this past year but I am ready to put all the bad behinde me and start living a clean healthy lap band life style. I will be working with a therapist once a week to really address my eating disorder..so I am truly ready for once to go to work with my band. My question is...I can eat anything hardly anything bothers me and I can eat alot! Way more than a cup. But whenever I eat I get sick afterwards..it's like it backs up in my throat and I have to go get rid of it~sounds gross I know! But since I can eat TOO much I do not want an unfill...but I cannot keep getting sick. Any words of wisdom?:help:

I would say - first of all - that its great that you've recognized area of weakness AND that you're willing to make changes and address them so you can utilize the band AND your head to get the weight off. It does take both I've found (and am still working on it 2+ years out!). I actually recently joined WW because my portions are out of control - more grazing than "I need a fill" portions, and I needed some structure. You say that you've broken every rule - so I would suggest going back to basics and reteach yourself to eat like a bandster. Are you drinking with meals? Stop. Are you eating Protein first then veggies? If not, start. AND - most important - just because you CAN eat more than a cup, does not mean you should. When I was having the most success I would eat what I could slowly eat over the course of 20 minutes and then I would walk away. If I was hungry within an hour later, I needed a fill, if I could hold off eating for a few hours, I was good. It sounds like maybe you are getting sick because you are eating too fast OR because you are pouch packing - overstuffing your pouch. That can lead to pouch stretching so you need to be careful. When you say you can eat more than a cup of food - what kind of food do you mean? All diced chicken breast? Ice cream? LOL Think honestly about what you're eating and how often. And I would suggest going back to your dr & being honest with him/her about this year and your plan to recommit - he/she can best gauge whether or not you need a fill. Good luck with your recommitment! Sometimes a recommitment is harder than having the initial surgery - I'm there, too. So our journey might be longer - as long as we get where we planned to go we're OK though, right? Sorry this is so long!!

Kristin

Terrilen, You might want to look at the nwwls website, stands for North West Weight Loss Surgery. Its www.nwwls.com and there is a great deal of info in their archives. There is someone there named Jessie Ahroni, she has a band and has lost her weight. She does fills there but her info is incomparable. That is where I get most of my information as that is where my Dr. is but I must say that there group meetings that are listed in the archives have helped me many times. Best wishes on your new venture. Keep looking forward, as looking backward makes as much sense as driving a car by looking in the rear view mirror! You are going to do better now with the right support! Send them an e-mail and perhaps they can mail you some info too!