Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone my name is hannah. This is my first post on here ever! I had the sleeve surgery on January 9,2013. The first two days were not that great. After being out of surgery for a few hours I got a breathing treatment. And it was only about 15 mins after that, that I started to puke up blood and bile. That was a little scary but I recovered from that spell quickly. Then a couple of hours after that I had another breathing treatment and that one made me puke also. So the surgeon had to do a endoscopy to make sure everything was alright, which everything was. He just said that the breathing treatment chemicals probably didn't agree with me so he stopped all of the breathing treatments. I had to stay an extra day in the hospital so my stay was for 2 days and I finally got released to go home on Friday the 12th. I was so glad to be out of the hospital and in my own room. So here I am on day 4 of post op. I am still sore, But the thing that hurts the most is my incision sites every time I try to sit down or stand up. But I am still able to push though the soreness and get up and walk. I am a newbie at this post op thing, so I may end up asking questions or asking for some advice. So here is a Thank you in advance!

Surgeon- Dr. Sudhakaren at Herrin hospital in Southern Illinois

Starting weight- 345

Day of surgery- 319

Post op day 4- 312

hello Hannh welcome, ive not had my op yet but well done you, il look forward to reading your journey from here on in xxxx

Hello Hannah - I had my surgery on Jan 8th. My incision spot - the long one - I have 4... is very sore too! My doc told me that walking and moving is the best way to get rid of the soreness... so keep on moving! I'm sorry you had the issues you did! I am still so swollen all over - and bloated.... trying very hard to get in the Protein Drinks and water... that seems to be all I do all day long now :-)... walk and sip and sip and walk :-)! Good luck and let's keep in touch to look how our progress is doing together!

Thank you Annabelle!

Hello Hannah - I had my surgery on Jan 8th. My incision spot - the long one - I have 4... is very sore too! My doc told me that walking and moving is the best way to get rid of the soreness... so keep on moving! I'm sorry you had the issues you did! I am still so swollen all over - and bloated.... trying very hard to get in the Protein drinks and Water... that seems to be all I do all day long now :-)... walk and sip and sip and walk :-)! Good luck and let's keep in touch to look how our progress is doing together!

Thank you. Good luck on your journey also. I keep sipping and walking as much as I can stand. I can definitely tell the walking is helping since I can walk better than the first day. I will be looking forward to hearing about your process also!

Hi I was also sleeved on the 9th in australia. So yay were the same day. Weight on day of surgery was 122kg. I'm still sore today and its day 6. No nausea or anything like that. A bit of heart burn but on meds for that.i can seem to drink pretty easy and a lot. Today I drank 500mls of Water with 30 mins . Don't know if this is normal. Will be good to track your process seems we were both sleeved on the same day. Would love to talk.

Hi I was also sleeved on the 9th in australia. So yay were the same day. Weight on day of surgery was 122kg. I'm still sore today and its day 6. No nausea or anything like that. A bit of heart burn but on meds for that.i can seem to drink pretty easy and a lot. Today I drank 500mls of Water with 30 mins . Don't know if this is normal. Will be good to track your process seems we were both sleeved on the same day. Would love to talk.

Awesome! Glad your doing good. I try to drink at least 2 oz every 15 mins to try and get to the required amount of 64 oz a day. But I still haven't met that goal yet. I will be looking forward to reading more about your process as we both advance in the sleeve. Good luck! ????

Good luck and congratulations! Last time I had abdominal surgery someone made a comment to me along the lines of "it was just laproscopic, it shouldn't really hurt." I just looked at them and said, "yeah, you try being stabbed in the stomach 3 - 5 times and tell me how you feel!"

I haven't had sleeve yet but was banded 5 years ago. It will hurt for a while as you recover. As you stand, move around you're using those muscles they went through. Every day will get better though!

Glad you're home and doing great! Keep on moving.

Good luck and congratulations! Last time I had abdominal surgery someone made a comment to me along the lines of "it was just laproscopic, it shouldn't really hurt." I just looked at them and said, "yeah, you try being stabbed in the stomach 3 - 5 times and tell me how you feel!"

I haven't had sleeve yet but was banded 5 years ago. It will hurt for a while as you recover. As you stand, move around you're using those muscles they went through. Every day will get better though!

Glad you're home and doing great! Keep on moving.

Thanks!

Hiya oohh I remember that feeling post op I was the same vomiting black stuff and bile not good but it's 3 months tomorrow and I feel great I've lost 61 pounds. Keep up the good work

Hi Hannah! I see that you're 19 and I just wanted to say this is going to be an incredible journey. You have so much ahead of you! I'm 21, and I've met people who've had VSG and they said they wish they could've had it when they were our age.

I'm hoping this procedure is going to help our health and be a preventative tool for common health issues like high BP and diabetes when we get older.

I know it's rough now, but I'm going to be a month post-op on the 17th and I've been blessed with a relatively easy surgery and a great recovery. No nausea or major issues following my diet/eating foods. Sometimes I still get pains, but just remember to take everything slow. Even getting up and out of bed.

I've heard that a heating pad can help with pain to relax your muscles and may become your best friend. I hope you were prescribed pain meds too.

I wish you a smooth rest of your recovery free from issues and complications. Best of luck!

If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me :]

Hiya oohh I remember that feeling post op I was the same vomiting black stuff and bile not good but it's 3 months tomorrow and I feel great I've lost 61 pounds. Keep up the good work

Thank you. And congrats on your progress!!

Hi Hannah! I see that you're 19 and I just wanted to say this is going to be an incredible journey. You have so much ahead of you! I'm 21' date=' and I've met people who've had VSG and they said they wish they could've had it when they were our age.

I'm hoping this procedure is going to help our health and be a preventative tool for common health issues like high BP and diabetes when we get older.

I know it's rough now, but I'm going to be a month post-op on the 17th and I've been blessed with a relatively easy surgery and a great recovery. No nausea or major issues following my diet/eating foods. Sometimes I still get pains, but just remember to take everything slow. Even getting up and out of bed.

I've heard that a heating pad can help with pain to relax your muscles and may become your best friend. I hope you were prescribed pain meds too.

I wish you a smooth rest of your recovery free from issues and complications. Best of luck!

If you need someone to talk to feel free to PM me :']

Thank you!