Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Thats 4lbs a week, sure you wish it was more but before surgery when is the last time you lost 4lbs a week without starving yourself? Keep your chin up have you measured how many inches have you lost? Do your clothse seem looser? Remember this "Just when the caterpillar thought her life was over she became a Butterfly"!

i am 5 weeks out i feel the same way i dont weigh myself but i felt like i had lost quit a bit of weight. i went to my family doc yesterday and i had to b weighd ive lost 15 since the week before surgery.so im very down been thinkin about it non stop got a few ideas why i didnt start exerciseing till a week ago and thats just mile and a half a day.mabey its the popcicles they suger free least they say they are but they still have 6g of carbs.i was prety much eatin them very often.i deff dont eat to much hardly anything. can the protien cause you to gain weight if u dont get no kind of exercise.mabey its just a stall i do feel alot smaller

Ummmmm you guys are not losing slow. You are both doing great with the weight loss!!!

Enjoy your loss!!!!!!! Be excited!!!

Celebrate :)

Don't let yourself deny you this time of happy happy happy!!!

:)

Um, why? You're doing fine.

I'm down 22 lbs in 4 weeks and I'm freaking ecstatic.

I can understand the frustration. But your body is trying to adjust to this change. Your body is trying to hold on the fat and save it from starvation. Your journey is totally normal. One day the scale will move. Also I hope you took your measurements and a picture of yourself preop. These help me to see my progress when I feel frustrated. Our weight did not go on overnight nor will it leave us overnight. Keep it up. You are worth it!

You have to check yourself. If this is discouraging you I have to question whether or not your expectations were ever realistic.

I so understand being discouraged, unwashed there last week because of a 2 week stall that started at week 2. Don't worry lady, 25 lbs in a few weeks is great, and you'll keep moving forward! Keep working the plan, and you'll be okay!

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. I know we all have encouraging and discouraging times. I am sure that we have all had unrealistic expectations at some point. I certainly don't need to check myself. Thank you to all those who gave helpful feedback.