Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

I must admit, I was surprised to find this thread, with its intensity, on the lap band site. And then I became absolutely hooked on it. Now I leave it for a while and wander back for awhile. We all get to choose whether to participate, view, or ignore this thread. Enter at your own risk, like the subheading says.

ok, sorry Carlene. Didn't realize I had entered the rant thread cuz I just clicked on the latest message at the top of the screen on the first page. On a rant page, you rant! ;-) That said, I still think Bush is a FAR better prez than Clinton or Carter. Actually, Reagan is my all-time hero but men like him are few are far between. The liberals always want to "dialogue" with folks who only want to kill us. They are so naive. At heart they WANT us to be a third-world country. And sadly, they are getting their way.

Well, everyone is entitled to they're opinion. I suggest everyone watching the World Trade Center or United 93 and think well, we all wanted to do something that day, put up our flags and said we'll get you saddum and now lots of soldiers are losing they're lifes and it's so easy to say, It's that damn President. Well, I admire him for standing up and not hiding like Clinton did.

Ok, first off Saddem and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. So going after him didn't impress a lot of us as far as fighting the terror that led to 9/11.

And when did Clinton hide? He tried to do things, and had to fight the Rep. Congress, who didn't want to give him things like expanded wire-tapping powers, and when he did bomb, there were TONS of comments about him just trying to distract the country. I like this link that talks about what was done under Clinton about terror. http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.htm

And I am VERY grateful to be living in this country. I don't however think we should just coast on that and not continue to strive to be the best we can.

And you credit George Bush and/or the Republican Party for this? By that logic, everyone's income should have doubled and mine hasn't.

Mine hasn't either. And for all the tax-cut talk, we've had to pay the last few years for the first time ever. With no real change in our financial life to explain it.

ok, sorry Carlene. Didn't realize I had entered the rant thread cuz I just clicked on the latest message at the top of the screen on the first page. On a rant page, you rant! ;-) That said, I still think Bush is a FAR better prez than Clinton or Carter. Actually, Reagan is my all-time hero but men like him are few are far between. The liberals always want to "dialogue" with folks who only want to kill us. They are so naive. At heart they WANT us to be a third-world country. And sadly, they are getting their way.

You really believe that liberals want to have America be a third-world country? That we simply want to "dialogue" with terrorists? And your proof of that is?

Ok, first off Saddem and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. So going after him didn't impress a lot of us as far as fighting the terror that led to 9/11.

And when did Clinton hide? He tried to do things, and had to fight the Rep. Congress, who didn't want to give him things like expanded wire-tapping powers, and when he did bomb, there were TONS of comments about him just trying to distract the country. I like this link that talks about what was done under Clinton about terror. http://www.snopes.com/rumors/clinton.htm

And I am VERY grateful to be living in this country. I don't however think we should just coast on that and not continue to strive to be the best we can.

Thanks for giving the above snopes address, lisah. It is most informative on Clinton's record on terrorism.

As for Clinton's sexuality, I, like most foreigners, have always failed to see what this had to do with his ability to govern. I have noted that a number of prominent Republicans have been recently outed for their own sexual pecadillos and are thus a long, long way from being as pure as the driven snow. The difference, as I see it, is that Clinton never ran his presidential campaign on this issue of family morals, whatever that might mean, unlike these new socially conservative Republicans. If there are any more scandals in this party I suspect that social conservatism will be just another way of saying hypocrisy.

Thanks for giving the above snopes address, lisah. It is most informative on Clinton's record on terrorism.

As for Clinton's sexuality, I, like most foreigners, have always failed to see what this had to do with his ability to govern. I have noted that a number of prominent Republicans have been recently outed for their own sexual pecadillos and are thus a long, long way from being as pure as the driven snow. The difference, as I see it, is that Clinton never ran his presidential campaign on this issue of family morals, whatever that might mean, unlike these new socially conservative Republicans. If there are any more scandals in this party I suspect that social conservatism will be just another way of saying hypocrisy.

I love snopes for all kinds of info.

I agree, when you make an issue of morality, you'd better be really sure you don't have too many skeletons in your own closet.

I'm confused. Why do you need the government to be generous with your money? If you have a few extra bucks and you'd rather share it to have less poverty in your midst, why don't you just do so? Sponsor a poor family, pay the medical insurance payments for someone who can't; there are numerous possibilites. Plus, without having the money siphoned through a bureaucracy, more will go to the poor if you just give it directly.

I have always shared money--and other stuff--with those who are needier than I am.

Kind of interesting...you want government outlawing choice in reproductive matters but NOT requiring that even the unwilling do their part to support all those "unplanned" kids?

I'd much rather have my government in my bank than in my uterus (well, I don't HAVE a uterus anymore, but ANY of that area)...but to each her own...

BTW, Dubya and Laura pay about 31% of their income in taxes. Lots of us do. But they earn more than I do. Without the tax breaks he gave himself, he would have paid more. I guess he didn't feel like sharing. Interestingly enough, SOME of his charitable contribution money went to the Chapel at Camp David. Now THERE'S a cause that will help so many Americans...especially the poor ones. Yup, that's Dubya.

I don't want America to be a Third World Country. I believe that the demise of the middle class will get us there.

I don't want to just dialog with terrorists. I'm a liberal, and I don't remember that as a party platform. I do believe that being seen as an ineffectual bully probably doesn't help us reach our goals....

I don't fit your statistics. Count me as one who doesn't make broad based sound bites in order to discount large groups of people. I believe it stops one from critical thinking, and leads to hate, bigotry, and to wars.

I don't want America to be a Third World Country. I believe that the demise of the middle class will get us there.

I don't want to just dialog with terrorists. I'm a liberal, and I don't remember that as a party platform. I do believe that being seen as an ineffectual bully probably doesn't help us reach our goals....

I don't fit your statistics. Count me as one who doesn't make broad based sound bites in order to discount large groups of people. I believe it stops one from critical thinking, and leads to hate, bigotry, and to wars.

I have been a pretty mouthy outsider on some of your more intellectually challenging threads. I am a Canadian as some of you may know and some years ago I would have felt guilty wading into issues that you all might rightfully consider as being as domestic issues. I would have kept my gob shut but now I feel comfortable engaging in these debates and I feel that you must understand why.

The truth is that American policies affect not only American citizens but do take in a raft of other people: Canada is certainly affected, as is Mexico, and then we have a mess of tiny Carib countries - the ones that girdle Cuba - and then of course there are the central and south American countries.

Not all Canadians are aware that in the 1930s the Canadian economy was neck in neck with that of Brazil. It is certain that Canada has profited in a major way by the economic rise of the United States. She has been floating to the top on America's coat tails.

On the other hand Great Britain had been occupying for centuries the place to which the US had come - both with respect to moral power and to physical might - after the conclusion of second world war. It is kind of interesting that it is the Anglophone nations who seem to be the ones who are the most engaged in this notion of democracy and freedom of speech, etc.

So after the second world war we are looking at a chunk of property that has been depleted - let's call this most of Europe - and then we gets to view the healthy turf of North America. Oh lucky day! This property happens to be sheltered by a significant chunk of Water on either side. This is a good thing for the obvious and stupid reason: Americans don't want to be invaded and trapped and stuck worshipping a)Lenin or b)Allah or c)whatever.

It is important that you Americans understand that you now have other nations who rely upon you. You have become the single most important nation in this world at this time. You no longer have the right to privacy. You no longer belong to yourselves. This is why you will be subjected to complaints.

I was paying half the price for gasoline that I am now. The country was not at war. The federal budget actually contained a SURPLUS. Let's see......yep, it's fine with me if the president spends his lunch hour getting laid. After all, he wouldn't be the only one in Washington doing it. AND at least Monica wasn't underage.

I lost 2 firemen due to the lack of CLINTON'S WORK IN THE WHITE HOUSE OR IS IT not the lack of work.

You'll have to explain that one to me. There is way too little information to make any sense out of that statement whatsoever.

Charlene, Now I have a PRESIDENT who is here to protect me and our country! 911 fell 8 miles from my home TWIN TOWERS you know the World Trade Center due to terriorists..TERRISTS .OUR PRESIDENT IS TAKING THE BLAME FOR THESE PEOPLE THAT HARMED close to 4,000 innocent lives. I LOST 2 FIREMEN DUE TO CLINTON disarming our military that CLINTON a DEMACRAT he tore down. He new crap was going to happen and did not inform BUSH our PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Our military today is VOLUNTEER THEY CHOOSE TO be their and help us. President Bush did not put these men in our troops.

This is definately not a topic to be discussed POLITICS AND RELIGION.

NOW SOME PEOPLE NEED BANDS ON THEIR MOUTHS.

I had my loss ...MY UNCLE AND MY BROTHER, who protected the people in the World Trade Center. NOW I have a man who is doing his best in protecting our country so I don't lose my chidren or possibly my future grandchildren.

PRESIDENT BUSH A WONDERFUL SMART MAN. A GREAT PRESIDENT.

YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL PAY A LITTLE MORE FOR GAS...

CLINTON'S BROUGHT UP MY INSURANCE...DOES ANYONE REMEMBER INSURANCE REFORM? GEE I DO. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER HMO'S

SO CHARLENE...MAYBE YOU NEED ANOTHER JOB.

First of all, yes it is a topic to be discussed under politics & religion. That's a lot of what happens in R&R, and R&R is the appropriate location for it. If there is a problem with a topic a moderator will handle the issue. What can or cannot be discussed is unfortunately not decided at your discretion.
Our military today is VOLUNTEER THEY CHOOSE TO be their and help us.
Once you get a paycheck, you're no longer a volunteer.

Enlistment is a contract, and volunteers aren't held in contract. When you're stationed somewhere, you aren't volunteering to be there, you're told to go so you pack up and go, no questions asked. Our military is absolutely not made of volunteers. They choose to enlist, they choose not to go a-wol. Not a whole lot of other choice involved. I lived 20 years in a military family, I know that too well.

You can voice your opinion, but others with whom you disagree need "bands on their mouths"? How exactly does that work? Is your opinion more valuable than theirs?
That's your opinion. And you voice it, and no one is telling you that you need a band on your mouth (aka keep your mouth closed). Please show other members the same respect you wish to be shown.

CLINTON'S BROUGHT UP MY INSURANCE...

Clinton's what?
Yeah, Charlene. Carlene. Go get another job! That's the answer!

Charlene, Now I have a PRESIDENT who is here to protect me and our country! 911 fell 8 miles from my home TWIN TOWERS you know the World Trade Center due to terriorists..TERRISTS .OUR PRESIDENT IS TAKING THE BLAME FOR THESE PEOPLE THAT HARMED close to 4,000 innocent lives. I LOST 2 FIREMEN DUE TO CLINTON disarming our military that CLINTON a DEMACRAT he tore down. He new crap was going to happen and did not inform BUSH our PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Our military today is VOLUNTEER THEY CHOOSE TO be their and help us. President Bush did not put these men in our troops.

I had my loss ...MY UNCLE AND MY BROTHER, who protected the people in the World Trade Center. NOW I have a man who is doing his best in protecting our country so I don't lose my chidren or possibly my future grandchildren.

YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL PAY A LITTLE MORE FOR GAS...

CLINTON'S BROUGHT UP MY INSURANCE...DOES ANYONE REMEMBER INSURANCE REFORM? GEE I DO. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER HMO'S

Oh, good...a puzzle!

W - STILL AN IDIOT!! Or What About....HECKUVA JOB BROWNIE!!

I Think Those Two Statements Speak Volumbes. My Six Year Old Daughter Is More Articulate Than GWB. It Honestly Pains Me To Watch The Man Speak, It Is Embarrassing!