Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

Perhaps if George Bush had twin sons he would reconsider the masacre of our male population for a war that NO ONE wants.

Fran

Fran....you have not been paying attention, girlfriend. There is a whole group of people on this board who think the war is a GOOD thing. They aren't sure why, except that their leader (a shrub....no, sorry - a bush) told them it was a good thing. An honorable thing. A necessary thing.

Someday George is going to say (privately, of course), "Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time." Unfortunately, a lot of blood will have been shed by then. American blood. In the name of protecting us from something that was never a threat to begin with. How sad.

I wish people wouldn't delete posts, I undersatnd that sometimes people say things they shouldn't and they feel bad about how cruel they can be, but a simple apology would suffice.

Gailannr, I accept your apology on behalf of everyone you called names, I know as a good Christian you feel bad about your behavior but we all make mistakes. I forgive you, remember even the narrowest of minds can be pried open a tiny bit.

I wish people wouldn't delete posts, I undersatnd that sometimes people say things they shouldn't and they feel bad about how cruel they can be, but a simple apology would suffice.

Gailannr, I accept your apology on behalf of everyone you called names, I know as a good Christian you feel bad about your behavior but we all make mistakes. I forgive you, remember even the narrowest of minds can be pried open a tiny bit.

Tom, you don't have to accept my apology on anyone's behalf. I didn't call anyone names that I recall. Does this mean that you are an atheist and somehow you have the power to forgive people? Don't even start with me calling people names. I have seen and read on this forum the name calling and rude remarks! I spent a few hours reading through posts of the "worst thing people have called fat people" and then read through posts of those same people bad mouthing Bush and Christians and anyone who didn't particularly agree with that person's point of view! I don't count you (since I wouldn't know you if I tripped over you) as someone I would have to come to for forgiveness thank you!

Sorry I forgot the quote and once agian your welcome, (Deleting post can be confusing)
I count you as someone I would have to come to for forgiveness thank you!

Dennis Miller has an interesting take on the Iraq war..... He calls Iraq a "giant salt-lick for the terrorists in the Middle East", because "since there is no 'Country of Al-Qaeda', this brings them out to one central place where we can fight them." I understand why a lot of people are against the Iraq war, but I can't understand why those same people don't give the same consideration to the people who think it is necessary. I have a friend who moved to Israel 15 years ago, and she has lived with the awareness that every day, for many more years than she has been there, millions of children of radical Muslims living all around her are in training to become suicide bombers or to "kill a Jew" to earn their place in Paradise. And that they consider Americans the same as Jews. Saddam was paying suicide bombers' families for successful kills, and the 9/11 attack was planned many years in advance, in several different countries. Let's not forget all the other attacks on our military and our interests by many of those same terrorist groups. My Jewish friend, who was a "dove" here, has become a "hawk" since living there... out of sheer necessity.

My BIL is a history scholar and retired professor. He still gives lectures on the Middle East, his specialty. He has studied the Koran, the old one, not the "cleaned-up" version used in the past few decades. The old one is still used in some Madrass schools and taught by radical clerics. This is the version quoted by the radicals....they don't "play nice" and they don't want to live in peace. I'm sorry, but they DON'T. That is not to say that all, or even most Muslims feel the same, and I am not saying that we shouldn't try to live in peace with all peoples. My BIL is very liberal in most things, but not in this....he believes that we have to face the reality of terrorism. That there are a whole bunch of people who really do believe that our way of life is an affront to Allah, and to please Allah they need to rid the world of us. That is a fact... what isn't so clear is how to deal with it. No one WANTS war. I don't believe that at all. But some think that fighting it now over there is better than waiting, while some think it would have been better to leave it alone or to get out now before it gets worse. I don't know the correct answer or even if there is one. I do try to respect all debate and opinions and acknowledge that there is no easy answer. I hope that others will give the same respect.

Tom, you don't have to accept my apology on anyone's behalf. I didn't call anyone names that I recall. Does this mean that you are an atheist and somehow you have the power to forgive people? Don't even start with me calling people names. I have seen and read on this forum the name calling and rude remarks! I spent a few hours reading through posts of the "worst thing people have called fat people" and then read through posts of those same people bad mouthing Bush and Christians and anyone who didn't particularly agree with that person's point of view! I don't count you (since I wouldn't know you if I tripped over you) as someone I would have to come to for forgiveness thank you!

Bush deserves it-fat people do not.

One more thought....

I found an old pre-WWII Life magazine that I thought was very interesting. There were a lot of articles in it about the war in Europe, and all the debate in the U.S. about whether to get involved. I found it interesting that the (Democratic) president was for it, and many others (including a lot of Republicans) were against it. Many of the same arguments for and against sounded like the ones being used today.... It brought to mind the old expression, "the more things change, the more they stay the same".

Interesting, no?

I understand why a lot of people are against the Iraq war, but I can't understand why those same people don't give the same consideration to the people who think it is necessary.

Bloomin'...

This thread is about more than just the war in Iraq. It's about George Bush and whether (or not) he deserves the title, Worst American President in History.

I admit that I am a rabid Bush Basher. I think he is the Anti-Christ. I think he is the most arrogant SOB to ever hold office and I wouldn't vote for him if he was running for dog catcher. He has lied to the American public, although I must admit, we should be used to that by now. I think most of them (US Presidents) lied to us. At least when Clinton lied, nobody died.

Bush didn't cheat on his wife (as far as we know). Good for him. But I'd rather that than what he has done to the country. As bad as it might sound, I don't really care about the whole adultery thing. After all, I don't even know Laura.

But I absolutely understand if you feel differently.

There was no joining of forces between Sadam Hussein and Bin Laden to bring about 9/11. They despised one another. In fact, we have probably done more to unite the Muslims than anyone else.

Bloom: Carlene is right. We've done more to unify and cause radical Muslims to join forces around the world than we have done to help the Iraqi people. I don't buy the whole argument that we'd rather fight them over there than on our own shores. It isn't a war that we should be fighting at all. We need to deal with terrorists as terrorists. They are not a country. There will always be terrorists. Have you read the news today?

People talk about how there have been no terrorist attacks since we went into Iraq. That's a convenient cop-out. It takes time for them to plan, train and carry out their attacks. Don't make the mistake of thinking they are deterred by our presence in Iraq. They are plotting and planning as we speak. We're so busy in Iraq, we will probably not know what happened when they hit us next. But it will probably go a long way in electing someone like Rudy because he'll be running on what a great, strong leader he is in a crisis. Sometimes we act like lemmings.

Bloomin'...

This thread is about more than just the war in Iraq. It's about George Bush and whether (or not) he deserves the title, Worst American President in History.

I admit that I am a rabid Bush Basher. I think he is the Anti-Christ. I think he is the most arrogant SOB to ever hold office and I wouldn't vote for him if he was running for dog catcher. He has lied to the American public, although I must admit, we should be used to that by now. I think most of them (US Presidents) lied to us. At least when Clinton lied, nobody died.

Bush didn't cheat on his wife (as far as we know). Good for him. But I'd rather that than what he has done to the country. As bad as it might sound, I don't really care about the whole adultery thing. After all, I don't even know Laura.

But I absolutely understand if you feel differently.

There was no joining of forces between Sadam Hussein and Bin Laden to bring about 9/11. They despised one another. In fact, we have probably done more to unite the Muslims than anyone else.

Wow Carlene!! Bush the Anti-Christ? And calling his mother names! I thought it was "no morals" Clinton who was the Anti-Christ! You know, the nation's sex education coordinator for K-12, among other things!

To be the anti-Christ, you must do a whole lot of bad stuff. You must do much harm to many people. You must lie, cheat and steal. You must be responsible for killing and mahem. You must be greedy. You must present yourself as good but have a really black inner-core. I think that's why Carlene made her choice.

Actually, according to the Bible prophecies. Bush doesn't fit the bill for THE anti-christ. He was born in America, for starters. He's also not a very cunning, brilliant speaker who brings hope to the world.

You're right, Leatha. George Bush is not smart enough to qualify as the Anti-Christ.

Carlene, I hope you know that I was not making that assumption. I was only making the point that terrorists are everywhere, and that Saddam was not an innocent party to the murders of Jews and to American interests. As for uniting the Muslims--- yes, we have probably done that to a certain extent, but it is impossible to know how many would have hated us anyway, due to the long-time teachings of radical clerics and to the spread of Hezbollah and Hamas who hate all things "Jewish" and consider any friend of Israel as their enemy. It is a crap shoot, and I wouldn't know how anyone could determine the correct answer.

Bloom: Carlene is right. We've done more to unify and cause radical Muslims to join forces around the world than we have done to help the Iraqi people. I don't buy the whole argument that we'd rather fight them over there than on our own shores. It isn't a war that we should be fighting at all. We need to deal with terrorists as terrorists. They are not a country. There will always be terrorists. Have you read the news today?

People talk about how there have been no terrorist attacks since we went into Iraq. That's a convenient cop-out. It takes time for them to plan, train and carry out their attacks. Don't make the mistake of thinking they are deterred by our presence in Iraq. They are plotting and planning as we speak. We're so busy in Iraq, we will probably not know what happened when they hit us next. But it will probably go a long way in electing someone like Rudy because he'll be running on what a great, strong leader he is in a crisis. Sometimes we act like lemmings.

BJean, I answered this in my post just made to Carlene. No one can really know what is the correct way to deal with terrorists. We did nothing much in the 90s because Clinton treated each attack as a "court" issue, not a "war" issue. That obviously didn't work, hence: 9/11. Now we are treating everything on a "war" basis.... maybe this won't work, either. I don't believe we can just wait for things to happen to us, maybe you do. This is a debatable issue. I don't think we are "lemmings" for agreeing with our leader. We can't ALL act, we have to have someone act for us. As long as our leader was elected, we should trust them until we see that they don't deserve that trust, while keeping in mind that they see issues, evidence and problems in far more depth than we do or can. Bush apparently has never had your trust; he still does have mine. I am not a lemming or brain-dead, just as I would never consider you that for voting differently. But until I can be President and see all that ours does, I have to hope and pray that ours is doing the best he can do, and that goes for all presidents, regardless of political party.