Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

The only way you can run for president is if you are a natural- born American citizen.

On the bright side, if Osama isn't a citizen of this country by virtue of his birth, the Republicans have been wanting to change that law so maybe they will and he can run whether he's a naturalized or native-born American.

The only way you can run for president is if you are a natural- born American citizen.

On the bright side, if Osama isn't a citizen of this country by virtue of his birth,

Huh? I'm confused. I assume you're referring to my question as to whether or not he was Muslim. You can be Muslim and also a natural-born American. It's a religion, not a nationality.

Doh! I read through a few posts and got confused. I'm sure I've made a mistake another time but I can't remember when.

I would have been really surprised if anyone here didn't know that.

Doh! I read through a few posts and got confused. I'm sure I've made a mistake another time but I can't remember when.

LOL! That reminds me of that old joke: "I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken." :D

I'm new to this forum, and I hope I'm not hated for posting this.....but I agree with most of the world that we should not have invaded Iraq. The unfortunate thing is, we're there now and there isn't any sign of leaving any time soon. Same with Afghanistan. Trust me, I know because I've been there. I've spoken with the local people and they are so glad the US and other coalition forces are there because what you don't hear on the news is that there really is good going on. Our soldiers really are helping to re-build these poor poor countries by building schools, educating teachers and children, and building homes. These people are being able to slowly get themselves back up after extreemists came in and distroyed their lives.Their economy is raising too! You don't hear of all the good things these soldiers are doing...the media only wants to put the bad things out about the President and this war. But you wanna know who does like OUR President? The local people of Kandahar Afghanistan! I don't know how many times I was told by them how thankful President Bush came to help them from the Taliban. Actually, he's FINALLY asking for money to be sent to Afghanistan...he spent TOO much money on Iraq, and hardly anything on Afghanistan and yet, soldiers are dying every day there too, but ofcourse, you don't hear about it because Iraq is the main focus. The Taliban and Osama was the main reason we were sent over in that direction after 9/11....shoulda stayed that way, in my opinion. Perhaps we'd have Osama by now. WHICH also reminds me, Pakistan, we finally bombed out some schools at the border of the country...where even the locals in Kandahar knew and informed us of al Qaeta Camps were there, which means Pakistan has been harboring taliban!!

okay..I think I said all I wanted it. As you can tell, I'm kinda on the wire about everything. I've seen it first hand...I know the good we're doing in AFghanistan....and they are doing the same in Iraq.

mellove: Thank God we are doing some good in those countries. Your story is like many I've heard from our service personnel who have been there, as well as news reports from various embedded journalists. The media doesn't just report the bad stuff, but having been there, you may be more sensitive to the bad stuff.

I don't think that anyone protests the good things that we are doing in Afghanistan or Iraq. I think we all wish that we could do even more for them.

I haven't read any posts here or talked with anyone who feels that we shouldn't have gone into Afghanistan. Iraq, like you said, is a completely different story.

Americans have a right to feel disappointment and outrage at the war in Iraq and what it has done to this country and many, many Americans.

I'm new to this forum, and I hope I'm not hated for posting this.....but I agree with most of the world that we should not have invaded Iraq. The unfortunate thing is, we're there now and there isn't any sign of leaving any time soon. Same with Afghanistan. Trust me, I know because I've been there. I've spoken with the local people and they are so glad the US and other coalition forces are there because what you don't hear on the news is that there really is good going on. Our soldiers really are helping to re-build these poor poor countries by building schools, educating teachers and children, and building homes. These people are being able to slowly get themselves back up after extreemists came in and distroyed their lives.Their economy is raising too! You don't hear of all the good things these soldiers are doing...the media only wants to put the bad things out about the President and this war. But you wanna know who does like OUR President? The local people of Kandahar Afghanistan! I don't know how many times I was told by them how thankful President Bush came to help them from the Taliban. Actually, he's FINALLY asking for money to be sent to Afghanistan...he spent TOO much money on Iraq, and hardly anything on Afghanistan and yet, soldiers are dying every day there too, but ofcourse, you don't hear about it because Iraq is the main focus. The Taliban and Osama was the main reason we were sent over in that direction after 9/11....shoulda stayed that way, in my opinion. Perhaps we'd have Osama by now. WHICH also reminds me, Pakistan, we finally bombed out some schools at the border of the country...where even the locals in Kandahar knew and informed us of al Qaeta Camps were there, which means Pakistan has been harboring taliban!!

okay..I think I said all I wanted it. As you can tell, I'm kinda on the wire about everything. I've seen it first hand...I know the good we're doing in AFghanistan....and they are doing the same in Iraq.

I agree with 90% of what you said, except why would you expect the news to cover all the good things?

During the 35 years that I was an aircraft mechanic, once I had five straight years of perfect attendance, including never being late once. It never made the news, but one day, one of our planes crashed and its story was in every paper for months.

Yes, our troops have done wonders in Afghanistan, but they need help. BuSh pulled troops out of Afghanistan to invade Iraq in 2003. He is going to pull a battalion out again for the Iraqi troop escalation this year.

I hope some of the Taliban or Al-Qaida terrorists can find away to get to New Orleans. Maybe then we can get that city rebuilt.

Just before I moved from Brooklyn in 2003, there was a story about them opening up a new firehouse in an Iraqi city. On the next page, there was a story about them closing 5 firehouses in Brooklyn because the Federal government was no longer giving the local governments money. When a citizen of Brooklyn dies because a war in Iraq is causing our country to go bankrupt, there is a disconnect. Charity begins at home. The rebuilding we have done in Iraq is being done over and over as we knock it down, build it up, knock it down, build it up...

And yes, Pakistan harbors our enemies. But if BuSh pushed for Democratic elections in Pakistan, we would lose Pakistan as our ally.

Did anyone hear the rumor that Obama is a Muslim or used to be? I heard it from a friend but I don't have any details. This friend also said his middle name is Hussein. Looking for anyone who's heard anything about it.

He did attend a Muslim school for two years while living with his family in Indonesia. He wasn't a Muslim from what I read, it was just the best school in the area at the time. I think he was about nine or ten.

He attends a Christian Church now. Let me look for a link...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

There are more out there.

Bottom line, from everything I've read, this rumor is nothing more then an attempt to smear him by playing on fear.

Early on in this discussion I said that Osama and Hillary probably couldn't get elected in 2008. The things that have been brought out here make me more convinced, not less. Maybe that will change. We'll just have to watch it unfold.

Only WASP's have the right to be President of the USA.

The voting public only made one mistake in the 230 years of electing presidents and look what happened, JFK a WASRC almost got us into a war with the Soviet Union and then got himself killed.:)

When will we learn not to mess with the Rx for proper American government?:help:

Europeans fear US attack on Iran as nuclear row intensifies

· Transatlantic rift emerges over how to handle crisis

· America builds up its naval forces in the Gulf

Europeans fear US attack on Iran as nuclear row intensifies

· Transatlantic rift emerges over how to handle crisis

· America builds up its naval forces in the Gulf

Ian Traynor in Brussels and Jonathan Steele

Wednesday January 31, 2007

Senior European policy-makers are increasingly worried that the US administration will resort to air strikes against Iran to try to destroy its suspect nuclear programme.

As transatlantic friction over how to deal with the Iranian impasse intensifies, there are fears in European capitals that the nuclear crisis could come to a head this year because of US frustration with Russian stalling tactics at the UN security council. "The clock is ticking," said one European official. "Military action has come back on to the table more seriously than before. The language in the US has changed."

As the Americans continue their biggest naval build-up in the Gulf since the start of the Iraq war four years ago, a transatlantic rift is opening up on several important aspects of the Iran dispute.

The Bush administration will shortly publish a dossier of charges of alleged Iranian subversion in Iraq. "Iran has steadily ramped up its activity in Iraq in the last three to four months. This applies to the scope and pace of their operations. You could call these brazen activities," a senior US official said in London yesterday.

Although the Iranians were primarily in Shia areas, they were not confined to them, the US source said, implying that they had formed links with Sunni insurgents and were helping them with booby-trap bombs aimed at Iraqi and US forces, new versions of the "improvised explosive devices".

Senior members of the US Congress have raised concerns that the US will attack Iran in retaliation for its alleged activities in Iraq. The official said there were no plans for "cross-border operations" from Iraq to Iran. But he said: "We don't want a progressively more confident and bolder Iran ... The perception that Iran is ascendant in the region and that there are no limits to what Iran can do - that's what is destabilising."

The Americans and Europeans have sought to maintain a common front on the nuclear issue for the past 30 months, with the European troika of Britain, France and Germany running failed negotiations with the Iranians and the Americans tacitly supporting them.

But diplomats in Brussels and those dealing with the dispute in Vienna say a fissure has opened up between the US and western Europe on three crucial aspects - the military option; how and how quickly to hit Iran with economic sanctions already decreed by the UN security council; and how to deal with Russian opposition to action against Iran through the security council.

"There's anxiety everywhere you turn," said a diplomat familiar with the work of the International Atomic Energy Agency in Vienna. "The Europeans are very concerned the shit could hit the fan."

A US navy battle group of seven vessels was steaming towards the Gulf yesterday from the Red Sea, part of a deployment of 50 US ships, including two aircraft carriers, expected in the area in weeks.

"No path is envisaged by the EU other than the UN path," the EU's foreign policy chief, Javier Solana, told the Guardian yesterday. "The priority for all of us is that Iran complies with UN security council resolutions."

The IAEA chief, Mohamed ElBaradei, called at the weekend for a "timeout" in the worsening confrontation in an attempt to enable both sides to save face and climb down. But the Americans rejected the proposal and European officials involved in the dispute also believe the Iranians cannot be trusted to stick to a deal.

Despite recurring tensions on the Middle East between the US and France, the French are the most hawkish of the Europeans on Iran and are said to back a US drive to tighten the noose on Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

The populist and recalcitrant leader is perceived to have been weakened recently, in part because of a mishandling of the nuclear row. "One group of western countries thinks it's a good time to step up the pressure on Ahmadinejad. All options are on the table. Others are worried we might be stumbling into a war," said another diplomat familiar with the dispute.

Thanks TOM. I'll sure sleep well tonight. Honestly when you were young did you ever think you would see the day that an American President would get away with what Shrub has? I thought we had too many checks and balances and too many intelligent people to ever have something like this happen again.