Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

Sunta, I am WITH YOU!! After this last thing with John Kerry sticking his foot in his mouth, it literally makes my stomach turn to hear GWB saying something to the effect that "anyone in a position to lead people should understand the power of language" -- this from the person who used the word CRUSADE back in 2001. That was the single most inflammatory word he could have chosen, and it took way too long to wipe it from his mouth. And who seems to redefine the phrase "stay the course" as suits his whim. And who doesn't care that he repeatedly mispronounces the word "nuclear" when the entire world is listening.

The Dixie Chicks had it right--we should ALL be embarrassed that he comes from ANYWHERE in the U.S. It's a horrible reflection on this whole country and it will be decades before the damage is repaired.

BTW, anyone read the recent Rolling Stone story by Matt Taibbi about Congress? Now that will make you want to vote!!

another of my favorites, his version of the word NUKELEAR, what an ass, the longer he'sin office the more I think he might be the Anti Christ we've all heard so much about. Think about it :cry

Yup and which thread was it where someone pointed out what a great education he has?

I keep reading posts by Republicans who are upset by all the Bush bashing. It is so darned easy to bash the man. Who can resist?

Maybe more Republicans don't enter into the political fray here because other than saying they support Republican political policies, how can they possibly cite good things that the man himself has accomplished?

I get surprised everytime I read a pro-Bush post. I can understand people who have right-wing leanings, but I can't understand how people can be aware of Dubya's failings and still say what a great man he is. Oh well, vive la differance! It's what makes the world go 'round, right?

BJean, I agree, I appreciate our differences, always gives you something to consider. I'm so greatful we're all free to have and voice our own opinions :clap2: even the opinions I don't agree with!

As much as I'm sure that Hillary could do a fine job, I'm convinced that the rabid Hillary-haters would do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G to keep that from happening. AND, Barak is still relatively inexperienced.

My mom lives in a senior development that has thousands of older people living there. They smile. They go to church on Sunday. And most of them would NEVER vote for a woman or a black man for president.

I agree....but wish it were otherwise. A Clinton/Obhama ticket would insure the biggest landslide victory we've ever seen....for the Republican party.

I agree....but wish it were otherwise. A Clinton/Obhama ticket would insure the biggest landslide victory we've ever seen....for the Republican party.

Carlene, every time I tell anyone I fear Hillary Clinton or Omhama running, they look at me like I'm insane (as they know what a liberal Dem and feminist I am) and I have to explain to them why I feel that way. You said it best. I want a Dem in office and if either of them run, it will ensure a Republican victory. Unfortunately the reality is that America is not ready for a Black or female president. It's sad, but true. If only it weren't that way I would be so happy. Canada is looking better to me all the time...

If this new Democratic Congress doesn't push thru a bill to approve negotiated bulk pricing of drugs for the Medicare Part D plan, I am going to be soooooooooo pissed. There is just no good reason not to allow it. If it's good enough for our Vets, it's good enough for everyone else!

Carlene, every time I tell anyone I fear Hillary Clinton or Omhama running, they look at me like I'm insane (as they know what a liberal Dem and feminist I am) and I have to explain to them why I feel that way. You said it best. I want a Dem in office and if either of them run, it will ensure a Republican victory. Unfortunately the reality is that America is not ready for a Black or female president. It's sad, but true. If only it weren't that way I would be so happy. Canada is looking better to me all the time...

Well, thank you kindly from a Canuck. It is true that this country's centre lies to the left of the Democrats. And you might be amused and amazed to learn that it was a Baptist preacher from our Bible Belt who was the guiding force behind the successful push for universal health care. You might also be amazed to learn that our current conservative and pro-Bush minority government has just dismantled the income trust programme up here. By doing so the government has cost the "haves" a lot of cash but they deemed that it was healthier for the economy in the long run. By doing this they have alienated a lot of voters.

I am learning a lot from all of you who participate on these "controversial" threads. It now seems to me that the Canadian government is much less controlled by business interests. Perhaps this is because we are a much, much younger nation. Or perhaps this is because we still have strong British/European ties and so find ourselves following the British style of doing things. You may or may not know that we still have the Queen on our cash.

Our constitution/Charter of Human Rights is less than 30 years old, I believe, but it is a Charter that purports to safeguard the rights of minorities. Canada is a very, very young nation and it is still a nation of immigrants. (My own parents were immigrants.) The assumption behind this Charter is that majorities can look after themselves just fine. Homosexuals, a minority, are now granted the right to marry under the provisions of our constitution/Charter.

This is, for what it's worth, a brief explanation of Canada. We do have some Americans who move here. In fact there is an interesting blog, wemovetocanada, I think it is called, which is the diary of a New York couple who move to Canada. Of course there is many more of us who move southward. There are many former Canucks in Hollywood and Green's own brother lives in Virginia. I've often said that bad Americans get reborn as Canadians! Remember that we have the weather from Hell!

If this new Democratic Congress doesn't push thru a bill to approve negotiated bulk pricing of drugs for the Medicare Part D plan, I am going to be soooooooooo pissed. There is just no good reason not to allow it. If it's good enough for our Vets, it's good enough for everyone else!

Well, this would be b*ll$hit! You and others should mobilize yourselves on a grassroots level to see if you can bring about change. At the very least, you should be able to embarass big pharmacy.

Well, this would be b*ll$hit! You and others should mobilize yourselves on a grassroots level to see if you can bring about change. At the very least, you should be able to embarass big pharmacy.

Pharmaceutical companies reported huge record profits after less than one year of Medicare Part D. Imagine that!

Edited to add...

And oil company profits have SOARED since Bush took office. But of course some fool will come along and claim that this is all Clinton's fault because the economy "adjusts" itself every 8 years. It sure as hell does! That's about the frequency with which we elect Republicans and their fat cat, big business bed buddies to the Presidency!

You all are saying that American isn't ready for a female or black president. I think you may be protesting too much. Maybe YOU"RE not really ready for that scenario.

We have a couple of years to continue to mature, and to watch all the potential candidates' posturing. We can listen to their speeches and we can make a fair judgement call about who from the Democratic party can best lead this country. If we are starting already to say aloud, over and over, that Americans aren't ready for a black or a woman in the presidency, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Perhaps if we talk and act like a woman or a black person can and should be our president, maybe that could be the self-fulfilling prophecy instead.

You all are saying that American isn't ready for a female or black president. I think you may be protesting too much. Maybe YOU"RE not really ready for that scenario.

We have a couple of years to continue to mature, and to watch all the potential candidates' posturing. We can listen to their speeches and we can make a fair judgement call about who from the Democratic party can best lead this country. If we are starting already to say aloud, over and over, that Americans aren't ready for a black or a woman in the presidency, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Perhaps if we talk and act like a woman or a black person can and should be our president, maybe that could be the self-fulfilling prophecy instead.

I have absolutely no problem with a black or female (or both!) president. If a qualified, conservative, Republican candidate runs, I'll be the first to vote for her!

I have absolutely no problem with a black or female (or both!) president. If a qualified, conservative, Republican candidate runs, I'll be the first to vote for her!

Nominate Rice.....I dare you.

Not ready???? I am sooooooooo ready for a female president. As for a black president....who cares what color he is?

My mother-in-law is a die-hard, lifelong Republican. She voted for JFK because he was Catholic. There is no accounting for the way people vote.