Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

I will have to change my standing on which party i vote for when Hillary runs. I will be volunteering for her campaign. I will do everything one person can do to see she gets into office.

Telly: I am so happy to hear women be vocal about supporting Hillary. So many women do not support other women. It may have to do with hormones, but it really chaps me. Especially when it's a woman who is so concerned about the welfare of her fellow Americans and is willing to put her a$$ on the line to do something about it.

I would definitely be willing to volunteer for her campaign. And I haven't done that in years.

I do disagree a little on the capabilities of Bill though. I believe it is an honerable man, and a brilliant man, except for when he turns his thinking over to his "little" head. After all, he IS a man.

I think Bill Clinton is very smart and ran his own office. I think Hillary is very smart, but won't be able to get the Democrats to rally around her for President. I do think that Obama would make a great President and would be the first black President.

Remember what happened when Hillary led the health reform? They practically lynched her. Different standards for men and women. Remember when Ferraro ran for VP? I think we will see a black president before a woman president.

Hmmmm Barbara, good point.

BJean you are right. Clinton was a great president, whether he ran it or not...he was indeed my kinda guy. A president for the people kinda guy.

Though I am a minority..though I am partially African American decent and though I was very happy to see G. Wilder as the first elected Black Governor for Virginia...I will 100% vote Hillary in as a very capable, very upstanding American Citizen that could turn this country back around where it was when they left office, and better. Hillary 2008!

Barbara they sure did practically lynch Hillary over her wanting to study and then make some health care reforms. Turned out that she was so very, very right!! The Republicans put their usual spin on it and made everyone think she wanted socialized medicine. She didn't even get a chance to do the studies and present a case. She's a woman that is possibly ahead of her time. I certainly hope that isn't the case! If she runs (did I say IF?) I hope she will be elected.

Did you see the percentage she won re-election to the Senate last night? When I went to bed, she was whuppin' her opponent badly. That happened because she has served New York well. New Yorkers sure aren't afraid to back a woman if she's a smart and effective Senator.

Obama would make an outstanding Vice President on a Hillary Clinton ticket!!

Now I'm reading the Bush lied about keeping Rumsfeld on. For political gain. It's getting a big mindboggling.

And this from him:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/08/election.main/index.html

"The message yesterday was clear: The American people want their leaders in Washington to set aside partisan differences, conduct ourselves in an ethical manner and work together to address the challenges facing our nation."”

Really, he didn't know before yesterday that we want our leader to be ethical and address the challenges facing the nation?!

This is how desperate people are to get rid of the Republicans...

Updated: 10:41 a.m. CT Nov 8, 2006

PIERRE, S.D. - A woman who died two months ago won a county commissioner's race in Jerauld County on Tuesday.

Democrat Marie Steichen, of Woonsocket, got 100 votes, defeating incumbent Republican Merlin Feistner, of Woonsocket, who had 64 votes.

Jerauld County Auditor Cindy Peterson said she believes the county board will have to meet to appoint a replacement for Steichen. Peterson said she'll check with the state's attorney to be sure that's the process.

Peterson said voters knew Steichen had died.

"They just had a chance to make a change, and we respect their opinion."

As much as I'm sure that Hillary could do a fine job, I'm convinced that the rabid Hillary-haters would do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G to keep that from happening. AND, Barak is still relatively inexperienced.

My mom lives in a senior development that has thousands of older people living there. They smile. They go to church on Sunday. And most of them would NEVER vote for a woman or a black man for president. They still engage in OLD-THINK...and they still vote. Even their condo boards are dominated by male presidents and female secretaries. These people, added to the rabid anti-Hillary folks, I'm thinking it's a loss for a while longer.

My mom's neighbors were mostly born in the first quarter of the last century...they know what they know and they aren't going around looking for more stuff to know.

What's John Edwards doing?

North of the border there were two parties of ex-pats on election night in my city who got reported on in the local news. A gang of democrats were drinking beer and watching the election coverage on television in a pub and in a downtown posh bar a collection of Republicans were drinking "Republican red" wine and likewise watching the coverage.

The next day a columnist in our national conservative newspaper complained that it is impossible to find books written by conservative pundits in bookstores and in libraries in this country. She is undoubtedly correct on this score.

The problem I have with Hillary running is Im afraid that what happened in the Texas Gubernatorial race will happen. If she gets the party nomination there will be another male democrat (who doesnt think a woman should be president) run as an independent against her and cause the democrats to split their vote therby allowing the republican candidate to win. As far as our country has come there are STILL people who will not vote for a woman even though she is a qualified candidate. I also wonder how well a female president will work in the relations with the middle east with their views on women. How will she get any of them to side with her or listen to her when they think so little of women. Im just not sure the world is ready... Will they take us seriously with a woman as leader of the most powerful nation in the world??

Will they take us seriously with a woman as leader of the most powerful nation in the world??

We already rule "the most powerful nation in the world". The men just don't know it. Shhhhhhhhhh

It's 2006 for crying out loud.....I can't believe you are worried about what others will think of a woman being in charge of the white house!

If the truth be known the Middle East and their leaders have no respect for ANY Americans anyway......whether they are men or women, black or white!

Are ya'll too young to remember Golda Meir? She was fabulous and brilliant and had the respect of most of the world. And Indira Ghandi? And there are others who have been wonderful, wonderful leaders. It can be done and it should be done. I too have my doubts that it will be done though. IF Americans, men and women alike, are sucked in by the negative spin again, we will all be losers again.

That's why talking about it now and working toward that goal now is very important. If enough momentum is gathered, many of the things you all seem to think are insurmountable can be handled and overcome.