Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

George Bush: Worst American president in history

I have heard and read that quite a few of the Republicans who wield power in the BuSh administration and also those who give advice and/or are the biggest supporters of the neo-con policies of the BuSh administration, including members of PNAC have dual US/Israeli citizenship.

Correct me if I'm wrong (like you wouldn't....LOL), but I thought the US did not recognize dual citizenship.

I know it recognizes limited dual citizenship (with select countries vs. any country). At least that's what we were told about 8 months ago when my husband looked into dual citizenship. He had not pursued American citizenship because he didn't want to forfeit his national citizenship.

I know it recognizes limited dual citizenship (with select countries vs. any country). At least that's what we were told about 8 months ago when my husband looked into dual citizenship. He had not pursued American citizenship because he didn't want to forfeit his national citizenship.

Sorry....what I meant to say was I thought the US did not recognize dual citizenship of its own citizens. If you are born in the US and want to become a citizen of Great Britain, you have to renounce your US citizenship. But if you were born in Britain, since it recognizes dual citizenship, you can become a US citizen and NOT renounce your allegiance to the UK. I think it depends on where you were born. That's the country that gets to say "yes" or "no".

Yes I wasn't saying that people that do not believe in God or Higher Power or Jesus Christ were not important. I was saying that this double standard of being "christian", the moral majority, etc. excludes a lot of people who should have a say as well. It doesn't make them any less important. That was what my post meant.

I have been wondering, like you, what happens if once again the exit polls show that the Democratic party wins while the election results go to the Republicans. If we don't do something, and I mean in important numbers of us, we should all be horse whipped.

As if exit polls reflect the actual number of votes. PLEASE!! If that's the case, why don't we take a poll today and see who wins. Seems to me that this philosophy shows that democrats have a hard time accepting defeat. Let's blame it on the exit polls....surely THEY were correct.

To compare America today to Nazi Germany is ludichrist and demeaning to the lives and memories of every person who suffer at the hands of madman who truely deserves to be compared to the anti christ.

Absolutely Nora!! You are right on with your analogy.

Of course not. I am saying that it is a shame that people will vote for Republicans, not knowing this information, because FOX news never mentioned it.

Gosh, I LOVE this. I am voting REPUBLICAN tomorrow and proud of it. I also know that FOX NEWS/O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, & other great REPUBLICANS are the best thing to happen in television/radio. They offer a balanced approach to the news rather than the liberal view we've been stuck with for many years. I, for one, enjoy hearing the truth and not just want the media decides I should know.

On another note T.O.M., I sure hope your not arrested, tried, & executed as a "Enemy Combatant". Imagine how the REPUBLICANS would just take over the world. He he, can you hear me laughing?

GO REPUBLICANS ~ BEAT THE DEMOCRATS!!

This is for all you Kerry fans:

Dear John

Here is a pic of a grup of us hoo need ur hlp.

A bunch of dum jarheads.

sausmas.bmp

post-208113-13813134265668_thumb.jpg

GO REPUBLICANS ~ BEAT THE DEMOCRATS!!

You hit on something that's been bugging me for a while about politics, that being that it seems to have become a sporting event. It's about which side "wins".

I definitely agree. To be honest, I don't vote straight party line. I do my research and vote for the best candidate. I have voted for many decomcrats during my voting career. Not all REPUBLICANS are in line with my values. I really did that to have a little fun. I hope it can bring a smile and diffuse some of the tension.

I definitely agree. To be honest, I don't vote straight party line. I do my research and vote for the best candidate. I have voted for many decomcrats during my voting career. Not all REPUBLICANS are in line with my values. I really did that to have a little fun. I hope it can bring a smile and diffuse some of the tension.

I can accept the joke in the manner that it was intended. The sign is funny. But politics is dirty.

As if exit polls reflect the actual number of votes. PLEASE!! If that's the case, why don't we take a poll today and see who wins. Seems to me that this philosophy shows that democrats have a hard time accepting defeat. Let's blame it on the exit polls....surely THEY were correct.
If you have HBO, please watch "Hacking Democracy". In it they mention that some Democrats benefitted from vote manipulation, though Republicans benefitted more often.

But I would like to hear an explanation of how one county in Florida gave Al Gore minus 16,022 votes.

When I have asked some Republicans I know, they ask me about the dead people who voted in Chicago in the 1960's. That may or may not have happened, though there was not enough definative proof to build a case.

BUT HOW DO YOU GET MINUS 16,022 VOTES?

Sorry....what I meant to say was I thought the US did not recognize dual citizenship of its own citizens. If you are born in the US and want to become a citizen of Great Britain, you have to renounce your US citizenship. But if you were born in Britain, since it recognizes dual citizenship, you can become a US citizen and NOT renounce your allegiance to the UK. I think it depends on where you were born. That's the country that gets to say "yes" or "no".

that's right - my mom became a US citizen; the UK still recognises her as a citizen of the UK...just as one of my best friends in the whole world was born here and has dual US/ISraeli citizenship...and the reason there are some Jews who love the neo-co0ns is b/c the neocons support Israel to the nth degree - thinking that their support will somehow bring about the Christian messiah...(that's my jewish understanding of it...)

that's right - my mom became a US citizen; the UK still recognises her as a citizen of the UK...just as one of my best friends in the whole world was born here and has dual US/ISraeli citizenship...and the reason there are some Jews who love the neo-co0ns is b/c the neocons support Israel to the nth degree - thinking that their support will somehow bring about the Christian messiah...(that's my jewish understanding of it...)
You are 100% right.

I have seen both "60 Minutes" and "NightLine" do programs on the USA's religous right's funding of the most far right Israeli political party. The religous right believes that the first step toward "Judgement Day" is Israel taking back the disputed land from the Palisinians.

The believe that in the 7 year war that will follow the rejoining of Israel that 2/3 of the Israelis will be slaughtered and 1/3 will become Christians. The Jewish party leaders accepting the money say they will take the money and reunite Israel, but Jesus is not coming.

The leaders of the USA's religous right movement financing Israel claims that they are doing God's work.

I can accept the joke in the manner that it was intended. The sign is funny. But politics is dirty.

If you have HBO, please watch "Hacking Democracy". In it they mention that some Democrats benefitted from vote manipulation, though Republicans benefitted more often.

But I would like to hear an explanation of how one county in Florida gave Al Gore minus 16,022 votes.

When I have asked some Republicans I know, they ask me about the dead people who voted in Chicago in the 1960's. That may or may not have happened, though there was not enough definative proof to build a case.

BUT HOW DO YOU GET MINUS 16,022 VOTES?

We don't have HBO although my DW wants to get it since some of the new season premiers are coming. Sounds to me like this show exposes the truth that, like you said, politics are dirty. I don't care if your democrat or republican. I said it before on this thread, it's a matter of the lesser of 2 evils.

I've heard you mention the minus votes previously. Don't think an explanation will ever come at this late date. Does a dead person's vote count as a minus? I am thankful Bush came out the winner, but the entire thing was a huge fiasco....hanging chads and everything else that went along with it.

I've been hearing more about those dead voters lately. I guess that is why they are requiring the state/gov't issued ID's. Like everything else, there is a loop hole. You can request a ballot by mail and you DO NOT need an ID. I spoke directly with our local voting dept and the deadline to request a mail ballot was last week. In other words, you can still be deceased and cast your vote. This is definitely something that needs attention for the sake of all of us.

GET OUT & VOTE PEOPLE!!

Maybe I'll offer money for each REPUBLICAN vote.....hmmm. Wait, I may get the NSA on my tail if I do that. :thankyou:

PALADIN: Glad you found your (and Nora's) sense of humor here. Discussing politics can really grate on some people's nerves. For others of us it is enlightening to read other viewpoints. I am extremely tired of TV election coverage commentators defining things for me. I would much prefer that they just report the news. Like am I the only one who learned about all of the disenfranchised black voters in St. Louis? Well I didn't learn that from the TV news... I learned it from some of the disenfranchised people themselves.

And btw, why have exit polls always been a good predictor of election outcomes in the past but not in the last 2 elections? Things that make you go, hmmmm.

PALADIN: Glad you found your (and Nora's) sense of humor here. Discussing politics can really grate on some people's nerves. For others of us it is enlightening to read other viewpoints. I am extremely tired of TV election coverage commentators defining things for me. I would much prefer that they just report the news. Like am I the only one who learned about all of the disenfranchised black voters in St. Louis? Well I didn't learn that from the TV news... I learned it from some of the disenfranchised people themselves.

And btw, why have exit polls always been a good predictor of election outcomes in the past but not in the last 2 elections? Things that make you go, hmmmm.

Trust me, I had my sense of humor long before this thread and I will have it long after this thread dies. Not sure what Nora has to do with your statement....maybe something I missed? :thankyou: I do take politics serious and if I didn't I wouldn't vote, wouldn't study the candidates, & wouldn't be wasting my time on this thread. It is great to hear different points of view. I have been very Enlightened. I trust you have been too. IMO humor allows people (OK, maybe SOME people) to open themselves up to other points of view. If everyone just takes their stand and refuses to share a smile or really listen to others, what's the point? Humor is healthy and will always be a part of my life....I will not apologize for that, but I do feel bad for you if you feel you can't find humor in politics. I love BUSH, yet I have laughed so many times at the stupid things he has said and done. I just love it!!

I'm right there with you on the election coverage. It's in your face while your driving, on the radio, and all over the TV. It will be nice when it's over. I say bring on the "real" news.

Bless your heart if you really believe in exit polls. :love: I hope you find some happiness with the them this year.