Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Begining stage in wls, but so excited!

So excited...im going to my initial seminar this Wednesday!!! There i will make my first appt!! Cant wait!

Seminar went great! I still want the sleeve, didnt change my mind. Made my appointment with the nurse. One question i wish i would have asked ( but im calling insurance tomorrow) is that my insurance pays 100% of labs for wls, but how can they pay if paper work isnt sent to them for all this intill everything is done? Do i pay and they reimburse? Idk but im going for this full speed ahead!!!

Congrats on starting the process, Shaye! Definitely call UHC, but they paid without question for all my labs and the sleep study well before my doc submitted for approval.

Congrats on starting the process' date=' Shaye! Definitely call UHC, but they paid without question for all my labs and the sleep study well before my doc submitted for approval.[/quote']

Did u go to ur primary for labs? I was gonna try and get all that done if possible before my appt with the surgeons nurse practitioner. Kinda speed things up. Do they just automatically pay 100%? Or do u pay anything up front? And what about EKG? Is that covered..or was it for you? Thanks for all your info!

Did u go to ur primary for labs? I was gonna try and get all that done if possible before my appt with the surgeons nurse practitioner. Kinda speed things up. Do they just automatically pay 100%? Or do u pay anything up front? And what about EKG? Is that covered..or was it for you? Thanks for all your info!

My surgeon's office wrote everything, including lab orders, but your primary can write them, too. I'd wait for the surgeon to order them, though, because your primary won't necessarily order everything your surgeon needs (mine needed a total of 9 tests). Insurance paid as they normally would for such things, including the EKG, and my doc actually had to order two of those.

Oh ok, thank you!! Im so exciting and hoping this goes smoothly where i can get the surgery before summer!

Just called uhc...better news than i expected! Insurance pays 90%!!! And NO PRE OP DIET!!!!! Yayyyyy!!

I guess what they require is the 5yr obesity history. That may be a problem since i have not been with my doctor for 5yrs, and the only other doctor i saw was my obgyn. my doc from 2007 probably wont even have my files anymore..if i can remember who that was!

I guess what they require is the 5yr obesity history. That may be a problem since i have not been with my doctor for 5yrs, and the only other doctor i saw was my obgyn. my doc from 2007 probably wont even have my files anymore..if i can remember who that was!

Going to get labs and ekg done tomorrow and picking up my 5yr weight history. Then next wednesday im seeing nut and physical therapist. Gotta watch the online video then i make my appt with the surgeon!!!!!