Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am on day 8 since surgery. I have been doing well with Water and Vitamins, get about 50g Protein. Prior to the surgery I could walk/jog a 10 min mile. Now I find myself out of breath if I walk my daughter to school which is around the block. I get really feverish and tired. My energy level is really low and all I want to do is sleep. Is this normal? I am thinking so, but when does energy pick up and is there anything I can do to boost it?

Feverish? How high?

Mine will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Began getting my energy back once I was switched to moist and mushy (pureed). Before that I was pretty weak.

Not a fever just flushed and hot...reminds me of when I was pregnant (I am so not pregnant though :)

Feverish? How high?

Mine will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Began getting my energy back once I was switched to moist and mushy (pureed). Before that I was pretty weak.

I'm three weeks tomorrow too! What's your best purée food so far? Mine has been to ad pickle juice to the tuna fish and also to add Protein to my vanilla yogurt. Still having altitude trouble getting enough Water and Protein in but not by much. Last two days I've felt what I would relate to a bit of hunger for the first time.

I was exhausted for the first four or five weeks but eventually it came back. Day by day I found I could stay up past 6pm! It's normal. You're pushing too hard. You have just had major surgery and you are not eating right. Give it some time.

Are you getting daily Vitamins? Because nutrients are so small soon after surgery, you should take the multi Vitamin and sublingual B12.< /p>

Ha - I had no idea what the altitude meant! Are you puree-ing your tuna? I haven't had anything like that. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast, Soup for lunch and cottage cheese for dinner. Only 4 oz per meal, though, and I get hungry about 2 hours after eating. I've tried yogurt, but really don't like yogurt. I also will eat the SF puddings - which I enjoy, but try to go with the Protein of the cottage cheese instead.

Ha - I had no idea what the altitude meant! Are you puree-ing your tuna? I haven't had anything like that. I have a Protein shake for breakfast' date=' Soup for lunch and cottage cheese for dinner. Only 4 oz per meal, though, and I get hungry about 2 hours after eating. I've tried yogurt, but really don't like yogurt. I also will eat the SF puddings - which I enjoy, but try to go with the Protein of the cottage cheese instead.[/quote']

I actually don't purée the tuna but I do the canned chicken breast. The tune I just keep chopping it up good and chew well. My Dr is pretty strict and these are on my list.