Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November chat...again....

Oh Pat I hate that when you are coughing so hard, its a scary thing for a bandster. Oh and the coughing and farting ROFLMFAO!!! bet your house keeper thought you were coughing to hide the fart sounds haaaaa !! poor baby. Feel better huh. This summer was insane, but heck, you never know when we'll meet up.

Cindy have a great day zooooooom !!!!!

Well back to cleaning... gotta rest inbetween..the leg/hip still hurts like a bugger.

:)

HI ya all just stopped in. I got alot of pics of the helicoptors but who knows if we saw the Prez. the kids were happy running around and waving. That was so cool cause they were right over our heads. Other than that I need to clean the house. Well gotta Go ~ Kids are into something...

Good afternoon Y'all!

I don't know who had me laughing more, Eileen or Pat!

Just been busy, I try to get on and catch up with all the posts and the next thing I know I am so tired I can't read anymore! I hate this time change, all I want to do is go to bed at 7:00!

Eileen - I hope the back is doing better!

Pat - I still caugh and pee and fart and pee and caugh! Gosh I hate it when I do that! We have had a ton of people at work that is sick with the cold flu stuff, and I have been fighting it for two months now. I sure hope I don't get it. My boss was nice, since they have to come up and relieve me for breaks, she bought me a container of lysol wipes to clean up after they are there! Take some caugh medicine girl and keep those caugh drops in your mouth all the time. Heck, your house keeper probably got the best laugh she had all week! Nope, I didn't take the day off, just try to come on before I leave and when I get home to check out the Jersey thread!

Mary - it must have been exciting for the boys anyway! Glad you got to see them!

Cindy - Don't you just hate it when you lose your posts? It makes me want to scream WTF!

Dang, why is it everytime I get on this computer DH has to have me come in there for something? Now he is calling me to come outside for something. Men, you can't live with them and hate to live without them!

Hello everyone I missed, I'll check back later!

OOOppps I did it again....

I"m going to have to play catch-up later gals as I haven't been on here for days nor was I getting updates etc. When I checked the site was down and sooo it goes :)

Anywho I hope you're all doing well and shrinking and I'll catch up wit ya tomorra hee hee

hugsssssssss

Hiya Goils,

Sherry... catchcha on the rebound :D

Betty, keep washing those hands too. The way you catch colds is airbound but also from people coughing in their hands and touching stuff..ick. A bottle of that instant hand sanitizer is a good thing to have at your desk too. Keep well. Back is better, but the hip is aweful..it'll just take time.

Mary I'm glad the kids had fun... did you take digital pictures? that would be funny if you actually got him looking out the window.

Got a turkey in the oven already and I need to do laundry, some more tidying up AGAIN because you know once DH got home after work yesterday things around here expode..draws open, crap gets thrown all over the place LOLOL !!!!! Oy vey.

Have a groovy day everyone :)

I'm doing my sunday pot roast in the crock. Tomorrow instead of beef stew (with leftovers) I am going to shred it and make beef sandwiches, with swiss cheese. We are having a house guest for a week so I will cook everynight. He actually lives about 30 miles south of here but he is doing some training for work and it is north of us so he stays with us to save the insane commute. It saves him about 2 hours each way in the car each day. It's almost like he isn't here, he comes in eats dinner and crashes in my basement to sleep, he is up and out long before we get up each morning. So basically I have a few more towels to wash and a dinner guest each night for a week. My house is kinda like a frat house in that respect, our friends come here and stay when needed, our door is always open. There is usually food of some kind in the fridge and they all know where towels and such are. We have a friend that lives in FL and we have told him when they come to Iowa to visit family they should drop in for a day or two on their way home. He said, I'll call and make plans, I said nonsense, call and let me know you are on your way, I always have room for friends. So if anyone ever come to Chicago, I have a place for you to stay. I have a fully finished basement, with a beautiful fireplace and private bath. Just let me know....

I managed to rake the back yard today, it's not huge but that is a huge NSV for me. A year ago I would be struggling to breath, this time I raked and came in and cleaned the master bathroom. I took a shower and started dinner in the crock. I am getting ready to vaccum, and then cnahge the sheets on Abi's bed. I did mine yeaterday. I try not to change all the beds the same day, way too much laundry. I am going to be listing a bunch of stuff on Ebay later today, all of the American Girl stuff that Abi never plays with. I'm sad to see it go but she asked for some big stuff (size not dollar amount) for Christmas so we need the room. Also it will give someone a chance to get some very nice things that they might not BA able to afforad any other way. I know that her first American girl came from Ebay, I saved about $40 buying it that way. I have a huge bin of stuff to sell, I should be taking pictures right now, but I am hanging out here and drining my hot tea. Oreo is snuggld up so close to me I can feel her breath on my leg, she is soooo warm I hate to move her. She tried to get in the shower with me this morning and she stayed right with me in the back yard the whole time. She has become really attached to me, she is my little sweetie. I will check in again later. ~Mandy

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope yor weekend is going well. Has been uneventful here...just what I ordered!!!

Spent yesterday yard sale-ing with my friend Becky. Her son just moved out and was wanting a washer and dryer, which we found a set for $65 bucks--a nice set, he said he ran bleach through them last night, and they worked fine. I am sore this morning, I must have climbed (a huge 4X4) in and out of her truck no less than 30 times!!! I actually come home, and felt like I needed to get my exercise in for my challenge on the April Bandsters thread, so I mowed/mulched the leaves in the front yard. About 3 swipes to go the wind began blowing, and you could not tell I had done anything!!! So I quit, come in and walked on the treadmill!!!

This morning I am roasting peanuts, and doing laundry....and keeping my computer company!

My neighbor says she found me a dog. It needs a home, she says the poor thing is pretty homely. It is a puppy, they thought they had found her a home, but the people backed out saying she wasn't what they wanted, so the kept looking, now she has lost the "puppy" look and is just a long legged, not so pretty girl. The people my neighbor knows own the mama dog, she is a Springer Spaniel, they use to duck hunt with. The neighbors Labra-doodle got to her. She is multi colored mostly brown, and has a rather uneven coat. They say she is house broke, and does not seem to shed. I am afraid to go see her. I can't handle the shedding fur (asthma), so if she truly doesn't shed I would be fine, but if she is really ugly and needs me I would take her anyway, and then be miserable. I don't even know if I am ready for this!!! I think I will be a last resort!

I got a sale on Country Style Pork ribs the other day, so I made them the other night, and have slow cooked the remainder of them today, so I can shred them and make BBQ sandwiches for today. DH loves them, especially when he has guys coming over for football...which is not at all uncommon. So now I need to figure out something to make to go with them.

I am going to a beginners Tai Chi class tomorrow night. My oldest DD took lessons (Aikido/karate) from this guy, and he has remained a family friend, he offered the class, and I thought it might be a fun new exercise to try...will let ya know!!!

Not going to try to add personals on here---everyone knows I am thinking good things for them!!! Will catch up with ya later!!

Kat

I had banding Monday, October 30, 2006. I think i'm eating too much Soup and it's getting very boring. How much shold I be eating? Any suggestions anyone? :help:

I was on thin liquids for 7 days, they had to be thin enough to go through a straw. Your doctor should have given you a diet to follow. What does that diet say? I was allowed a certain amount every hour. I can't remember exactly how much it was but it wasn't much. Week 2 I was allowed to progress to mushies, mashed potatoes, chunky Soup that had been pureed, pudding, guac and the like. Then a week of soft foods, then regular foods. You need to check with the doctor as to what you should be eating. ~Mandy

If you are uncomfortable or feel too full, try eating less more often or just eating less all together. Some people experience more swelling than others do. I was able and ready to eat more solid foods pretty quickly, but my girlfriend was 3 weeks on liquids with no complaints. Each person heals at their own pace, maybe you are a bit more swollen try thinning down the Soup or simply eat less. ~Mandy

Kat- Your Halloween sounded very cool! I really want to have a party next year. I hate the evil stuff but so do my friends. I've been saying this for a while now but I really am going to do it next year. Aww good luck with the puppy. You know I love my Lucy and Sandy! Lucy is a handful though. She is pulling up our carpet! WTF!

Pat-Good to see you. Last December I really thought I was going to cough my band up! I had to finally go on steroids to get over it. That really stunk! I'm starting to be full of snot now to just took airborne hopefully I took it in time. Yuck I hate this!

Eileen-WOW you do have a lot of crap going on. I'm glad your full of air and your farts smell like brownies!! Wish mine did! Sorry about FIL. How's your back doing?

Mary-Thanks for asking. I am feeling better about things. Thanks for asking. DD and I had some mother daughter time and it was really great and much needed.

Betty-Airborne and hand sanitizer is my best friend. Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up with them lately! Feel better

Mandy-One of these days I'm going to go to Chicago. I'll let you know!

Le2sha-Take your time eating. Be very slow. I was on thick Soup when I got home. I don't remember them saying how much I could have. But I know if you have Protein Shakes you will feel fuller and you can take double scoops.

Ok now I have a horrible fart story. At choir practice no less. OMG! The most Godaweful smell in your LIFE. So I quickly moved to the other side of the room to make people think it was someone else! Nice huh..oh if only they smelled like brownies! And on that note I'm going to have spinach quiche for dinner...AHH look out DH!

Diane, talking about fart stories, I was at Sears one day, getting ready to get on the escalator, so I thought I'd leave a little toot behind, well as soon as I stepped on the escalator, two good looking guys walked up behind me and were right about nose level to my butt. It didn't take very long to realize I did NOT leave the little toot behind. I was so embarrassed, that I actually started giggling to myself, I thought we'd never reach the second floor.

Ok ladies of etiquette, I know there are other smelly stories out there just longing to be told.

We were at Disney and I was going to let a little one fly on a ride thinking that we would leave it behind. I let it slip out and didn't say a word, DH would never let me live it down. Just as I let it out the ride came to a stop. We had eaten a chili dog for lunch and it was horrid. We were stuck there for several mins when DH looks at me and says with a shit eatin' grin, I think they stopped the ride cuz somebody died.....I hit him in the arm and we sat there cracking up, talk about Disney magic, it'll get ya busted everytime. ~Mandy