Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November chat...again....

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Eileen - Thank you for that beautiful prayer. Amen

We all are truly blessed to have found LBT and our NJ thread family.

Hello Everyone!

I hope that you all have a wonderful thanksgiving. Mine will be interesting since I will be forced to focus on other aspects of the holiday other than food, especially since I am on liquids for quit a bit. But that is ok, I am looking forward to the challenge. I am looking forward to the Grey's Anatomy special tonight, oh and of coarse spending time with my family! :)

I am feeling better, I did wind up going to the doctor about my pain and the odd looking incision. He was very kind to meet with me and explain that everything looks normal and seems to be going quite well. He suggested for me to take Ibuprofen with the pain meds. for a better impact and that has helped a lot. I am still feeling rather out of it, like I have cobwebs in my head, everything seems a bit fuzzy...and I am having quit a bit of trouble from getting up from a laying down position, but besides that I am doing pretty well!

I hope that you all have a fabulous day! I am thankful for you all!!:biggrin1:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Sorry, I've been missing, I have so much to catch up with again. I'm still fighting this "whatever" that I've had since Nov 1. I finally went to the doctor Monday, had a temp of 102.3 :omg: . I was so shocked, although I knew I was having chills so bad they made my undies stick out, and I knew I was feeling like chit. My temp is not usually normal. Well, by Tuesday, the fever broke Monday night, I was drenched so bad my lips were cracked I guess due to dehydration. Anyway, I thought I was all well, then Wed the sore throat kicked in, the cough returned, ya know the kind that makes you feel like your band is gonna pop, and today the cough is worse and my left eye felt like it was glued shut due to the drainage, so Eileen, I sure hope you don't have what I've got and had for over three weeks.

So sorry to be so me, me, me, me this AM.

Fortunately, Tuesday when I thought I was well, I went to BJ's and bought pies and dips and crackers to take to DNL's house, so I'll just sent it over by DH. I don't want to take a chance of making others sick. The weird thing is I don't really feel bad, not like I did when I had that fever.

Sherry, I started Christmas shopping weeks ago, I actually had one of my girls from the office come to my house and start wrapping yesterday, she did an awesome job too. She'll be back on Monday, LOL. (I let her leave early she was going to Bristol, TN). The only problem with shopping earlier, is the sooner your start the more money you spend.

Cindy, I'm so excited for you, after you retire and you get bored, maybe we can meet somewhere between here and there, along with anyone else who would like to join in.

Up late playing Pogo huh, LMAO. What terrible challenges this week. So much for the bowling one for me. I'm a Paula fan too. Even though I don't cook, I enjoy the food channel since banding, more than ever, go figure.

Darcy, the quilt is beautiful, you do such a professional job, you're very talented. (Not to mention you can quilt and play Pogo at the same time, LOL). You may have said, but is it for someone special or are you going to sell it? It's pretty enough to enter in a show.

Cassie, I know about the liquids during the holidays, my band was a few weeks before Christmas. Try some egg drop Soup or frozen Protein shakes with bananas, yummm. I even ate some well blended sausage gravy. My doctor told me anything that would fit through a straw, but don't use a straw..too much gas.

Patty, haven't you been sick too?

Eileenie, thanks for the prayer and I hope you feel better too. Being sick just out and out sucks. I have to admit, it's been so very long since I've been sick I have often not shown much compassion for those who have been sick around me, kind of like...get over it, boy am I feeling guilt for those thoughts, seriously guilty :think .

As for the *@#!* tree, still don't have it, called back and told them to ship the 9.5 footer, but for them to pay the additional shipping cost to get it here over night. Oh, it's coming out of Charlotte to VA, it's like being in the same neighborhood, you'll have it tomorrow...that was Tuesday.

Diane, :clap2: , 4 more pounds, awesome girl! My band doctor wouldn't refer me, what's with that?

Kat & Betty, I know you're not still cooking.

Mary, Anne, (where are you), Chrispy, Mandy, and any others I've missed...big hugs!

I want to take this time to tell all my NJLB friends you all, each and every one of you mean so much to me. I feel like each of you are the close friends I never had. Though I may not post ever day, I do come here to read every message, every day. I'm so blessed to have each of you in my life, because I care about you all and without the band I would not have met you.

Hugs and kisses to you all, and thank you for being my caring friends.

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Well I'm exhausted! I'm sure you all are too. It was a very nice day. Ate to much, but, it was Thanksgiving. If I hadn't made baked brie I wold have been ok.

I'm off to bed I sure hope you all had a wonderful day.

I prayed for all of you this morning. Pat sorry you had to stay home. Hope you feel better quick. Do you want me to pick up the tree and meet you on 77 somewhere..lol.BTW where is that tree from. I picked up a nice one at costco tomorrow we will put it up.

Well night night hope I'll be able to pop in tomorrow. Company is all here until Saturday.

Happy Friday everyone...yeap been up since 3 a.m. DH, BIL, SIL and baby just left at 4:00 a.m. for Sodus NY to pack them up and bring them back here. 6 hours up, pack, 6 hours back all in one day. God Bless my DH because he's doing all the driving....please keep him awake and alert.

In the meantime, I can't fall back to sleep so my mom and I are headed out to the craft store today to pickup a cute little tree for my desk at work. Michaels has a nice coupon for 25% off if you go between 6-9am so since I'm up I'll do it then lol. Can't imagine that store will be crazy at that time of day but, you never know. I love to shop early the day after Thanksgiving...not for stuff for me but, with friends. I love to people watch. Many times I've gone just so I could push the cart for them. I didn't buy a thing lol. I let them fight the crowds and I hold onto the cart for them. Then while we're all waiting in those long lines to check out before the "sale" cut-off time....especially when I can see people all upset because of the crowds..I mean REALLY get real like you didn't think it'd be crowded? hahaha. I love it. So while in those long long lines, taking over an hour to get to the register I start to sing...."I'll be home for Christmas...you can count on meeeeeeee" Umm you should see the looks hahahaha. OHHHH WELLSKY gotta love it lol I go out there prepared to wait, enjoying the music, sounds, people watching so it doesn't bother me :) I'll even freeze my butt off by not wearing a jacket so I won't sweat waiting in line lol. Gotta plan laides...gotta plan it out lol

Anyway, so tons of leftovers for today. I did really good yesterday :) TOM helped with that for sure lol. Can't really eat much when I have it. My band gets all biotchy and finicky so I used a dessert plate as my dinner plate. It worked great! I didn't grab more than I could eat and it kept me in check. When it was dessert time I only had 3 forkfuls of my pumpkin pie and gave the rest of my slice to BIL. (He tends to eat what the rest of us don't want yet lucky for him he's thin. He's one of those lucky metabolism people.)

Raining like crazy here all Thanksgiving day and still this morning. The wind blew down my 3 Kings, blew our sail boat off the stand, rain filled our pool cover to overflowing...geesh lol The local boys were playing football in the mud pools lol

Pat - I hope you're feeling better. Not sure when my Tree is going up, I thought this weekend but, with the moving of the in-laws I don't think DH will be up to it.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving Holiday and if you're out there shopping today.........Get Em Girls! Sing with me....I'llllll be hommmmmmmmme for Chrisssssssssssstmassssssssss...

Morning All...

I hope everyone had a very Happy THanksgiving! I am generally restricted only one week a month and this is it... could eat a darned thang...lol. Oh well...was a still a wonderful time with my hubby's family.

How many Jersey girls besides Sherry are crazy enough to be out in the shopping madness today???? Not Me! Have fun to all that brave the lines...crowds... and cold!

Betty... I am going to hand quilt but it will be a primitive stitch so it probably wont take too terribly long. I took a hand quilting class that teaches the tiiiinnnny stitches and that is just not gonna happen...lol. Most people send their quilts out to be quilted now... but I refuse... for now...lol. Needless to say a have an unfinished quilt top or two.

Pat...LOL... I am a multi-tasker! I sure hope you are back to feeling better and being sassy soon! I imagine the special person that will get the quilt will be me. It was a labor of love... not sure I could let it go. Oh... and playing Canasta on PoGo taught me well enough to play with the family last night... although I still sucked. :)

OKay...sorry I can't do personals... again... have to go pack up the car for a day of sewing with my sister and a good friend. HAve a great weekend everyone!

Good Morning Y'all!

Sorry I didn't make it here yesterday to wish you all a "Happy Thanksgiving". I cooked from 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 pm, then rushed to get showered and dressed and head to DB's house. We did some more cooking there, and then we sat down to eat. Well, I took a couple of bites and had the worst pb I ever had in my life. Boy, did it ever hurt! No calories for me yesteday! Anyway, I kept trying it either get it up or down and it just wouldn't do anything. I spent a good hour in the bathroom! I finally told them I had to leave, I was feeling awful. We got about 1/2 block from his house and up it came! Relief! The rest of the day I spent on liquids. I had such a headache I just couldn't get on here and read/post. I just want y'all to know I thought about each and everyone of you though. I feel like y'all are my sisters!:)

I have to work today, so I have to hit the road. I will try to get back here today and do some personals and catch up with all of you.

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Its good to see you all today :)

Pat when I got home yesterday bam~ can you say bye bye to thanksgiving dinner, yep...the flu hit me like a brick and so painful. I'm just glad I didn't puke and it decided to go the other route. I have a wicked sore throat and coughing too. To bad we couldn't hang out together being sick lolol. Feel better sweetie.

Cassie glad your feeling better. Its funny, it took about a week for those cobwebs to leave me but once they did, I felt like a new person. Make sure your getting enuf sleep.< /p>

I'm off to get some toast or something light... TTYL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY

:happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2:

Happy Friday!!

Dianne - congrats on both the 4 lbs AND the referral for the reduction. Talk about getting the weight off your chest... haha. I feel you on the Water main. I managed to plug up my kitchen sink the night before TDay - and when I took my shower in the morning, it flooded the bathroom and the hallway and blew the seal out of my toilet in the bathroom we use for company. Yep - it was special. Tomorrow we get to spend the day ripping that toilet up and putting in a new wax seal and stuff. Yippee.... So did you ever get your Orange? Uh, your family must be easily distracted. Oh - and I thought of you all day yesterday. My sister got a puppy about the same time you did - and named her - you guessed it - Lucy! So every time she talked about her Lucy - I thought of you. :]

Eileenie - I did eat two bites every fifteen minutes - although I did eat a lot of veggies and not just stuffing! I was full all stinking day - cause you know, you have to eat the imperfect veggies and nibble as you put those relish trays together - and then there was the dinner - and after the dinner, those deviled eggs started calling my name...and my Sister made LEMON pie - my all time favorite and, and, and..... In the end - I had to sit for about an hour before bed drinking water and waiting for the gas to pass.... But, I survived to tell the tale....Sounds like I survived better than you did! Poor baby! I hope you are feeling much better today.

Chris - Sign me up for those mini Calzones... Either sounds great! Oh - and I would rather cook the feast than clean up after, too! :] Keep on Dancing!

Sherry - Hope your hubby gets BIL moved without mishap. Congrats on your DS's report card. It always feels great when the loved ones do well. And no - no Christmas shopping here, yet. Not even for myself. :] I do love to go out into the Holiday crowds, though. I would be singing along with you - although, I favor "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" when the snarly faces are all over the place. :] "Here we are as in Olden Days, Happy Golden Days of yore.... Faithful friends who are dear to us, gather near to us, once more....

Cindy - just vanilla and Nutmeg for flavoring, huh? Hmmm. I expect if it was properly creamy, it would be fabulous. *PIE* Mmmmmm. Hope you are having the best Birthday ever! Does your Birthday feel more special when you are only weeks from retirement? I would be having a very hard time being motivated right now - but I guess it is easier when you are dealing with people instead of paper.

Mandy - Poor Abi - nothing like REALLY itching all over. *sigh*. But it sounds like you had a great time decorating. I am planinng to pop the box on my tree tonight. I can't wait.

Cass - how did you do on liquids, hon? I hope you are feeling well. The cobwebs go away as soon as you stop taking the pain meds. That stuff REALLY knocked me out. Glad to hear the doc took a look at your incisions and that they are doing well. Hugs!!

Pat - I surely hope you are feeling a little better - and I am thinking the best possible thoughts for you to kick this whatever it is for good. You are so organized... and how cool that your office gal is willing to come to your house and help out. Hope you get your tree, soon. Hugs!!

Darcy - I know a lady who loves to do the quilting part - but doesn't want all the fuss and bother of making the tops. She is always looking for tops to quilt in front of the TV.... I could hook you up?!? :] She is here in TX - a co-worker. Hope you have a great day of sewing. Whatcha makin? Still working on the quilt top?

Betty - I am so sorry you had a less than stellar Holiday. I was afraid all day that I would have a PB while the toilette was broken and the whole family was there... but I was lucky. I hope you are feeling better today.

Well, my darlings - I heard a rumor that they might let us go early again today - cause it's VERY quiet here. All our mtg brokers took today off. Keep your fingers crossed. I got a powerful hankerin' for a turkey sandwich - and I didn't bring any leftovers in..... :]

Love you guys!!

**PS - they are letting us leave! YaHoo!!!. And just for fun, I went in and recalculated my BMI. At my 298 - I am JUST under 50. So, finally, I am thin enough to get the LapBand! lol!

Pat---Sorry to hear about your missing Christmas tree. I can relate in a way, I used to work at one of those upscale gardening/holiday centers for eight years. Yeah, so ladies if you have any gardening questions I can probably try and help, it is one of my hidden talents. I loved working there, we were like a small family and I have so many great...and a few not so great memories from there.

NJChick---The cobwebs are still really bothering me. I havent taken any pain meds for about a day and a half now. I feel like I am in a daze, a hazey daze were my vision feels blurry but in actuallity it really isnt, I feel like I am in a fog, but it is not too bad were I cant functoin, feel happy, etc, it is more so nagging. I am planning on going to work on Monday and I just really hopes it passes by then. I am pretty sure that I am getting enough sleep about eight hours. I thought that maybe I wasnt getting enough Water and I have been so good about keeping hydrated today and I still feel that way. Overall, I feel pretty good though, besides that terrible nagging fog...:tired

ReneBean--Are you joking about being "thin" enough for the lapband? Since I came in a bit later on this board on am not sure what your journey is...I am curious and hope all well goes for you! My incisions are feeling much better recently and are no longer bleeding. My port incision is still quite a pain which I know I should not be surprised by. It feels so dry and feels like it is stretching when I get up from a sitting position. I hope that'll change when I go in for my first post-op appt. on Tues and maybe he'll take the bandage off!

Well Ladies, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Take care!

Best birthday wishes Cindy!!!