Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November chat...again....

Well - another visit to the great state of NY is coming to an end and it is back to my DH and my beautiful cats. You know - I kinda miss the cats more than the spouse when I am here... I mean - I can talk to the spouse on the phone - but that doesn't work so well with the cats. My relationship with them is purely physical. :] I will be glad to be able to snuggle them again - DH too.

I expect I am never going to hear the end of the whole fender bender episode. *sigh* 10 yrs of safe driving out the window. Geez. I haven't even gotten a speeding ticket in 2 yrs! But now I will be branded as the wild woman on the roads. Half the office is already aware of the little fiasco - and I expect the other half will be shortly after I get back. Greeeeaaaat.

Other than that - this trip has been quite placid and uneventful. Rhonda has been a charming companion and an effective co-worker. (and from me that is high praise, indeed). We went to dinner at the Chart House tonight. We decided to not go all the way into town because I refuse to drive in Manhattan and it is too far to take a cab all the way from Orangeburg. I did drive us over to Weekhaugen though. Well worth the trip for the view of the skyline alone. I will download some pics when I get home so you can see what I mean.

I succumbed to my chocolate demons tonight, too. I am evil. The Chart House does a lovely lava cake... which Rhonda and I shared. Sharing was my big concession to guilt. I really wanted to try the Pumkin Creme Brulee... but one desert was enough...I suppose.

Guess that fill is going to be mandatory when I get home. I need a wee bit more restriction to get where I want to be before my birthday. Well really by my anniversary date - which is only 11 days after my B-Day. I want to be over 50 lbs down from my surgery date - which means I would be at or below 280. Is 21-22 lbs between now and Feb 6 unreasonable? Not if I have restriction, I think. I am going to really try to focus on doing the right things - eating better foods and eating less calories, exercising several times a week - you know - the basics. I know that if I do those things the weight will slip away... never to be seen again.

I think I just need lots of time to adjust to stuff. I am getting more used to ordering the correct amount of food - rather than pre-band portions - and I am getting used to being able to fit into most of my clothes, except for the ones that are (get this) too big. Yes - I have finally acknowledged the fact that a couple of items of my clothing are simply too big to wear anymore. I am giving them away - well most of them. I have a couple of things that I am going to try and take in. It is hard to give up some old favorites that I really like - and why should I when a couple of well placed seams and darts can make them fit appropriately again...

I have also gotten to the point that enough clothes fit me that I can get rid of those few ugly things that I bought in desperation because they were the only things on the rack that fit me. I never wore them much anyway - and now that I have all these great clothes that fit - why would I wear some drab boxy ugly shirt??

So - I am sort of in a transition phase. Sometimes I can imagine how great it will be to be fit - sometimes I can't imagine myself thin at all. And sometimes, like tonight, I see pictures of myself and realize how much work I have to do, yet. Damn. The camera doesn't lie. Not like my mind lies to me.

I should take pictures of myself every week as a motivation tool. ****SHUDDER**** It is just not pretty folks. I am so NOT photogenic. Some people look better in pictures than they do in real life. NOT ME. Somehow every shot is from a bad angle and the camera adds pounds that are not visible in person - at least not to me. So - maybe that is what I will do to stay on track. My own eyes in the mirror manage some sort of selective vision of how I look - but the damned camera is brutally honest.

Well, enough meandering for one night, I think. It is well past time for me to be sleeping. I am just happy that I am able to sleep on the plane. It makes it a lot easier to survive these little jaunts across time zones.

I love you guys - I really appreciate the fact that I can come here and blather and nobody is going to give me any guff - and that some of you might even understand what I am blathering about.

Hugs all round. TTL

Irene

Here is my list:

heating pad

flexible ice pack

liquid tylenol (they make adult strength)

chewable or liquid gas-x

a few books or movies

comfy clothes (loose waisted shorts or jumpers)

squishy pillow for car ride (guard against seatbelt)

a sports bra (doc said no underwire for a few days)

protien shakes

flavored water

make sure you have a good blender

I bought a drink mixer for the protien mix (cost $10 at walmart)

broth or stuff to make broth

sugarfree popsicles and jello

sugar free gum (ask your doctor)

sugar free breathmints (ask your doctor)

*Ask at your pre-op for the pain med prescription so you can have it all ready to go when you get home, our walgreens has to order liquid pain meds and it takes 3 days to get them

Hi Kids.... yep you got it, can't talk.

Just wanted to say Yello and I'll talk tomorrow morning..... I really gotta play the lottery more :)

:)

Hi ya all... In a deep Texas Drawl :)

We are all feeling a lot better today. My thoat has eased up a bit but the weird thing is ~~~ I do not eat past 3:pm.. I can drink alot ~ juice, Water but no food. Hummm

Now I am really curious to see the scope results. Don't know if it is virus or band at this point.

Anyway that will happen soon enough.. Then I will be in panic mode

Irene ~ Blame it on the other Driver:) Could not been your fault!!! You know they had the reunion this past weekend and they sent out the invite weeks ago but I was to scared to drive by myself and it was way to expensive to fly with the boys. Granted if I would have decided to go in the spring I guess I could have saved. Anyway no one from my family called that day to even say hi so best I did not go.. On the other hand when I do get out that way it will be to see you all.. Barrett's was not band related but I really think sinus issues over the years added to the problem. You know with me it is never something easy it is either one end or the other... If you know what I mean

Kat ~ HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ~~~ How were things?? The PG version :)

Betty ~ I love the Spring / Summer weather too. Last nightt we had a freezing rain. Now the sun is out shining. Believe it or not. I have not worn my winter coat yet and I am usually the one crying cause it is freezing. I need to join Irene in ward so I can be checked out too.

Sherry ~ I hear You. I tell you!! The problem was resolved and has come around to bite me in the ARSE again. I just said you know let me take care of it and everyone else involved and see it through the end. But you know I get no further on the totem pole.. How is the new Position going? Are you in it yet??

Well I would love to stay and do more personals but I have to keep coming back and leaving. We have a status meeting pretty soon.

You all take care

Hey Mary, I'm in the position without the pay raise or the office or the duties? Umm yeap I have to train my replacements and then get trained myself. My problem right now is the account manager I'm taking the place of wants me trained faster so he can go to his new job. I understand that because wouldn't I like to be in my new office already but, I can only do so much! It's just craziness. I'm very VERY stressed but, I'm holding it together....umm...so far lol. I'll be working from home tomorrow though...because as usual I got nothing done that was on MY LIST today. I had to help everyone else including my boss to fire someone today UGH. Wasn't an employee of mine but, she needed a witness there just in case. My duties have no boundries it seems :)

Hope everyone has a great night....we're going to watch the movie CARS to relax. Hope it's funny...I can use a few good laughs with my family. HUGS chickas! Chat with ya tomorrow!

Sherry-I hope you enjoy Cars! How was it?

Well today was my first day of the liquid diet that I need to do for ten days. I am surviving...hungry, feeling a little weak (i think i need to hydrate more) but surviving...nine more days! Wish me luck!

Good evening!

I had to read fairly quickly...hope I didn't miss anything!

Beanie, enjoy NY, and no, I'm not retired yet...the remodeling is simply because we always wanted wood floors, even when we built the house. We just couldn't afford them at that time. We're not selling our house, that's for sure! I was only taking the new teaher's class for one day...my regular assignment right now is to work with students one at a time, on their writing skills. These students have taken and failed our state test, and they also do regular remediation with their English teacher...I'm an "extra".

We saw Santa Claus 3 this afternoon; it was cute! DD and I shopped all day, then saw the movie. She was out of school today so teachers could have parent conferences, so I took another day off. What a life, huh?

The good news is that the floors are all done...so tomorrow we can start putting the house back together! That will be nice, and lots of work!

Gotta go, I'm pooped out, and ready for bed...

Hugs to all, Cindy

Hi, I'm in Myrtle Beach with DH. We came down on Thursday and were going home tomorrow. It has been a real nice time. Beautiful weather. Took a long walk on the beach and relaxed. DH was working.

I did have a horrible time with lunch yesterday. I don't know why. I PB's and sort of threw up..sorry..for about 2 hours! I really don't know what I did wrong except I had on fried shrimp..I never eat fried food anymore..and I had some nacho's and about 1/3 piece of chichen breast.

It was no fun! Uncontrollable at some points. URGH! So no more nacho's for me or fried shrimp. Ok so today I was very careful. Although I did have a bag of M&M's and I enjoyed every single one of them! Well GArry and I went to this wonderful resturant. I think it was the best food I've ever had in my live. But the problem is that it was all very rich. I literlly took 2 hours to eat, so no PB problems, however, I have got the worst pain! I think I must have stretched my pouch even though I only had bites of the 5 courses! Live and learn I guess. No more She crab Soup for me!

Well I'm going to try to go to sleep now. Glad everyone is doing ok. Irene I loved your post. Glad your ok from your accident. Don't feel bad about the desert and I won't feel bad about the M&M's and the desert I had.

Tomorrow is a new day and I'm eating at home so no fancy food for me.

I'll catch up tomorrow, hopefully.

Have a good night. Love youz..get that, the Jersey girl is still in me!

Well Hidey Ho Everyone,

I just read up on y'all and I'm glad everyone is doing well or on their way to feeling better :)

What a long freakin week at work, the boss had nothing to do so it made my life miserable LOLOL. PITA!!!!! He's such a PITA, its his way or no way and basically you can call him a spoiled brat.... drives me nuts. Anywhooooo

Its SATURDAY !!!! Whooooot. I have a apple/cinnamon glad oil/candle burning and it makes the entire first floor smell lovely. They only last about 2 hours and the flame goes off by itself when its done... nice for knuckle heads like me.

Cindy I took DD to see Santa 3 and we laughed, martin short and tim allen were wonderful together, it was a great movie. I ate an entire box of raisinetts and 1/2 box of goobers... dinner wouldn't go down so I justified the candy in my mind LOLL..... who's the goofy goober???

My back/hip is feeling alot better, I can actually sit for more than 15 minutes (geee... thats not good either LOL) and I can tie my shoes. Boy did hurting my back set me back (no pun intended but funnnnny haaaaa).

Today is cleaning and making baked ziti at DD's request. My house is not dirty but boy we have ALOT of clutter and it drives me bonkers. oh well.

Whats up with you all ????

Veggie..... good luck hon on the liquid diet, I know its hard but it is gonna be so worth it. Try keeping busy to make the day go by faster. :Banane20:

Just a quick pop-in to say hi...I'm covered in dust! I think I'm one big dust bunny! We are starting in DD's room, just finished dusting off everything in the closet, and the closet shelves. Took down the curtains to wash them, then have to do the blinds. DH bought her a new computer desk, so he'll build that when he gets home. Hopefully, we'll have her back her room by tonight. Then we'll start on the "home office" room.

Beautiful day, nice and sunny, and cool!

Hugs, Cindy

Here is a picture of my new little man. He is 3 years old, and a total lover. He is a hemingway (polydactyl) and just the coolest big guy (about 25 pounds). We discovered after we got him home that he has a Mickey Mouse shaped spot on his back, I will post that next. ~Mandy

Here is the Mickey....

My sofa is one of those that has 2 recliners, so the cushion he is on is actually 1 1/2 cushions. There are actually 2 Mickeys on him, the second one is up by his shoulder, see it? ~Mandy

Mandy he looks like a cuttaler...he seems real sweet. I love them they can be so loving when they want! Will he be inside?

This morning Sandy Lucy and Poose all hung out with me in the bedroom. Lucy and Poose hung out on the bed with me for quite a while. They are so sweet.

Poose means Cat in Norweign it's not PUSS! P-OOO-SS-E is how it's pronounced. His official name is Spot, but no one calls him that and he answers to Poose. All my life every cat we have ever had has turned out to be a Poose. It just fits them and they all seem to like it.

OK now I sound like an insane person.

Off to the church see ya later have a good morning.