Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone seeing Dr. Eagon in Stl

Sorry....I had a Phone call a bit ago! My sister luv's Dr Eagon .... She had the Lap Band done July 2012, I introduced her to this group... She tried DePaul Hosp group but no luck. I work at Barnes Hosp for over 5yrs, so I was aware of the the group at WASH U. For me, I supported my sister when she inquired fall 2011 but I knew I did not qualify then. But last summer after the last attempt at WW I had enough... Plus gained xtra! So, I decide I would give it ago, mainly for my health!

This is what I did. First, completed my paperwork, faxed it in. Next, the office calls to say if that you meet criteria to move on to the Seminar. You attend this, then make an appt with Eagons nurse practitioner to be seen for labs, EKG, etc... Now if you have recently had these done they may accept....I jumped ahead to have my Primary Phy order these tests that when I seen his nurse my "stuff " was done, lol! That's fine too! After I seen nurse, I had to make 3 appts 1) nutritionist/dietitian, 2) physical assessment and 3) Psych appt... All three for 1 visit only! Each of these docs send a letter to Eagons office about the visit. You then wait , just keep Cking with the office that they all 3 reports from these visits are in your chart to make a consultation appt with DR EAGON. I had my 3 visits scheduled close together knocked out within a week, that way I could get my appt ASAP with DOC... I had questions! I seen him Dec 7, 2012 . All is good , finishing up with 1 more appt with MD ( FEB 6) , then submit to INS! Wheeeewwww

I hope I did not overwhelm you Shaye, lol! I added extra info to previous post!

Sorry....I had a Phone call a bit ago! My sister luv's Dr Eagon .... She had the Lap Band done July 2012' date=' I introduced her to this group... She tried DePaul Hosp group but no luck. I work at Barnes Hosp for over 5yrs, so I was aware of the the group at WASH U. For me, I supported my sister when she inquired fall 2011 but I knew I did not qualify then. But last summer after the last attempt at WW I had enough... Plus gained xtra! So, I decide I would give it ago, mainly for my health!

This is what I did. First, completed my paperwork, faxed it in. Next, the office calls to say if that you meet criteria to move on to the Seminar. You attend this, then make an appt with Eagons nurse practitioner to be seen for labs, EKG, etc... Now if you have recently had these done they may accept....I jumped ahead to have my Primary Phy order these tests that when I seen his nurse my "stuff " was done, lol! That's fine too! After I seen nurse, I had to make 3 appts 1) nutritionist/dietitian, 2) physical assessment and 3) Psych appt... All three for 1 visit only! Each of these docs send a letter to Eagons office about the visit. You then wait , just keep Cking with the office that they all 3 reports from these visits are in your chart to make a consultation appt with DR EAGON. I had my 3 visits scheduled close together knocked out within a week, that way I could get my appt ASAP with DOC... I had questions! I seen him Dec 7, 2012 . All is good , finishing up with 1 more appt with MD ( FEB 6) , then submit to INS! Wheeeewwww[/quote']

Wow! Thank you! Good idea on having primary do labs and ekg! Im might have to that! My bmi is 40...im 5'6 and 245lbs. Ive tried everything too, my prescribed diet pills, weight watchers, biggest loser club, over counter diet aids and gyms, slim fast..you name it ive tried it!! I can lose about 25lbs then i stop losing!! Frustrating! So off to try the sleeve and so excited!!

I hope you do move along quick... I wish mine time frame was shorter, but I have seen and told some Ins required 12 visit/month wait, ugh! I'll take the 6 visit/month!!! Oh, I inquired with ins prior about coverage, so far so good! I am a little nervous as I have 1 last appt...I will be upset if some reason I am turned down. Dr Eagon takes his time with your visit and answers your questions too. Regarding Labs, EKG, you will need certain lab drawls performed. Have these done within 1-2 wks prior to your appt with Nurse Practioner (Jayme)... Call the office they will,tell you which labs/tests. Ask for Gail or Angie.... U just want to jumpstart , lol!

Lol...i just talked to Gail today..i will call back. I called my insurance too and they cover 80% and she said no preop diet that she knows of. All the ladies ive talked to at Was. Univ. Are very nice! So far it seems too easy to be true..knock on wood lol. I hear alot of people saying how they have to do a 6mo supervised diet plan and i am hoping things just go smoothly like they are! Have you seen before and after pics and videos on youtube? Ive been following a few videos for tips and info and inspiration!

Yeah, no diet here either! Dr Eagon just wants me to stay where I am. I can only gain no more than 2 lbs per month til April (surgery). He just said find Protein shakes to like prior and excercise...and I know everyone is different! If I weighed more I would probably be on the preop diet. No, I have not watched any YouTube, guess I will ck into that. Got any suggested videos? Btw, I'm 5'3, Bmi 37, 210lb, with sleep Apnea and Sjogrens (arthritis condition)and 44yrs! I am a go getter!

Yeah' date=' no diet here either! Dr Eagon just wants me to stay where I am. I can only gain no more than 2 lbs per month til April (surgery). He just said find Protein shakes to like prior and excercise...and I know everyone is different! If I weighed more I would probably be on the preop diet. No, I have not watched any YouTube, guess I will ck into that. Got any suggested videos? Btw, I'm 5'3, Bmi 37, 210lb, with sleep Apnea and Sjogrens (arthritis condition)and 44yrs! I am a go getter!

[/quote']

Good for you! Go getters win at life! im 35..36 in feb. No medical problems besides high cholesterol which they dont care about..lol. Im going after this too, im misserable, hate the way i look in my clothes and i have a very active 3yr old daughter!! I have alot of years yet te raising her and i wanna be able to physically keep up! As far as youtube videos...i just searched ".gastric sleeve before and after" i watched all of kelliwandas ( think i spelled that right) videos! And a few others...after you watch one just click related videos and it will have their other videos as well. People lable them..preop..or 2days post op...6wks post op. I get addicted to watching them! Lol

I completely understand...10-12yrs ago I kept my weight down more so when my daughter was little. I always struggled with it. But the last 6yrs+ working full time at the hospital really made it difficult. Now I am older...I found out about my Sjogrens 3yrs ago by some lab work which was by an incident finding. It is in the Rheum/Lupus family but I don't have the latter. I have arthritis, tired, joint aches, dry eyes and mouth ...particular one attacks the endocrine glands that produces tear, saliva....so I do not produce enough. I want to get the weight down to help with my joints cause my bones/knee are good. I am a Cancer survivor too...the older you get the more goes wrong, lol. Though I had a rare cancer at 27yrs with chemo/radiation...so I want to get healthier!!!! I get told I don't look 44yr, but I feel it!

Going to bed... We can touch base tomorrow possibly! :) nice to chat with you!

I hear ya! Cangrats on kicking cancer in the butt!! Other members in the family on my parents side ( including my parents) have high blood pressure, thyroid issues, fibromyalgia(spell check) lol. I want to avoid these issues now! Good luck with all your remaining "to do's" !! Keep me posted and as you get closer any ideas for do's and dont's will be much appreciated!! Lol

I can not figure out how to post a profile pic...must not be able to from phone. Idk