Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone seeing Dr. Eagon in Stl

Hi, im just starting my process! As of Jan 2013 I now have Uhc. It covers 80% and my.BMI is 40 so i was told that is all I need. So all my requests for surgery and weight history has just been sent to uhc. Mailed off my forms to Wash. Univertsity surgeons office so i can attend a siminar. Anyone else go to wash. Uni. And see Dr. Eagon? Did he put u on a six month diet? Im hoping to avoid that! I want this surgery like yesterday, dont wanna wait six mo!!! Why do some people have to do that and others only a 2 day liquid diet? ??

I didn't see Dr. Eagon, I went to Dr. Jay Snow and he has been wonderful!! I started with a BMI of 40 also, and I have been very happy with my results. I didn't have to do a six month diet. I went for my consult in January and had surgery on Feburary 22nd. I've never looked back

Also, does anyone know how long it takes to get approval from uhc? Mine just got sent off to them. I love reading everyones posts! Keeps me motivatied! Good luck to everyone!

I didn't see Dr. Eagon' date=' I went to Dr. Jay Snow and he has been wonderful!! I started with a BMI of 40 also, and I have been very happy with my results. I didn't have to do a six month diet. I went for my consult in January and had surgery on Feburary 22nd. I've never looked back[/quote']

Oh wow! Congrats!! How was your overall experience with the hospital? Do you have uhc? Did u have to jump through hoops with indurance?

I do have UHC...hospital experience was great too!! I didn't have many hoops to jump through at all...just the basic, consult, go to the seminar, psych eval...then surgery!!

Hello! Yes I am currently seeing Dr Eagon in STL! I have 1 more month of seeing my primary .... All other appt/assessments are done! Looking at late March or April for surgery.

Also it's the Ins plan wether you have to wait 3, 6, 9 whatever or none waiting period....some people have to diet or other reasons

Also it's the Ins plan wether you have to wait 3' date=' 6, 9 whatever or none waiting period....some people have to diet or other reasons[/quote']

What was Dr. Eagon's reqirement? Diet and all? How long was the whole process? My primary just now sent request for surgery to uhc. And i just mailed back wash. univ. Paper work back about my diet history and primary phis. info, waiting to attend seminar.

I do have UHC...hospital experience was great too!! I didn't have many hoops to jump through at all...just the basic' date=' consult, go to the seminar, psych eval...then surgery!![/quote']

How long did it take uhc to approve surgery? What all did they ask for? I.figure the more info i get from fellow sleevers the better prepared i can be and maybe my process will.move along alittle quicker..lol

I am at work back from lunch.. I will contact this evening .... Ok?! Would like to chat!

I do have UHC...hospital experience was great too!! I didn't have many hoops to jump through at all...just the basic' date=' consult, go to the seminar, psych eval...then surgery!![/quote']

Just talked to surgeons office and found out that no six mo diet is required unless you have not ever attempted to lose before. So im very happy to hear that!! She said normally it takes 2-3mo from start to surgery date..yay..more good news!!

Hello Shaye! Been a hectic day! Umm, I have dieted alot in the past....just last Feb 2012 thru May 2012 with Weight Watchers (always joining ) Anyway, my Insurance CIGNA required a so called 6 month diet/management / ETC... Previously i had AETNA ins which happened to be the same guidelines. My primary MD completes the paperwork monthly, faxes it over to Eagon's after I seen her. ( I had the same md for 12yrs she knows every diet I done! LOL) So, I am not really on a diet.... I have the low BMI. I am in the Obsese BMI Class 35-40 with a Co-morbidity, which qualifies me. I am trying right now to find Protein Shakes, readin/educating myself and soon get my butt exercising...I need to loose about 80-85lbs but I do have other health issues that makes it hard!

Hello Shaye!

so.hardy38, what info can you give me about the whole surgery thing..lol trying to find out as much as posible!!