Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits November Challenge

You go Roberta! Woohoo! Here's a car with a fireball crossing in front of it to mark the event.

:) :flame:

Way to go Betty for getting in your exercise early in preparation for your Thanksgiving trip. I'm trying to do the same thing....I ran last night and today I did 50 min on the elliptical plus about 250 sit-ups. I'm going to have several days off while I'm in France, so I'm trying to get as close to the goal as possible before then. Jet lag kills me on the way home, so it might be December before I recover.

Take care all and Happy Turkey Day.

LOL.....Thanks Julie! By the way I just saw your updated running weight loss totals. Man!!!!!!!! Your weight is flying off. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 114 LBS DOWN????? YOU GO GIRL!!

Have a great time you deserve it.

Roberta

11/1: No exercise. 50 oz. Water

11/2: 40 minutes treadmill. 48 oz. water (48 is my daily goal)

11/3: 40 minutes treadmill. 60 oz. water

11/4: No exercise, 48 oz. water

11/5: 55 minute fast-paced walk around the neighborhood, 60 oz water

<!-- / message -->11/6: None - too miserable from overfill experience. About 30 oz water

11/7: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/8: No exercise, 60 oz water.

11/9: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 72 oz water.

<!-- sig -->11/10: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/11: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/12: No exercise. 48 oz. water

11/13: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/14: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/15: No exercise. 48 oz water.

11/16: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 72 oz water.

11/17: None. 60 oz. water

11/18: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 72 oz water

Thanks, Kat! I'm still down. Have to go to work, but then crash at home. Maybe this week I can start moving again!!! I MISS IT!!

Betty, it is warm here in So. Cal. Tomorrow we will be feeling 90 degree weather! I'm in L.A., so wave when you fly over! Thanksgiving morning is usually spent biking at the beach with friends or hiking the hills with my family.

Roberta, that is fantastic! It is SHOCKING when men look twice at me. (Reminds me what life was like before the weight gain). Just not used to it.

And dear Julie, we will miss you! You assembled us all here and are my inspiration. I studied French for five years, but have never been. Have a wonderful time and PLEASE stretch, walk when you can, and do ankle circles. Hopefully, you are first-class and can really stretch out. Drink lots of water!!! Why is it that flying east (long distance) is harder than flying west??

Good Morning Everyone,

I feel the need to whine a bit. I was so looking forward to getting on the scale today. I am still doing the treadmill 40 minutes at a time, but I had kicked up my ifit workout level from a 1 to a level 2 and it has been pretty intense for me. I was also so good this week about staying away from junk, getting my Water in every day and I just had a fill about 2 weeks ago and am back at my sweet spot. So, I just knew I was going to see a big loss this week and was so excited to head to the scale this morning. And then, disappointment hits. I only lost .60 pounds! Grrrr, that really upset me. I have had much better weeks when I have been lazy and ate junk.

Thanks for letting me whine.

Hey Susan... we've all been there from time to time. I BEG you... keep up exactly what you have been doing. I don't know why but our bodies seem to fight to keep that weight right where it is. In a few weeks you WILL see the difference. And as I always say " the scale is evil and it lies to us" I notice when I'm about to drop some weight I get VERY hungry for the WRONG types of food. If I ride it out I see the weight loss on the scales. If I give in and eat the wrong foods the scale does not move. It's like my body is trying to make me eat so my weight won't change. Hang in there girlfriend!!!! You are also inspiring with your workouts.

Roberta

Susan,

Every month I lose all the weight I'm going to lose in less than one week. I lose in two chunks, both of which last 3-4 days. Then for about 10 days I don't lose a THING. Then I lose for 3-4 days in a row, then NOTHING for about 2 weeks.

Keep doing EXACTLY what you're doing and next week your weigh in might reward you big time. Hang in there. You can do it!

Well, I did manage to get back here before I left (couldn't help myself - as my hubby says - "You're obsessed")..............can't live without you guys!

Know how you feel Susan...........been fighting the same couple of lbs the past month..........although I am down a whole wopping pound this month! It's getting harder and harder. I need a young metabolism (any givers). Julie, I need some more of your "rules"....................you rock. I have given up those night time Snacks and hopefully that will pay off. I'm going to try my darndest to be on track on my trip.................I have a really supportive family in San Diego and so I know will get help from them all. My goal for the next week and a half is to come back at the same weight....................these next 5 or 6 weeks will be a challenge for us all..............thank you band for the help.

November

4 - 1 hour NIA

6 - 1 hour NIA

7 - 1 hour walk to/from Breakfast

8 - 1 hour NIA

9 -

10 - 1 hour NIA/1/2 hour core/45 min strength

11 - 1 Hour NIA

12 - Happy BD to me!

13 - 1 hour NIA/ 1/2 hour core/1 hour Group Power

14 - 1 hour walk to Breakfast

15 - 1 hour NIA

16 - 1 hour walk to breakfast

17 - 1 hour NIA/ 1/2 hour core

18 - 3 hours back breaking (!!!!) leave clean-up in the back yard

20 - 1 hour NIA

then in the afternoon******off to the airport!!!!!

Hi everyone--between finishing up the last of the leaves, my walks, Curves, and an additional walk to and from Church this morning, I made my weekend count!! Actually I should get extra credit---like an attagirl--for walking to church this morning, I had my granddaughter--and heels!!! It was an NSV for sure!!!

I truly would like to be in Onederland by the first of the year, but to be very honest, I am not sweating it. Part of the reason I chose the band over other options, was so that I could live a normal life. One of the reasons all my previous diets failed, was a feeling of deprivation. My warped mind goes berserk as soon as I tell it I cannot have something! I want to be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner, and have pie afterwards, and not feel like a failure for doing so. This next 6 weeks IS going to be a challenge, in many ways. We have family obligations, Christmas to buy following several months of my DH being off of work, traditions we really want to uphold, goodness the list goes on....I will truly be trying to continue my exercise. I want to get to Curves 3-4 times a week, and try to walk on a daily basis. I will also make a serious attempt to keep my Water intake high. But I am being totally honest here---with you guys, and with myself...I am not going to worry too much with the food I eat. I intend on enjoying the family dinners, and the treats of the season. Thank heavens I have my little band buddy---it WILL keep me in check...I mean 3 bites of a piece of pecan pie is nothing like the 3 different Desserts (full portion) I would eat prior to banding! I am sure my numbers as far as weight loss will slow down, but I can do without the added stress of worrying about that! I want to Celebrate. I feel like my DH and I were given another chance! The week after Christmas, as all settles back down, and the family and friend get togethers slow down---I will too, and will get myself back on track, and make the best choices I can. I have no intention of ignoring the turkey, and making my meal on sweets....I just do not want to think about it for now. Some of these habits are now ingrained enough I know I will do it automatically--and I will be thrilled with that!!! I have my husband back healthy, my kids are well and happy, I have regained my own health....I want to party with the entire world!!!

Susan--you say you upped your work out...WTG!!! But that alone could be the reason you have not seen a change in the scale right now. If you stressed the muscles more than usual, they will retain extra Fluid. Plus if you are working harder and building muscle...it will weigh more. I know it matters to all of us, what the scale says--but in reality, no one but you and your Dr. are likely to ever know what that scale says...are your clothes feeling different? I would bet if you checked your measurements, you would find you have lost inches. I have been stuck at 217 for days on end---but I did my measurements this morning, and while I have only lost 1 1/2 pounds since I did them last which was about 3 weeks ago---I have lost 4 inches over all. How without losing weight? Who the heck knows??? But it's gone! My size 16 jeans I can slide off without unbuttonning or unzipping!! You are doing all the right things---all you ladies impress and inspire me soooo much!!! It will do just like Julie said--and next week several pounds will be gone!!!

Betty & Julie--hope you have a safe and happy trip!

Boo--Hope you are resting and recovering. Take care of yourself--we will all be here waiting for you when you get better and are raring to go again!!!

Roberta--what's your Thanksgiving plan??

Heather --where ya hiding??

Talk to you all soon...off to the shower (aka the great hair pit---it is falling out soooo bad!!!).

Kat

...Actually I should get extra credit---like an attagirl--for walking to church this morning, I had my granddaughter--and heels!!!

Attagirl! Here are some dancing bananas to bolster the spirit of the "attagirl."

:) :) :D

I hear you, Kat. food is a big part of the holidays and I don't plan to forego any part of it. It's not Christmas without my grandmother's fruitcake Cookies. She's no longer with us, but I made them with her every year. Last year my Mom made them for me and I cried. My Mom cooks solely by saying "waiter, please bring me the..." so the fact that she remembered to make them (and successfully executed them) makes me well up just sitting here! Anyway, I don't think any of us think differently than you. The holidays aren't about counting every calorie. They're about friends and family, food and warmth. With the band, that will mean that we will forego the 10+ lb weight gain that usually accompanies the season.

All that said, in December I will commit to (1) exercising as much or more as I do in any other month, (2) drinking my Water every day and (3) not going to holiday parties/events hungry. If I eat a well balanced bandster meal ahead of time, how much damage can I do, you know?

Food and weight has dominated too many holiday seasons for me. In past years, I've been worried about going home -- worried about what my family will say or think about my weight gain. Worried about keeping them entertained at every minute with witty conversation to distract them from my physical challenges. The holidays will be much nicer this year. Much more about what they're supposed to be about.

Boo, my hair quit falling out about 6 weeks ago. I can't tell that it's coming back in yet, but it's definitely back to falling out at only a normal pace. It was scary there for a while, but I promise it does stop!

Went to Curves this morning..35 mins. workout.

Kat, I think you have the right attitude. Hope you enjoy your time with the family and all the "goodies" it will include, your Band will do it's job.

My weight loss is also very strange....no change on the scale all month..then a few days before the end of the month, BAM!!!! 5 lbs gone! It's been that way for me for the last 4 months.

OK, 15 sessions down and that's it for now. I'm headed out for my trip and I'll just have to get in 2 more sessions next week when I get back. Shouldn't be too hard, I suppose.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and I'll check in with you when I return!

Take care,

I'm back. That (bronchitis) cough is still harassing me, but I managed to walk yesterday and run 2 1/2 miles today. I have seven days to fit in seven workouts in order to meet this month's challenge. I'm gonna try!

Did everyone enjoy their Thanksgiving?

Take Care!