Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2006 Bandits November Challenge

Boo, sorry to hear about your Bronchitis. This is really the season to get sick; when I got back to NY it was damp and rainy...not good for my asthma. I haven't done much in the way of exercise because of that. Take care of yourself, and feel better soon.

Susan: Thanks...it's good to be back with the group!

Roberta

Thanks, Roberta. I appreciate it!

I have asthma, also, but it hasn't caused me any problems in the last 8 months. I won't be doing much any time soon. I have to go to work, but try to lay low after. I'm hoping I'll get well with enough time to complete the challenge.

Just popping in to enter my totals. Hope everyone is doing good.

11/1: No exercise. 50 oz. Water

11/2: 40 minutes treadmill. 48 oz. water (48 is my daily goal)

11/3: 40 minutes treadmill. 60 oz. water

11/4: No exercise, 48 oz. water

11/5: 55 minute fast-paced walk around the neighborhood, 60 oz water

<!-- / message -->11/6: None - too miserable from overfill experience. About 30 oz water

11/7: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/8: No exercise, 60 oz water.

11/9: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 72 oz water.

<!-- sig -->11/10: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/11: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/12: No exercise. 48 oz. water

11/13: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/14: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/15: No exercise. 48 oz water.<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Busy day - hair cut in the morning and manicure in the afternoon in preparation for our trip to sunny San Diego, CA on Monday, the 20th.........going to visit my sis for Thanksgiving in San Diego, going to a 50th anniv party for friends in LA the Sat after Thanksgiving, going to visit an old uncle (90) in Palm Springs the next day, then back to San Diego for a couple of sun filled days (hopefully) before we return on the 29th to the very wet NW. Going to see lots of friends and family that have not seen me since the lbs loss..........anxious to see all the reactions! I'll keep in touch during the trip on my sis's computer!

OK............my weight has come to a standstill............I've learned to maintain 182 lbs! But, the problem is that I still want to get down to at least 150 (or less).........I actually look pretty good for a 67 year old grammy right now (in a 14 pants, med to large top) and lots of friends have been telling me that if I lose more, I'll just sag more and my face will look gaunt (same old, same old).............so, I think I've become complacent and not sure of what I want to do................BUT, the last few days I've really sort of decided I do want to lose more. I think I know what my problem is..................I have 1 or 2 too many Snacks after dinner............good snacks but probably 200-300 calories too many.......so, as you are my witnesses as of today I am going to cut out the after dinner snacks and see if I can get this old bod into the 170's by the end of the month! My husband Alan is going to cut out his after dinner ice cream (low fat because he has high cholosterol) and join me in a non snacking eve so that should help a bunch! The band does it for me at meals and I'm not at all hungry (bored) during the day......it's just those pesky evenings when I poop out and lay around......I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem!

Going to my monthly local support group tonight..........have a great local on-line group that also meets monthly...............they have been such a help in the past 7 months...........lots of successfull "old timers".

November

4 - 1 hour NIA

6 - 1 hour NIA

7 - 1 hour walk to/from Breakfast

8 - 1 hour NIA

9 -

10 - 1 hour NIA/1/2 hour core/45 min strengh

11 - 1 Hour NIA

12 - Happy BD to me!

13 - 1 hour NIA/ 1/2 hour core/1 hour Group Power

14 - 1 hour walk to breakfast

15 - 1 hour NIA

16 - 1 hour walk to breakfast

Betty,

I'm only "allowed" to eat Flavor-ice Light pops after dinner. They're only 2.5 calories a piece, so I can eat as many as I want (usually 2 but sometimes as many as 4). if you like ice pops, you might give them a try. They're the only brand I've found that didn't have 15 cals (not that 15 is so many, but 2 is truly "free").

Maybe no night snacking shouldl be our December extra challenge....

Very exciting about your trip to France. I'm headed to Paris on Wednesday, actually. I'd love to meet you, as well, this spring when you're in NYC/NJ for the reunion. Let's touch base a few weeks before you come and figure something out.

Julie, We have no "only allowed rules" with the group that did my surgery. Maybe we should. Our guidelines are 3 meals and 1 or 2 band friendly snacks...................I think I'll follow your "rules". I actually have some of those lite pops.........in fact bought a ton of boxes when someone on Smartbandsters talked about them. Ate them in the summer, but don't feel like it now........too cold. I'll just stick to my hot tea for now. Good idea though. I think the idea of no night snacking for December is a great one!

For sure when the time draws near we'll talk about meeting in NY in the spring (it's actually the last couple of days of May, first part of June).......so, we'll both be a skeleton by then!

My doctor's office does not allow any snacks! I rarely feel hungry at night so not having a snack doesn't bother me.

Betty, you really lead an active social life!!! Do you think you or Julie could squeeze me into your suitcases for your trips to France?? I'll gladly pay the overages in excess baggage!!

Worked out at home tonight. 38 mins. Getting in my Water everyday!

Wow, Betty, sounds like you are going to be very busy. I hope you have a wonderful trip. I know what you mean about the evenings. I do great all day long. I have my Protein Shake for breakfast, a frozen dinner for lunch and then supper. But for some reason, I get the cravings around 8:00 at night. It is either for cheetoes or Peanut Butter tracks ice cream. The weird thing is, I never ate cheetoes or any kind of ice cream before being banded. I have forced myself to stay away from the cheetoes because once I start, I want to keep going. But I do allow myself a bowl of ice cream a couple of nights a week. Not a huge one, just enough to satisfy my craving.

I am whooped tonight. I think this was the hardest IFIT workout on my treadmill yet. I actually had sweat pouring off me by the time I was done. Ewww, I do hate sweating!!

11/1: No exercise. 50 oz. Water

11/2: 40 minutes treadmill. 48 oz. water (48 is my daily goal)

11/3: 40 minutes treadmill. 60 oz. water

11/4: No exercise, 48 oz. water

11/5: 55 minute fast-paced walk around the neighborhood, 60 oz water

<!-- / message -->11/6: None - too miserable from overfill experience. About 30 oz water

11/7: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/8: No exercise, 60 oz water.

11/9: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 72 oz water.

<!-- sig -->11/10: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/11: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/12: No exercise. 48 oz. water

11/13: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/14: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 60 oz water.

11/15: No exercise. 48 oz water.

11/16: 40 minutes on the treadmill. 72 oz water.<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Betty, it's not my surgical practice that doesn't "allow" night snacking, it's my own personal rule. Sorry I wasn't clear! I'm looking forward to seeing the skeletal you (and me) in May/June.

Wink, Julie

Been keeping busy--made it to Curves yesterday, and I was tired before I ever got there!!! Anyway between it and my day I got my time in, and may have squeaked by on the Water. Everywhere I went I forgot my water bottle so bought a new one, and I ended up with 4 half full bottles in the car, as well as what I drank here!!

Today i spent 3 hours lugging 6 foot tables all around the High School preparing for a Craft show tomorrow. My back and feet are killing me---I got in my exercise today without a doubt. I saw lots of really cool things, I have a feeling I am going to be broke after tomorrow!! I managed to drink 2 Sonic Route 44 Iced teas today, and a bottle of water. I just drank what they brought me...

I will update my signature to show my new numbers, I just haven't got around to it.

Have a safe trip Betty!!!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well--Boo--I hope you are feeling better, check in with us so we know you are alright!

See ya soon everyone!

Kat

Ladies..... I have a funny NSV to share with you, it's one that only "we" would appreciate. I was in town earlier today and as usual, traffic was heavy on this main road. As I waited for the light to change further down the street (so that I could cross mid-block) a guy in an SUV stopped traffic to let me cross the street!! Let me tell you, this would never have happened 55 lbs. ago!! I felt pretty darn good as I strutted across the street in my black boot leg jeans, and short black leather jacket! LOL

Roberta

Roberta, what fun - I can see you struttin!

Well, one day of no night time snacking and yeah.........my lowest weight todate! Those 170's are getting very close!

Going to be busy this week-end before leaving on our trip so doing a couple of days posting my exercise - in advance.........if it doesn't happen I'll go back and correct!!!!! Have to wash, pack and then on Sunday am having our gang over for an advanced turkey night......am feeling a little guilty because we're leaving our family here and taking off to San Diego.< /p>

Will try to check in during the week (I still need 4 more days of exercise - will have to do some serious walking in sunny so. calif).............if I don't get a chance....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!:hungry: (Small bites, and chew, chew, chew......................just not for hours and hours!!!)

November

4 - 1 hour NIA

6 - 1 hour NIA

7 - 1 hour walk to/from Breakfast

8 - 1 hour NIA

9 -

10 - 1 hour NIA/1/2 hour core/45 min strength

11 - 1 Hour NIA

12 - Happy BD to me!

13 - 1 hour NIA/ 1/2 hour core/1 hour Group Power

14 - 1 hour walk to breakfast

15 - 1 hour NIA

16 - 1 hour walk to breakfast

17 - 1 hour NIA/ 1/2 hour core

18 - 1 hour NIA

20 - 1 hour NIA/1/2 hour core/45 mins Strength Training

then in the afternoon******off to the airport!!!!!